Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: Bonamargy on April 20, 2016, 09:40:27 AM
Have Cushendall appointed a new manager yet?

Heard at the weekend that Smokey is back in.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 20, 2016, 10:21:35 AM

You heard wrong

paddyjohn

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on April 20, 2016, 10:48:14 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on April 20, 2016, 10:21:35 AM

You heard wrong

I remember him saying after the AI final that he was away sp I found it strange his name was mentioned.

NAG1

Maybe it is just me, but why would be promoting that our County hurlers were playing against a club team? No disrespect to Ballycastle.

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on April 20, 2016, 02:16:51 PM
Maybe it is just me, but why would be promoting that our County hurlers were playing against a club team? No disrespect to Ballycastle.

I'd presume it was just the new management wanting a look at the players before this Saturdays Christy Ring run out!!

Hand up

Agree NAG
What's the point other than perhaps a chance to set up their team, which they couldn't do as McAuley and Clarkey where needed for the Town!!
Latest Irish story from our CCC that he Cushendall were fined £300 and deducted a point for a failure to field!! Now the facts where the match was moved to Monday with the agreement of Loughguile and the CCC and then the County called it off for last nights farce and we get fined!! Unreal why would we bother sending players if that's the way we get treated.

north aontroim gael

I think our new PRO needs to learn that less can sometimes be more with social media.  I had to unfollow the County Twitter feed as they post 50-100 times a day 7 days a week. Most of it is retweeting information from every club in the County even if it is just to say that U14 club camogie training is called off. I'm all for supporting the County but this information doesn't need to be shared to everybody. No one outside of St Johns really needs to see a tweet about their U14 camogie team do they?

I'd rather see the social media outlets focused on our County teams across all codes and if possible the odd update on Casement / Dunsilly.

NAG1

Quote from: johnneycool on April 20, 2016, 02:36:19 PM

I'd presume it was just the new management wanting a look at the players before this Saturdays Christy Ring run out!!

I took that part as read JC - the need to be posting about it online I fail to see.

saffyman

completely agree NAG no need for it all hes doing very well but the constant updates can be very annoying

NAG1

Quote from: saffyman on April 20, 2016, 03:13:51 PM
completely agree NAG no need for it all hes doing very well but the constant updates can be very annoying

While I find the retweets a bit annoying I can put up with those and sometimes nice to see what other clubs are doing etc

Its this one issue I have a bit of a problem with, not trying too be overly critical.

Na Glinntí Glasa

was past dunsilly there and the building seems to be finished building wise and the contractors working on the inside elements of the structure.

Its a lot smaller than what was submitted to planning so i assume they have went for a cost cutting exercise and made the development smaller. The pitches have now all had the fencing added and the posts are all in place. Its getting close to being usable but its not a brilliant set up. theres no facilities for toilets near the pitches or somewhere to watch a match there in shelter.

If im honest its bog standard and nothing more but it will do the job to get us started. What im scared of is thats all it will ever be, bog standard. Its no Owenbeg i can assure you of that.
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

:-[  Its the aspirations (or lack of) that it places in the minds of the players .

Apathy raises its head in many ways. Shame thats all that we can afford to do currently
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

saffyman

hope dunsilly doesn't end up like woodlands which is a hole

btdtgtt

Quote from: Dunloy realist on April 21, 2016, 08:55:50 AM
was past dunsilly there and the building seems to be finished building wise and the contractors working on the inside elements of the structure.

Its a lot smaller than what was submitted to planning so i assume they have went for a cost cutting exercise and made the development smaller. The pitches have now all had the fencing added and the posts are all in place. Its getting close to being usable but its not a brilliant set up. theres no facilities for toilets near the pitches or somewhere to watch a match there in shelter.

If im honest its bog standard and nothing more but it will do the job to get us started. What im scared of is thats all it will ever be, bog standard. Its no Owenbeg i can assure you of that.

I suppose we should be grateful for ANY progress?
Maybe thinking of it along the lines of a base for county squads to train on - nothing else - not hosting club games like Owenbeg for example.

imtommygunn

It took a long time before Owenbeg hosted club games though...

I would have thought maybe a dozen years or so??