Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 16, 2016, 03:38:52 PM
I'm going to head to the Dunloy/johnnies game. It should be a tight game. Looking forward to it

Thurles for me ;)

Brocky

Cushendall v loughgiel match rearranged for monday is now off as county play b castle in a friendly on Tuesday. Do the powers that be not communicate?

north_antrim_hound

Dunloy 2.13 st johns 3.07
Leaked three goals very soft
Down 7 points with 8 minutes to
Cairan Elliot hit two goals

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

CitySlicker11

Sounds like a good come back victory for Dunloy. Will do great for their morale early on in the season. With a lot of youngsters to blood over the next few years they could be a force again soon. St John's will have fancied themselves strongly and will be disappointed. Any other games played today?

Bonamargy

Ballycastle 1-17  1-14 Portaferry. We were ahead from start to finish, but got tight enough in the last ten minutes. That's a good result for Rossa away in Ballycran. Never easy getting a win away in County Down. Good to get the leagues up and running.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Brocky on April 17, 2016, 01:10:30 PM
Cushendall v loughgiel match rearranged for monday is now off as county play b castle in a friendly on Tuesday. Do the powers that be not communicate?

Is this for real?
Our top two club teams don't play a competitive game - so our county team can play a challenge game against a different club team?
Please tell me this is wrong!
If true I'm ranking this alongside all the other scandals of recent weeks!

Thurles yesterday was a bit strange as both games were effectively over before the final whistle - even given that the physicality and speed is always a wake up call to the different levels that exist. And it wasn't even championship yet! Waterford play that system so well although a lack of goals (penalties) still worries me for the summer.
I don't think anyone in Thurles believed the Clare win would count for much come championship - they'll have to do it all again.

If we're at the business of cancelling top club games in preference for a county challenge game then such matches will always be out of our reach. Regardless of the season we've had - to cancel club games for Christy ring is inhibiting our hurling and merely prolonging the quagmire we are in. I'm struggling to get my head round this if it's true!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Thought we got out of jail on sunday against st johns. 3 terrible goals we conceeded in the first half to go in 0-06 to 3-04 down at half time.

Fair play to the lads as they dug deep and scored 2-07 to st john's 0-03 in the second half. Young ciaran elliott had only 2 chances in the entire game for a score and he buried 2 cracking goals, the last of which was at the death to put us up by 2 points.

hurl like f**k boi!

MoChara

Why did they go ahead with the reserve game for Cushendall and Loughgiel and move the Senior game surely it'd make some sense the other way about?

paddyjohn

Was it not called off for a stag do?

johnneycool

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 18, 2016, 11:54:34 AM

Is that reason enough now?

paddyjohn

Quote from: johnneycool on April 18, 2016, 11:57:53 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on April 18, 2016, 11:54:34 AM

Is that reason enough now?

Only going by what I was told by a man from Loughuile last week.

theskull1

Not setting good standards there.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Dualta Duane

maybe taking this slightly off centre - anyone see any of the Feile games at the weekend? Sars v Stinsons (F), Rossa V Eire Og/ Brides (h)  I watched the sars game (football game) - some serious big units on that team.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Dualta Duane on April 18, 2016, 12:25:18 PM
maybe taking this slightly off centre - anyone see any of the Feile games at the weekend? Sars v Stinsons (F), Rossa V Eire Og/ Brides (h)  I watched the sars game (football game) - some serious big units on that team.

A lot of work going in and Sarsfields at underage level - bigger numbers across age groups than I have seen them with.
Rossa were favourites for the hurling and were strong as expected - have seen them before. Good also to see some hurling from south belfast ;)

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 18, 2016, 12:59:08 PM
Quote from: Dualta Duane on April 18, 2016, 12:25:18 PM

A lot of work going in and Sarsfields at underage level - bigger numbers across age groups than I have seen them with.
Rossa were favourites for the hurling and were strong as expected - have seen them before. Good also to see some hurling from south belfast ;)

Plenty of hurling in South Belfast, on the right side of the Lagan thankfully..