Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Catch

Yes it's all thanks to Orchard County website.  The fixtures are usually posted on a Monday evening.

naka

sundays fixtures are on the official county website as well as the u-21 quarter finals

Kentucky Blue

Very tense at the bottom of division 1. thought mullaghbawn had 17 points but i was wrong.
so technically, IF mullaghbawn lose next weekend, and both whitecross and cullaville win, then there wud be a 3 way play-off atthe bottom with all teams tied on 16 points.  :o

the word was that cross wud not be fielding in next weekend's game so that wud be a welcome 2 points for cullaville. Tir Na nOg must have offered a bit of resistance yesterday anyway even though they are already down.

Onion Bag

TUESDAY 16TH OCTOBER

Boyle Transport

ACL Division 2 @ 8.00pm

Ballymacnab v St.Patricks—Jim Lynch

WEDNESDAY 17TH OCTOBER

Classic Mineral Water Company U21FC @ 8.00pm

Dromintee v Whitecross—Noel Martin

8.30pm      @ Ballymacnab:   St.Patricks v Pearse Og         S. O'Neill

Boyle Transport ACL Division 2 @ 8.00pm

Silverbridge v Carrickcruppin  G. Devlin

SATURDAY 20TH OCTOBER

Classic Mineral Water Company U21FC @ 2.00pm

Crossmaglen v Granemore               B. Henry

Killeavey          v Clan na Gael            J. McKee

St.Patricks or Pearse Og v Carrickcruppin    M. Leonard

Dromintee or Whitecross v Tir na nOg          J. Slevin

Boyle Transport ACL Division 3 @ 5.00pm

Lissummon v Middletown       J. Murtagh

SUNDAY 21ST OCTOBER

Boyle Transport ACL @ 2.00pm

Division 1

Cullaville          v Crossmaglen           S. McClatchey

Maghery          v Whitecross               J. Slevin

Pearse Og      v Dromintee                K. Murtagh

Division 2

Annaghmore   v Ballymacnab             E. Nugent

St.Patricks      v Carrickcruppin          J. McKee

Silverbridge     v Granemore               K. Gallogly

Keady             v St.Michaels               B. Henry

Killeavy            v St.Peter's                 N. Martin

Wolfe Tones   v Clann Eireann          O. Hearty (12Noon)

Division 3

Ballyhegan      v Clady                        M. McNicholl

An Port Mor     v Clonmore                 R. Robinson

Sarsfields        v Crossmaglen II         P. Boylan

Middletown      v Lissummon              J. Lynch

Madden           v St.Pauls                    J. Murtagh

Division 4

Belleek            v Corrinshigo               S. McClelland

Eire Og            v Forkhill                      P.Duffy

Dorsey Emmetts v Mullabrack               G. Smith

Shane O'Neills   v O'Hanlons                S. O'Neill

Derrynoose     v Grange                     V. O'Neill (12Noon

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

tevez

Who will win the St Pats V Pearse Ogs Under 21 game on Wednesday. Pearse Ogs would be favourite, but St pats have just won the minor championship and have some good under 21 players playing for their seniors who are doing well! I think it will be a tight one!

Onion Bag

Is there anyone from Annaghmore there, who can tell me if they are going to play the rest of their games, I think yesterday confirmed that they are definetly relegated, just wanted to know if they are going to fulfill the rest of their fixtures? ;)

goldenyears

just as an interested outsider, why when for a lot of teams this is a crucial stage of the season re: playoffs, do the armagh co board factor in an u21 competition? surely when senior clubs are having to squeeze in 7 or 8 games in 4 weeks they could do without this?

full back

They havent got a feckin clue gy.
You are correct about having under 21 games at this stage of the season. What makes it even worse is that during the summer some clubs didnt have any games for a few weeks ???

Aghdavoyle

there are no playoffs in the armagh leagues

Onion Bag

Personally i dont think that the U21 C'Ship is any good, At either County level or Club level, It does not get any recognition or very little, they should do away with it, It doesnt go to Ulster level, does it? Probably 90 or 95%  of the players involved are all playing senior level with their clubs, so i reckon that is enough football for any man, Basic season, 21 or 22 league games, At least one c'ship game, Maybe a couple of mickey mouse cup games, and training twice a week, probably since Feb time, The pick of these U21 players will all probably play 1st team senior Ball, whereas the fringe players will all play B Football, Only my opinion!  :)

stpauls

as far as i know, and have heard, there is talk of them doing away with both Minor and u-21 competitions and bringing in an u-19 or u-20 competition instead! this is to eliviate (sp) player burn out and to reduce fixtures.

winsamsoon

In all honesty golden years if the teams would play all they're games when they are supposed to they wouldn't have to squeeze in 7 or 8 games in four weeks. Don't get me wrong i think the county board fixture process is a shambles aswell but each individual club must accept some responsibility for the backlog. Some of the excuses used to call games off are absolutely terrible. I thought there was a rule enfofced last year that if a team called a game off it had to be played within a cwertain time frame ???? Did this just disappear?? If Cross don't fulfil the fixture with Cullaville and another team go down as a result then this is an absolute disgrace and should be sanctioned by the county board. This is going on the fact that Cross won't, as someone has claimed. I would rather wait and see if Cross do this.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

winsamsoon

I have probably missed this but who did Killeavy beat in the u-21's at the weekend.???

Onion Bag

Keady 2-5; Killeavey 3-15      U21 RESULT

winsamsoon