Who will win the 2024 Ulster title

Donegal
27 (56.3%)
Armagh
21 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: April 27, 2024, 08:54:31 PM

Rossfan

What about that Galway point a few years ago that was given in the dressing room at half time?

Someone said above that Down had all the ills of football-  soloing and handpassing.
Yet nobody in either official Committees or pundits or GAAboarders seem to ever suggest restricting those 2 activities.

The good news for Tyrone is I expect Donegal to win today.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Captain Scarlet

I was off to a gig so only had to endure the first half...Christ!

Down coughed it up whenever Armagh actually engaged them and were also afraid to shoot, but Armagh stood so far off them.

I am not trolling here, but is Ulster really that good? Like the reason why the Provincials are here to stay is down to one province but the quality varies a lot within that. The best game of the year could be Dublin v Derry in the league.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Armagh18

We were pathetic. Play like that against Donegal and it be 10 point hammering. I'd say Duffy will be in from the start the next day. Murnin, Soupy Turbo and others anonymous.

yellowcard

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 28, 2024, 11:24:37 AMWe were pathetic. Play like that against Donegal and it be 10 point hammering. I'd say Duffy will be in from the start the next day. Murnin, Soupy Turbo and others anonymous.

I'd say there will definitely be changes for the final. Turbitt, Burns and McElroy out. Nugent, Duffy and McCabe in for those three.

JoG2

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on April 28, 2024, 10:49:43 AMI was off to a gig so only had to endure the first half...Christ!

Down coughed it up whenever Armagh actually engaged them and were also afraid to shoot, but Armagh stood so far off them.

I am not trolling here, but is Ulster really that good? Like the reason why the Provincials are here to stay is down to one province but the quality varies a lot within that. The best game of the year could be Dublin v Derry in the league.

Good? Are you asking is the level good or the competiveness good? The former, there's 3 or 4 teams that, outside of Dublin could win Sam. 50% of next year's NFL Div 1 will consist of Ulster teams. The latter, Cavan beating Monaghan, Donegal taking out the Ulster champions and Div 1 winners. Cavan Tyrone going right to the wire, as did Down v Armagh. Ulster is by a great distance the most competitive province, and overall the strongest.. Not that you didn't know any of this of course  ;)

Wildweasel74

Burns is a midfielder, should be played there, way better than the current pair.

J70

Stronger looking Tyrone team. Kilpatrick has been dominant against us a few times.

We'll miss Patton too.

Armagh18

The changes have definitely pushed this towards Tyrone.

Gael85

screenexile

This could rival yesterdays dirge!!

Wish we'd played that way!

tyrone08

Wildweasel74

The way Donegal set up, which is the same as McGuiness team first time round, to beat it, you match it. It leads to a crap match of chess.But we see, Tyrone have the size in middle of the field to match Donegal, so they not Doninate midfield.

seanaglis

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 28, 2024, 11:24:37 AMWe were pathetic. Play like that against Donegal and it be 10 point hammering. I'd say Duffy will be in from the start the next day. Murnin, Soupy Turbo and others anonymous.

Cant agree with this. When the game came into the melting pot it was Murnin who made himself available to get out in front to win the ball to set up the winning score. Best player in armagh squad to do that. Never stops working. Just because he's not flashy doesn't mean he was anonymous. Armagh can take a lot away from yesterday. No need for panic

Wildweasel74

The goalkeeper I think made a attempt to get the ball but Canavan just tapped it away from him.

screenexile

Quote from: tyrone08 on April 28, 2024, 02:10:05 PMIs that not a clear black card

No! Keeper went for the ball and missed it and also didn't pull Canavan down.