Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Ah yes, I need to flip them.

Thanks.

Update: Fixed.

dec

Quote from: sid waddell on June 17, 2020, 10:48:31 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 17, 2020, 09:26:11 PM
I'm torn about whether or not I should get John "let's invade Iraq" Bolton's book. Maybe I can pick up a second-hand printed copy.
Hopefully somebody does a Cathal McCarron on it and puts the PDF of it up on the internet.

There are links to PDFs and epub format files on twitter.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on June 22, 2020, 08:59:27 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 22, 2020, 08:18:08 PM
Just in case anyone thinks defunding the police is a good idea for the big cities, just look at what happened in Chicago this  weekend-

104 shot
14 dead

(Including a 3 year old and a 13 year old)

But their lives don't seem to matter to the rent a mob we saw out a few weeks ago (and I'm talking about the rioters and looters, not ordinary protestors)
new York shootings gone up 350% from same time last year but warren wilhelm jr is more interested in tearing down teddy Roosevelt statues .

I didn't know who the f**k you were talking about and had to look up the name to see it's DeBlasio's childhood given name.

Do you find that using it strengthens your "point" in some way?

I've been following the Teddy Roosevelt statue discussions over the past few years as I'm a long time member of the American Museum of Natural History and an admirer of Roosevelt. It was AMNH who proposed its removal based on the discussions. Roosevelt's family, including his great-grandson, TR IV, who sits on the board, agree. They put it to the city and they then agreed; the statue is city property. The statue itself is the issue, not Roosevelt, who will still be central at the museum. It's him on a horse, flanked by a walking Native American and East African tribesman. DeBlasio has NOT been at the forefront of this.

And perhaps if you googled him by his real name, you'd see he has taken quite a lot of flack in recent weeks for defending the NYPD.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 23, 2020, 01:02:40 AM
Just in case anyone thinks defunding the police is a good idea for the big cities, just look at what happened in Chicago this  weekend-

104 shot
14 dead

But their lives don't seem to matter to the rent a mob we saw out a few weeks ago (and I'm talking about the rioters and looters, not ordinary protestors)
new York shootings gone up 350% from same time last year but warren wilhelm jr is more interested in tearing down teddy Roosevelt statues .

I didn't know who the f**k you were talking about and had to look up the name to see it's DeBlasio's childhood given name.

I've been following the Teddy Roosevelt statue discussions over the past few years as I'm a long time member of the American Museum of Natural History and an admirer of Roosevelt. It was AMNH who proposed its removal based on the discussions. Roosevelt's family, including his great-grandson, TR IV, who sits on the board, agree. They put it to the city and they then agreed; the statue is city property. The statue itself is the issue, not Roosevelt, who will still be central at the museum. It's him on a horse, flanked by a walking Native American and East African tribesman. DeBlasio has NOT been at the forefront of this.

And perhaps if you googled him by his real name, you'd see he has taken quite a lot of flack in recent weeks for defending the NYPD.

LOL-how can you live in NYC  and not know who Warren Wilhelm is?

Anyway I see your homie Shaun King is calling for statues of Jesus to be taken down and stained glass windows removed

Your people are becoming completely unhinged.

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 23, 2020, 02:04:55 AM
Quote from: J70 on June 23, 2020, 01:02:40 AM

104 shot
14 dead

LOL-how can you live in NYC  and not know who Warren Wilhelm is?

Anyway I see your homie Shaun King is calling for statues of Jesus to be taken down and stained glass windows removed

Your people are becoming completely unhinged.

Why would I know DeBlasio's original name?

I never heard of Shaun King. How is he supposed to be "my homey"?

But from a google search I see he is complaining about Jesus being depicted as  white European.

It's a fair complaint, albeit it relatively trivial and one I don't care about as I'm an atheist.

I'd be far more worried about your own side when it's come to lunacy though.

whitey

I don't have a side, I'm a registered Independent

You guys are supposedly going to walk away with this thing in November, don't screw it up

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 23, 2020, 02:32:49 AM

You guys are supposedly going to walk away with this thing in November, don't screw it up

You're a conservative, a movement now owned lock, stock and barrel by Donald Trump and his cult of personality.

There may be plenty of kooks and whack jobs on the liberal side too, but at least the national party as a whole is fairly sane and mainstream.

I've never said this will be a landslide or easy election in any way.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on June 23, 2020, 02:38:09 AM

You're a conservative, a movement now owned lock, stock and barrel by Donald Trump and his cult of personality.

