Dublin V Donegal

Started by Gareth, June 28, 2018, 07:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 15, 2018, 07:36:06 PM
Quote from: Hound on July 15, 2018, 07:07:37 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 15, 2018, 03:17:36 PM
Good solid home win for Dublin. Always had Donegal at arms length. Dublin won the game running the subs bench, not getting injuries, not getting cards and slowing the game down for the last 15 minutes.

The 7pm start is tough on Donegal supporters.

Jez what time did the Donegal supporter get home last night at?

1am?

The expense of travel?

A serious disrespect to Provincial champions!
And same for any Tyrone and Roscommon supporters that stayed on for the second game, and many did.
Dublin playing in Omagh next week at 7pm too. Saturday games should be 3.30pm and 5.30pm or thereabouts.

Did any of these supporters wait on? I'd presume if they did they were staying the night?

In fairness the Rossies are not as far away!

With the late start and the fact many of the trains back were tight on time the idea many Roscommon supporters stayed behind is a little laughable. To see Dublin keep Donegal at arms' length for 75 minutes in the most predictable manner possible? Not exactly heart-racing stuff.

If the Super 8 format isn't axed there's something seriously wrong with the GAA brass.

The Trap

Scully took 8 steps twice on his first goal.

Conallach

Good solid home win for Dublin. Always had Donegal at arms length. Dublin won the game running the subs bench, not getting injuries, not getting cards and slowing the game down for the last 15 minutes.

1am?

The expense of travel?

About right, yeah. The club's dry bus got in just after 2am, but it'd be an extra hour on from a lot of the county.

The Trap

He took 8 steps bounced the ball and another 8 before he put the ball in the net.

weareros

1am?

The expense of travel?

And same for any Tyrone and Roscommon supporters that stayed on for the second game, and many did.
Dublin playing in Omagh next week at 7pm too. Saturday games should be 3.30pm and 5.30pm or thereabouts.

Did any of these supporters wait on? I'd presume if they did they were staying the night?

What really is ridulous is how many Dublin supporters came in late for their own game in their home patch. I saw Rossies and Heron Gutters and Red Hands in Dublin since around 3. A GAA game is short enough besides being 10 or 15 mins late. No disrespect to genuine fans.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: The Trap on July 15, 2018, 11:03:12 PM
Scully took 8 steps twice on his first goal.

Mugsey moved the ball between his hands twice in the run up to his goal against the Dubs in the 2005 quarter final.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Jinxy

Joe Sheridan was pushed over the line.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

RedHand88

Canavan never touched it on the ground.

From the Bunker

Quote from: weareros on July 15, 2018, 11:26:35 PM

1am?

The expense of travel?

What really is ridulous is how many Dublin supporters came in late for their own game in their home patch. I saw Rossies and Heron Gutters and Red Hands in Dublin since around 3. A GAA game is short enough besides being 10 or 15 mins late. No disrespect to genuine fans.

In fairness to many of the Dublin Fans, a lot of them would be after finishing work and it would be a rush to get to the match in 15 minutes!