The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

QuoteMG: No, people have asked about books but I wouldn't be interested in that.

I'm only that far in, and I think I'm in love. Apologies to Dan the Man and King Henry.

AZOffaly

Paul O'Connell has retired. Not really surprising I suppose, and I'm sad he never got to Toulon, for his own sake. For me, he's one of the best, and the best ever in Munster Red. A very nice man as well, and I hope he has a long, happy retirement with his young family.

Declan

That's a pity about Paulie alright. Irish rugby legend

Walter Cronc

highorlow

Jack Carty is a big loss for us for the rest of the season. How the f**k did he manage to do that to himself!
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

clowry13

what way is SOB and rob Kearney for the weekend?

clowry13

if fit:
Mcgrath
Best
ross??
McCarthy
toner
SOB
CJ
heaslip
Murray
Sexton
Earls
Henshaw
Payne
Trimble
Kearney

Would love to see mccloskey given a run out in centre along with henshaw with paynje at full back. Cant see it though..,

Bord na Mona man

I wonder did the doping allegations surrounding Toulon make retirement a more palatable option?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 09, 2016, 10:21:37 AM
Paul O'Connell has retired. Not really surprising I suppose, and I'm sad he never got to Toulon, for his own sake. For me, he's one of the best, and the best ever in Munster Red. A very nice man as well, and I hope he has a long, happy retirement with his young family.

Legend, one of the greats. A privilege to have been at his first game in Lansdowne Road and his last.

Will be a success, whatever he does next. Someone the IRFU should fast track into coaching via an overseas gig or two and away from Munster for his own benefit.
#newbridgeornowhere

Walter Cronc

Is he interested in coaching Dinny?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 09, 2016, 11:37:06 AM
Is he interested in coaching Dinny?

I don't know but unlike someone like O'Driscoll he strikes me as the coaching type. He used to do all the opposition analysis on line-outs for Munster and Leinster. Just a leader of men really.
#newbridgeornowhere

Walter Cronc

A Super 15 side for a couple of years then back to Munster :D

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 09, 2016, 11:43:04 AM
A Super 15 side for a couple of years then back to Munster :D

If I was Tony McGahan, I'd be on the phone straight away. 2 year gig in Melbourne, partly funded by the IFRU, followed by a year or two in France. Then Munster 2 years as forwards coach and then head-coach. Fast track him but monitor his development. Foley is an example of why a coach needs to broaden his experience. Cullen the same but Cullen spent time in Leicester and that culture changed him for the better. 
#newbridgeornowhere