Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Ballycastle, dunloy or, dare i say it, corrigan for the final. I think maybe ballycastle but that's a guess.

Loughgiel completely on top today and on that showing should probably be favourites for the final. Tiernan coyles to me man of match. Ballycastle looked for a little bit like they might score a goal but then hardly did anything more. The thing that struck me was the difference in handling. Ballycastle all over couldn't catch a ball and loughgiel were fielding a lot from 1-15.

Should be a good final. Best two teams no doubt.

Mcmanus should be fitter for final which will help cushendall. Loughgiel very strong everywhere though.

btdtgtt

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 11, 2016, 07:12:02 PM
Final venue?
Assume ballycastle.
Outside chance Cushendall?

Sorry! :)

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 11, 2016, 08:21:19 PM
Ballycastle, dunloy or, dare i say it, corrigan for the final. I think maybe ballycastle but that's a guess.

Loughgiel completely on top today and on that showing should probably be favourites for the final. Tiernan coyles to me man of match. Ballycastle looked for a little bit like they might score a goal but then hardly did anything more. The thing that struck me was the difference in handling. Ballycastle all over couldn't catch a ball and loughgiel were fielding a lot from 1-15.

Should be a good final. Best two teams no doubt.

Mcmanus should be fitter for final which will help cushendall. Loughgiel very strong everywhere though.

Agree about Coyle, looked composed when he had the ball. Watson never really got into the game but still managed to hit a couple of scores. I thought L'Ghiel overplayed the ball at times especially upfront.

Ballycastle will be kicking themselves, they had some chances and the one that hit the bar will hunt them for a few days no doubt.

Skinny had a good enough game also I thought, best ref in the county bar none.

imtommygunn

Yeah i meant to say that. Thought the ref was very good. I've never seen a ref play advantage so much. That's nit a slight - he does it well and it really helps the game flow.

Realistically ballycastle were second best in most areas of pitch. Had that one that hit the crossbar went in might have made more of a game.

Much better game than last night though even with the wind.

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 11, 2016, 08:39:00 PM
Yeah i meant to say that. Thought the ref was very good. I've never seen a ref play advantage so much. That's nit a slight - he does it well and it really helps the game flow.

Realistically ballycastle were second best in most areas of pitch. Had that one that hit the crossbar went in might have made more of a game.

Much better game than last night though even with the wind.

He almost caught it to well. Clarke is a joy to watch but was well marshalled today.

Link

Can anyone explain how ballycastle got the free on the 21 near the end? To me it seemed like saul got fouled after he flicked the ball on, whoever hit it wide from the wing didn't look to have been fouled. 

A bit strange that they changed free taker twice for it too.

Loughgiel's 11 was very efficient at the placed balls bar the miss early in 1st half.

NAG1

Quote from: Link on September 11, 2016, 10:51:11 PM
Can anyone explain how ballycastle got the free on the 21 near the end? To me it seemed like saul got fouled after he flicked the ball on, whoever hit it wide from the wing didn't look to have been fouled. 

Loughgiel's 11 was very efficient at the placed balls bar the miss early in 1st half.

I would imagine that is the advantage rule at work  ???

micko12368

No issue with Glenravel, thought everyone involved with club did a great job. Only had to wait about 5 mins to get out of the field  and thats with parking near the top of the field. Not bad for a football club!!!!

Link

Quote from: NAG1 on September 11, 2016, 10:55:21 PM

Surely if no advantage is gained, it goes back to where the foul was commited.

Bonamargy

Quote from: Link on September 11, 2016, 11:02:17 PM

It was given for a late tackle after the ball was struck. For a late tackle, the free is awarded where the ball lands.

imtommygunn

Was it not given for a loughgiel defender picking the ball off the ground? It was where a penalty would be given but foul on the ball so 21 yard free?

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 12, 2016, 07:18:06 AM
Was it not given for a loughgiel defender picking the ball off the ground? It was where a penalty would be given but foul on the ball so 21 yard free?
[/quote

Was is not given for DD laying on the ball?

Hirty Darry

Quote from: Bonamargy on September 11, 2016, 11:27:45 PM

It was given for a late tackle after the ball was struck. For a late tackle, the free is awarded where the ball lands.

It should have been taken on the 21 yard line opposite where it crossed the end line and not the middle of the 21 yd line.  (As per the official guide rules).

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 12, 2016, 07:47:01 AM
Quote from: Bonamargy on September 11, 2016, 11:27:45 PM

It should have been taken on the 21 yard line opposite where it crossed the end line and not the middle of the 21 yd line.  (As per the official guide rules).

Unless someone was giving off to the ref and he moved it to a more advantageous position on the 21. As per rule book
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Final should be in ballycastle this year. def wont be us as the pitch is currently being dug up and drained at the top end of the field. its closed till next may.
hurl like f**k boi!