Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

cruppen 5 12 clann eireann 1`14

David McKeown

Yeah that was the score alright, very dull game although I thought Silverbridge attacked very well especially in the first half and there numbers 10, 14 and 15 were all superb.  I will get a full match report up from our end later tonight or tomorrow
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

pintsofguinness

I actually thought we were a bit lack luster and when we missed the first two shots at target and it was 1 - 1 after about 10 minutes I thought it was going to be one of those nights!!!
The scorelline probably suggests it was a lot easier than it was because we were made work for every score. 
I thought our defence were excellent. 
Number 10 was Brendan Byrne I think, had his usual game.
Number 14 was Liam Campbell, usual self as well.
Number 15 was Padi Cummiskey (I think), only his second senior game, he did do very well. 

Quotecruppen 5 12 clann eireann 1`14
Feckin hell!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

diesel-smuggler

carrickcruppen 5-12 clann eireann 1-15

obviously from a carrickcruppen perspective this was an excellent game of football from a TEAM! teamwork was the answer during the match last night and each and everyone of the lads fought like trojans and hunted in packs.

clann eireann had the ball in the net after 24 seconds of play. cruppen soon settled into the game and had been completely dominant by scoring 4 goals in a period of 8 or 9 minutes. most of the clann eireann scores had come from ryan henderson free kicks. cruppen went into half-time leading by seven points. peter loughran's 3rd goal came right at the start of the second half effectively ending the game as a contest.

jimmy mckee afforded clann eireann all of the 50/50 decisions in the second half and 5 henderson frees reduced the deficit to six points with 60 minutes played. cruppen added a further three points in injury time to leave 9 between the teams at the final whistle.

good entertaining game with cruppen playing the best football for a while! long may it continue!!!!!

rootthemout

heard that a player who came on for cross in the senior champ.on sunday night had played for their 2nd team in the intermediate championship this year,can someone play in two championships in the one year for two different teams?

diesel-smuggler

root apparantly they can providing they make the step up in grade.

he first played for the intermediate team, then the senior team.

if he played senior, then intermediate then crossmaglen would be in trouble!

Stranworst

Clans Tir Na Og draw again... match in extra time

T Fearon

Woohooooooooooooooooooooooo ;D

Yes folks, my wee club confirmed its status tonight as N Armagh's finest by knocking ex All Ireland club finalists Clan Na Gael, (Diarmuid Mrasden, Bumpy O'Hagan et al) out  of the Armagh Championship in one of the best club games I've ever seen!

Great all round display by Portadown, but special mention must go to Mrak Mc Allister ( unstoppable pace), Paul Carville (exemplary free taking in spite of a leg injury) and David Turley (ex Armagh panellist and there's worse on Armagh's current panel).

Where were the BBC Cameras by the way? Probably covering some shite match in Tyrone >:(

Jimmy Smyth, Tidsy Mc Kerr, Colm Mc Kinstry, all the O'Hagans, Diarmuid Marsden, Neil Lennon.... can you hear me? You're boys took one hell of a beating! ;D ;D ;D

Armagh Exile

Is the St Pats and Cross match finished yet?

pintsofguinness

Quoteone of the best club games I've ever seen!
Considering your not so regular contributions to the armagh club thread (did you notice there was one?) that doesn't say a lot!

I think this is the first time I've heard you mentioning your club without talking about amalgamating with someone else. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

banjoz

great result for tir na nog tonight but well done to both teams for a brilliant match which was played  in good spirit with the two sides concentrating on football.
Mc Allister for armagh if not celtic!

twotwocharlie

St Pats won by about 12pts. Rory Robinson chickens out when McKeever headbutts opponent and only gets a yellow card .
St Pats must have some injuries , macken was playing his usual crap. How he gets A COUNTY jersey is byond most people.

Donagh

Fcuk off Tony  ;) Sorry I missed it though...

armoutsider

1st message   Tir na nog v Clans, great match, great result, lets keep it going.  Well done TuTu, well done TNN

dexter

Well done Tir na nOg!
Nerve wrecking match. Boys could have dropped  their heads at several times eg the goals, late equaliser (Marsden 5mins in injury time), a couple of missed chances. But credit to mgt for keeping them focused on the next ball. The work done with Jim McGinness over the last couple of weeks seems to have given the boys a lot of confidence.