Allianz Hurling League 2011 - Roinn 1

Started by Bord na Mona man, February 10, 2011, 08:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cicfada

Gardner was good but man of the match! he could have been sent off for being the third man in hte big scrap in the first half!! Hogan only scored 2 points , I think in the second half which wasn't enough to get him  the award!  John Allen showing some favouritism there??

Milltown Row2

Totally two different games, first half the new Cork team didn't have it, second part of the game the Old Cork team came out (bar Sean Og ::)) and that was the difference.

doesn't take a brain surgeon to work out what Cork need to do
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Reillers

Well that was..em..

To say that the scoreline flatters us a lot.
First off, the conditions were absolutely attrociuos.

Good points..
Paudie was probably the best of the forwards.

A lot of younger players did well.
Egan was good, Conor Sull did very well.
Cian Mac who I didn't really rate that much a few years ago has come on and should be starting.
Hoggie did well in the second half and showed some nerve with the penalty.

Cussen..what to say about him, just because he's 6 ft 6 or whatever the hell he is, doesn't mean he should start and he is so infurriating to watch.
The twins..outstanding as they are, Jerry gave a fortune away from handpassing. Ben wasn't great either. At the moment, they look like they'll seriously struggle, but it's only Feb and hopefully they'll pick up their game.

Not entirely pleased, but after the wins for Meelin and Ballymartle in their respective finals, thought we'd do the number on them again. But, despite an incredible work rate in the second half, it wasn't to be.

My biggest worry from that was our inability to get the ball in hand from within a group of players.
If I was Walsh I'd put them into a small room, and give them a sliotar and let them at it, because it was very worrying.

Despite loosing, it's a bit ammusing (if you can call it that) that Cork should have won the game when we weren't there in the first half, Cody wont be happy at all.

Bord na Mona man

Round 3

06.03.11 (Sat)

Tipperary V Waterford
Time: 7 30 PM, Venue: Semple Stadium, Thurles
Referee: James Owens

06.03.11 (Sun)

Offaly V Dublin
Time: 2 30 PM, Venue: O Connor Park, Tullamore
Referee: Alan Kelly

Kilkenny V Wexford
Time: 2 30 PM, Venue: Nowlan Park
Referee: Tony Carroll

Cork V Galway
Time: 2 30 PM, Venue: Páirc Uí Chaoimh
Referee: Brian Gavin

Bord na Mona man

Tipperary, Kilkenny and Galway to win
Offaly-Dublin a draw

deiseach

Hopelessly biased match report for Tipperary v Waterford here

seafoid

Galway 4-14 Kilkenny 3-13

lovely result but this quote was even better

But I said to them after the Cork game I wanted to see Galway players losing a bit of skin, losing a bit of blood. We all know about Galway stickwork and their ability on the ball and all that but you have to back it up with a rawness and a bitterness that maybe Galway teams have been lacking down the years and not just on my watch.

deiseach

Not quite as spectacular a win for Waterford as for Galway but the ending was probably even more dramatic. Read all about it (well, all about the Waterford half of it) here

Milltown Row2

Richie Hogan is some player!! Waterford yet to get going here but doing rightly.

Noticed that the Cats are 13/8 to win the All Ireland, when was the last time they were that big a price?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Galway handed Dublin their first defeat in this year's Allianz Hurling League at Parnell Park.
The Dubs were made to pay for a plethora of wides as Eanna Ryan's injury-time goal guided Galway to a gutsy win.

Nothing better for Galway than a win in injury time. If we could have done that last year in the championship...

AZOffaly

Big win for Offaly today. Wexford will have to beat both Tipp and Cork now, and hope Offaly lose to both Waterford and KK.

Huge win.

deiseach

Really poor game in Nowlan Park today. Don't let that stop you reading what I thought here (although feel free to not read it because you think what I write is poor)

orangeman

Quote from: deiseach on March 27, 2011, 10:00:01 PM
Really poor game in Nowlan Park today. Don't let that stop you reading what I thought here (although feel free to not read it because you think what I write is poor)

Brilliant read. Well done. Some nice pics too,

Milltown Row2

This should be a good game, Tipp players slowly coming back Galway looking to get to the final, Summers day (bit windy) but near perfect for this time of the year.

Hurling's great!!!

Milltown Row2

Tipp at the minute are running away with it, Galway tacking on a couple of scores but not in it today