Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hectic

Quote from: bannside on November 22, 2018, 08:56:50 AM

Agree with Bogieman too...great post by the way. The kid did the wrong thing (for whatever the reason) but throwing him into oblivion wouldn't be in keeping with the club's or the GAAs welfare policy. He made a mistake as we all do, but the GAA has a much bigger role to play in our communities than fulfilling a sporting competition. As Bogieman says, be bigger than that.

Yeah it is a bit of a kick in the stones and embarrassing for a club like Dunloy who are doing brilliant work at underage but hopefully when that settles down there is a way back in for this lad. I think with young fellas in particular we have to understand mistakes in judgement can be made and as such a life sentence does not need to be passed down.

Gold

Quote from: Hectic on November 22, 2018, 09:24:53 AM
Quote from: bannside on November 22, 2018, 08:56:50 AM

Agree with Bogieman too...great post by the way. The kid did the wrong thing (for whatever the reason) but throwing him into oblivion wouldn't be in keeping with the club's or the GAAs welfare policy. He made a mistake as we all do, but the GAA has a much bigger role to play in our communities than fulfilling a sporting competition. As Bogieman says, be bigger than that.

Yeah it is a bit of a kick in the stones and embarrassing for a club like Dunloy who are doing brilliant work at underage but hopefully when that settles down there is a way back in for this lad. I think with young fellas in particular we have to understand mistakes in judgement can be made and as such a life sentence does not need to be passed down.

Agree...great post Bogieman. I couldn't understand it but as H says it may have been to play with his mates or whatever and at 21 or 22 years of age or whatever he is he's only a child and could do with a hand or an arm round the shoulder as Bogieman says

When I look back at the decisions I made at that age, some of which were massive and life changing, made with no guidance, I hadn't a clue
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: bannside on November 22, 2018, 09:06:27 AM
DR I missed your game on Tuesday but a couple of my son's and their friends were at it, and I believe you got out of jail....or made the comeback of all time depending on what version you believe. I'll definitely make a point of seeing the "replay!

yeah we made very hard work of it. 3 of the 4 goals were criminal to concede and made our job harder than it should of been.

at the end up we were lucky to get a draw but being 9 points down they didn't drop the heads and stuck at it to get a result.

was impressed with Moneyglass. very well organised defensively and able to translate the blanket defence into a good counter attack each time.
hurl like f**k boi!

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

The Dunloy v Moneyglass U21 A championship play off game is set for Ahoghill 2pm on Saturday.

Hectic

Looks as well like a number of teams did not field in at least 1 game in U21 groups. What is the craic here? Do these teams get booted out or do they get to come back in when it splits into A and B?

Belfast GAA man

Well if Dunloy didn't get booted out for cheating they can hardly boot out teams who tried unsuccessfully to field within the rules

Hectic

Haha and that is how quickly things can deteriorate.

belfastsaff

Very good Bfast GAA man lol , what way does the seeding work for the u21 does 1st play second in another group ?

country bumpkin

Quote from: belfastsaff on November 22, 2018, 03:18:00 PM
Very good Bfast GAA man
lol , what way does the seeding work for the u21 does 1st play second in another group ?

Open draw for qtr finals....

Gall's v Cargin Sat 3.30 Woodlands A (preliminary)

Casement's v Aghagallon Sun 2.00 Crumlin A (preliminary)

paddyjohn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 22, 2018, 02:58:56 PM
Well if Dunloy didn't get booted out for cheating they can hardly boot out teams who tried unsuccessfully to field within the rules

Up the dose..

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 22, 2018, 06:10:45 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 22, 2018, 02:58:56 PM

Up the dose..

;) Everyone loves a good wum on a forum lol
hurl like f**k boi!

The gooch

whos favourites for u21s then?

Dunloy, galls, aghagallon, brigids id go for

creggan surely in with a shout aswell with the forwards they have on offer

country bumpkin

Quote from: The gooch on November 23, 2018, 11:22:13 AM
whos favourites for u21s then?

Dunloy, galls, aghagallon, brigids id go for

creggan surely in with a shout aswell with the forwards they have on offer

Got to include Tir na Nog......beat Dunloy in last year's B final and Creggan on the way.
Have 10 or 11 regular seniors included and the same panel available from last year.....

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Country Bumpkin

'Got to include Tir na Nog......beat Dunloy in last year's B final and Creggan on the way'

You sure do they were impressive against us in final last year and blitzed Cargan in group game this year. They play the same system with U21 and Senior and it works for them.

The gooch

I hear st pauls are currently filing a motion so that all clubs can go through to the A section......