There may be plenty of kooks and whack jobs on the liberal side too, but at least the national party as a whole is fairly sane and mainstream.

who is the leader of the liberal movement right now ?

J70

Quote from: Gmac on June 23, 2020, 02:58:17 AM

who is the leader of the liberal movement right now ?

I would say there isn't a single leader.

whitey

Trump isn't a conservative.....far from it

And don't kid yourself. The "Squad" is neither sane nor mainstream

John Bolton said today that the Democrats were almost as bad and somewhat equivalent to' President Trump.....a view I would share

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 23, 2020, 03:10:41 AM

Trump isn't a conservative.....far from it

And don't kid yourself. The "Squad" is neither sane nor mainstream

John Bolton said today that the Democrats were almost as bad and somewhat equivalent to' President Trump.....a view I would share

Yet Trump has the conservative movement by the short and curlies, with virtually every one of them afraid to step out of line. If he isn't a conservative, then you guys must be incredibly naive and stupid. But let's face it, he is the culmination of what the conservative movement has been cultivating for decades: complete intransigence and disregard for the humanity of illegal immigrants; virulent opposition to environmental regulations; antipathy towards minorities; fake white and Christian victimhood. You personally may have little sympathy for Trump's appalling rhetoric and policies ( although did you not admit on here to voting for Bernie in the MASS primary to do your bit to sabotage the Dems for November??), but YOU are the exception in the conservative movement. He says out loud what they've been insinuating and selling for years. Fox News, Rush Limbaugh and the rest have hitched themselves to Trump completely and passionately. The conservative base have been unwavering in their devotion no matter what revelations have come out, stuff they used to froth at the mouth about if any single one of them was against a Democrat.

Trump isn't just a conservative, he's THE conservative!

I don't really care what Bolton says about the Democrats. If you think they're as bad as Trump, knock yourself out and make the argument.

As for "the Squad", they may not be mainstream, but neither are they the driving force of the Democratic Party or liberalism. The GOP and the conservative movement sold their souls to Trump. The Dems have not done so with AOC or even Bernie. Biden is nothing if not the safest, most non-threatening, moderate choice the Dems could have made for this election.

The Dems, at this point in time, are basically a coalition of various groups who stand opposed to one or more of the radical, reactionary positions of the GOP. The likes of Bernie were never going to unite the party, even if it is basically running an "anyone but Trump"/"back to normality" campaign this year. Biden is the nominee by default because he's moderate enough, policy-wise, to not offend a significant enough chunk of a party whose overriding motivation is to come together to vote that travesty out of the White House. Hopefully that motivation is sufficient and hopefully the "moderate"  approach will contrast favourably enough with Trump to peel off a decisive number of independents.

whitey

J70-I voted for Bernie because I wanted to block Elizabeth Warren who was doing very well at the  time.....I'm actually fine with Joe Biden being the nominee and might even vote for him. 

Are you not highly disappointed at the leadership of the Democratic Party who have been very slow to come out and condemn the rioters and looters and support the police?

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 23, 2020, 12:13:32 PM
J70-I voted for Bernie because I wanted to block Elizabeth Warren who was doing very well at the  time.....I'm actually fine with Joe Biden being the nominee and might even vote for him. 

Are you not highly disappointed at the leadership of the Democratic Party who have been very slow to come out and condemn the rioters and looters and support the police?

Not really, no.

They've condemned violence. Biden has refused to support defunding the police. And I'll be more concerned about whatever you deem to be "supporting" the police when the police unions start to become less reactionary and start to concede that their members do f**k up on the job now and then. Their pronouncements in the respective cities in the wake of the Floyd murder, the old dude in Buffalo, and various releases over the years here in NYC after a number of different incidents were nothing short of disgraceful.

I don't support getting rid of cops, I respect most of them, and I think they've a tough job, but they have to be accountable to the public and stop the aggressive and tone deaf closing of ranks around the most blatant, ridiculous misconduct among their members.

RadioGAAGAA

You forgot fascist and racist.

If whitey not only won't condemn, but tries to make excuses for people acting like fascists and racists, then he isn't much better than the perpetrators.
i usse an speelchekor

whitey

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 23, 2020, 01:15:34 PM

You forgot fascist and racist.

If whitey not only won't condemn, but tries to make excuses for people acting like fascists and racists, then he isn't much better than the perpetrators.

That's the oldest trick in the book-disagree with me and you're a racist

I'd love for you to point out ONE thing I have ever said that could be construed as racist