Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 21, 2016, 10:46:18 AM
It took a long time before Owenbeg hosted club games though...

I would have thought maybe a dozen years or so??

+1

If you recall Owenbeg in the early days it was not an overly nice place to be.

It has come on and has been developed into a quality facility.

Na Glinntí Glasa

It is good to see that its being progressed along and its starting to take shape that it can be used.

I know its harsh comparing it to Owenbeg as its a brilliant facility but the Derry county board have had their house in order a lot longer than we have. I would love to see a top class facility for our kids and adult teams to use but until that time comes then we will just have to work with what we have.

Theres plenty of spare ground around the pitches to expand facilities so theres room to improve the place.

It is a starting point and thats positive.
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Dunloy realist on April 21, 2016, 11:15:07 AM
It is good to see that its being progressed along and its starting to take shape that it can be used.

I know its harsh comparing it to Owenbeg as its a brilliant facility but the Derry county board have had their house in order a lot longer than we have. I would love to see a top class facility for our kids and adult teams to use but until that time comes then we will just have to work with what we have.

Theres plenty of spare ground around the pitches to expand facilities so theres room to improve the place.

It is a starting point and thats positive.

If the current executive left with dunsilly fully operational and fit for purpose - then that'd certainly be something to be commended. Let's hope we get that progress.

themac_23

Quote from: saffyman on April 21, 2016, 10:30:10 AM
hope dunsilly doesn't end up like woodlands which is a hole

in what way is it a hole? New changing pavilion, great parking facilities and a full size 3G floodlit pitch... aye def a hole

paddyjohn

Quote from: themac_23 on April 21, 2016, 12:49:31 PM
Quote from: saffyman on April 21, 2016, 10:30:10 AM
hope dunsilly doesn't end up like woodlands which is a hole

in what way is it a hole? New changing pavilion, great parking facilities and a full size 3G floodlit pitch... aye def a hole

Clearly he hasn't been in the last few years, but it fairness it was a hole before the work was done.

theskull1

What he should have said was

hope dunsilly doesn't take as long as woodlands to end up 'not a hole'
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

bannside

As long as Dunsilly is good enough to accommodate our development squad activity and preparation of county teams etc it will be a very welcome development. From what I see it will adequately tick those boxes. Plenty of scope for further development in second or third phase if the money can be raised.

When Dunsilly is finally opened it is only fit and proper that a healthy dose of credit is extended to previous Coiste Bainisti for the roles they played in delivering this. It was a road full of unexpected twists and turns, but they stuck with it and to finally get the facility opened will be a great achievement.

The new board can take the project on a bit further in the next few years.

Franko

Owenbeg is a first rate facility but it must be remembered that Derry County Board bought the land for that in 1996/97 IIRC and it was finished in 2014.

paddyjohn

Panel to play Kildare..

1 Chris O'Connell Loughgiel
2 Simon McCrory St Johns
3 Tony McCloskey Loughgiel
4 Ryan Mc Cambridge Ruairi Og
5 Odhran McFadden Loughgiel
6 Neal Mc Auley Ballycastle
7 Conor McKinley Dunloy
8 Ciaran Johnson Naomh Eoin
9 Eoghan Campbell Ruairi Og
10 Niall McKenna Sarsfields
11 Conor Carson Ruairi Og
12 John Dillon Fanaithe A Gleanna
13 Conor Johnston St Johns
14 Sean McAfee Ruairi Og
15 Ciaran Clarke Ballycastle
16 Gabriel Mc Taggart Dunloy
17 James Connolly Rossa
18 Paddy Burke Padraig Ruairi Og
19 Fergus Donnelly Ballycastle
20 Barry McFall St Johns
21 Michal Dudley St Johns
22 Eddie McCloskey Loughgiel
23 Darren Hamill Shane O Neills
24 Bernard Graham Clooney Gaels
25 Colm Duffin Tir Na nOg

All the best lads.

theskull1

Personally would rather they'd pulled out of the CR but I hope attitudes and performances improve quicker than I'd imagined. The very best of luck to both senior teams down in Dublin as well as our U14/15/16 & 18 teams out tomoro against KK and Dublin. A very important day at all age groups
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Good luck to all involved.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

NAG1

Good to see CJ getting on well in Australia

WTF

Minder

Quote from: NAG1 on April 22, 2016, 10:05:38 PM

WTF

What did he do ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG1

Quote from: Minder on April 22, 2016, 10:22:19 PM

WTF

What did he do ?

Passed a ball in some beach football tournament and we are posting it on the official Antrim twitter site...... slight bug bear at the moment.

Minder

Quote from: NAG1 on April 22, 2016, 10:29:00 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 22, 2016, 10:22:19 PM

WTF

What did he do ?

Passed a ball in some beach football tournament and we are posting it on the official Antrim twitter site...... slight bug bear at the moment.

Yeah I had to unfollow them, some nonsense on it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"