Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 08, 2016, 04:35:40 PM
SIE any truth in the rumours Johnny Coen has moved to Antrim from Galway and transfered
Enda Coen as far as I know. He was there towards the end of last year.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Sleeping giant on February 08, 2016, 07:34:22 PM
SIE any truth in the rumours Johnny Coen has moved to Antrim from Galway and transfered
it's his brother.  And he couldn't hurl spuds to ducks.  So don't panic. Lol.
From what I've been told he's decent enough.  ;)

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Sleeping giant on February 08, 2016, 07:34:22 PM
it's his brother.  And he couldn't hurl spuds to ducks.  So don't panic. Lol.

That's different I didn't know he had a brother so that's not a good sign 😃
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Bonamargy

So, who is the plus one other from Cushendall, that is to be added to the Antrim panel on 31st March? Why the secrecy? I hope it is Neil McManus.

Mourne man

Any word on when league fixtures are being released ?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Bonamargy on February 08, 2016, 09:22:30 PM
So, who is the plus one other from Cushendall, that is to be added to the Antrim panel on 31st March? Why the secrecy? I hope it is Neil McManus.

McManus, McAfee, McGill I would take any 1 of them!

Bonamargy

Quote from: paddyjohn on February 09, 2016, 07:33:14 AM

Indeed. Can we not take all three? Great atmosphere about all things Antrim atm. County Football, County Hurling, new board, Cushendall, Creggan all flying. Great to see and long may it continue!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Would take any of them as well. really impressed with McAfee on sat, thought he played really well the whole game.
hurl like f**k boi!

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 09, 2016, 09:21:10 AM

Would take any of them as well. really impressed with McAfee on sat, thought he played really well the whole game.

No Creggan men on county panel?

imtommygunn

Which one is Paddy Burke? Martin Burke is the full back but where does Paddy play? Was he playing Saturday?

It will be harsh on who loses out to the dall guys but that's the way it goes I guess. Derry this weekend is a must win game - well I guess they all are if we want promotion!

I think the panel looks strong though.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 09, 2016, 09:56:46 AM
Which one is Paddy Burke? Martin Burke is the full back but where does Paddy play? Was he playing Saturday?

It will be harsh on who loses out to the dall guys but that's the way it goes I guess. Derry this weekend is a must win game - well I guess they all are if we want promotion!

I think the panel looks strong though.
Paddy has been injured since start of championship last year. He normally plays Centre Half. Only on the way back now.

I'd be surprised of McAfee went to the county...just don't think he would interested in playing county hurling...but that's just a guess on my part.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on February 09, 2016, 09:30:45 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 09, 2016, 09:21:10 AM

No Creggan men on county panel?
I'd have thought when it all settles down there'll be a couple of creggan men on the panel.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Pjoe

Agree fully with MR on the sanctions. I am both a coach & parent and I have been approached to move my son to the "better club". It is absolutely the subtle thing of approaching the stronger player(s) and entice with medals and the other players will absolutely think WTF and very soon a club that was just about able to field a team folds.  That's the reality of it lads and the "big" clubs know that.  Unfortunately they are blinded by their own short sighted view and cannot see that in the long run lack of local completion will only stifle their own long term growth.       

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Quote from: seafoid on February 09, 2016, 08:51:57 PM
Who was Ruairi Og ?
I couldn't find it but i sent out a couple of texts hopefully have an answer soon.

What a result for Cushendall! I never seen an Antrim team do that since Dunloy beat Glenmore. Its important for Cushendall not to get complacent and start focusing and training for the final. Every move should be well measured, this could possibly be a once in a life time opportunity. They are probably just going to have to live like professionals from now to the final or at least the best they can. Dose anyone think it would be a good idea to play a few matches on an all weather surface because it would be more like Croke Park? They seemed well coached and I like the way they clog up the defense like Tyrone would do. It leaves more room for the full forward line as long as they stay deep. Funny how hurling is going its like a possession game from the puck outs.