Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Main Street on February 15, 2020, 11:17:45 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 15, 2020, 09:46:34 AM
Quote from: Main Street on February 14, 2020, 01:15:32 PM
I'm partial to a 30k comfortable modern seated stadium with all the facilities in Belfast. If there's easy enough access from the motorway and parking is available. Such a stadium would get good usage.

I've lost the thread of the discussion, is there a nutshell summary of what's a realistic Casement project now?
I think we have reduced the scope of the project from a state of the art 35k all-seater with bars, restaurants and conference rooms, to getting a Massey in with a mower, baler and weed wiper, a bit of joinery work and a few cans of paint. Let's play ball!
Casement has been selected as the location among all locations, what's the point now of complaining that it should or could be anywhere else but Casement? Is that option realistic?
Lots of people have no issue with the Casement redevelopment. What they do have an issue is how it was being implemented. It suits the narrative of many people to say the people of West Belfast don't want Casement.

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

trailer

Lets not lose sight of the fact that Clones and Monaghan has had USFC finals and other games for years and the place is terrible. Facilities are just awful. Monaghan has never invested and the town relies completely on alcohol on match days. As a family experience it is pretty terrible.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: illdecide on February 14, 2020, 08:54:45 PM
This proposal is more than just a GAA ground, it will have state of the art facilities. It will cater for the local community and will host many seminars and meetings which will generate income and give some jobs to a few locals and it will be something that we can show off to the rest of this twisted Country and have out Ulster final in it full to the rafters...

What a load of shite.

So it needs 35k seats (of which, less than 5k will be used on a regular basis) to be "state of the art"?

Or does it need 35k seats to cater for the local community? (who incidentally want it to be smaller)

Or does it need 35k seats for seminars? Hope the sound system is better than most grounds

Wise the f**king head. Its (yet) another white elephant.
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 15, 2020, 05:10:09 PM
About six times a year...

As many as 6?

I can count 3, maybe 4 at a push... then after that I'm at a loss.  [and that would require diverting all SF & Final games, regardless of who is in them, to a stadium of smaller capacity than Clones.]
i usse an speelchekor

imtommygunn

Well I would be hoping for antrim county finals and antrim home league matches in all codes but given antrim don't own the ground any more I don't know how that will work...

rosnarun

Quote from: trailer on February 18, 2020, 12:00:31 PM
Lets not lose sight of the fact that Clones and Monaghan has had USFC finals and other games for years and the place is terrible. Facilities are just awful. Monaghan has never invested and the town relies completely on alcohol on match days. As a family experience it is pretty terrible.

clones is a dump by modern standards . most current county grounds of that age were built only to filled on those red hot summer days when little facilities are needed other than a few ice creams and have a little stand for league matches etc. Im glad monaghan are not doubling down on whatis n a terrible spot for a stadium .
It has severed its time and probably should be replaced with  10/12 seater stadium for monaghan's own use and a state of the art stadium in Belfast could be a huge earner between matches and corporate events look at croke park   almost half its income come from non playing activites
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

five points

Quote from: rosnarun on February 18, 2020, 03:10:52 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 18, 2020, 12:00:31 PM

clones is a dump by modern standards . most current county grounds of that age were built only to filled on those red hot summer days when little facilities are needed other than a few ice creams and have a little stand for league matches etc. Im glad monaghan are not doubling down on whatis n a terrible spot for a stadium .
It has severed its time and probably should be replaced with  10/12 seater stadium for monaghan's own use and a state of the art stadium in Belfast could be a huge earner between matches and corporate events look at croke park   almost half its income come from non playing activites

Clones is a dump because it has got barely a lick of paint in over 25 years.

Monaghan don't own it and never owned it. I suspect if they did, it wouldn't be a dump.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trailer

Quote from: hardstation on February 18, 2020, 03:22:35 PM
Whether it's a dump/not a dump, it serves its purpose. It allows fans to watch their team on a handful of occasions each year. It's not required that often so I can understand why the GAA don't feel the need to pump money into it. For what it does, it doesn't need bells & whistles. Much the same as Casement but since the Brits are buying the bells and whistles, the GAA were happy to play ball.
A case of "what can we get" rather than "what do we need".

What utter shite. It's 2020. to be able to watch games in modern stadia that don't resemble something from Soviet Russia is an absolute minimum.
Casement is needed. It must be built. Whatever the cost and whatever the attendance levels. The GAA in Ulster deserve a decent stadium to future proof their games.

five points

Quote from: trailer on February 18, 2020, 03:44:59 PM
What utter shite. It's 2020. to be able to watch games in modern stadia that don't resemble something from Soviet Russia is an absolute minimum.
Casement is needed. It must be built. Whatever the cost and whatever the attendance levels. The GAA in Ulster deserve a decent stadium to future proof their games.

Casement now looks more like Chernobyl than anything else.

trailer

Quote from: hardstation on February 18, 2020, 03:57:28 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 18, 2020, 03:44:59 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 18, 2020, 03:22:35 PM
Whether it's a dump/not a dump, it serves its purpose. It allows fans to watch their team on a handful of occasions each year. It's not required that often so I can understand why the GAA don't feel the need to pump money into it. For what it does, it doesn't need bells & whistles. Much the same as Casement but since the Brits are buying the bells and whistles, the GAA were happy to play ball.
A case of "what can we get" rather than "what do we need".

Nonsense. Throwing money at fcuk all. There are many better ways of investing money in order to future proof our games.
"Whatever the cost..." f**king hell, it's attitudes like that that land organisations in the shit.

The GAA is in great health. If we only built Stadia because they were sold out every game we'd have pretty small Stadiums. The money is there, and GAA people in Ulster and especially Antrim deserve a modern fit for purpose stadium. There is no rational, logical or sensible argument against this project going ahead.
#buildcasement

five points

Quote from: trailer on February 18, 2020, 04:13:51 PM

The GAA is in great health. If we only built Stadia because they were sold out every game we'd have pretty small Stadiums. The money is there, and GAA people in Ulster and especially Antrim deserve a modern fit for purpose stadium. There is no rational, logical or sensible argument against this project going ahead.
#buildcasement

They said all that about Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

trailer

Quote from: five points on February 18, 2020, 04:15:24 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 18, 2020, 04:13:51 PM

#buildcasement

They said all that about Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

I'm not expecting the project to be deliver on budget, and you know what it probably doesn't matter. If it costs £200m it's still cheap for what it does for Belfast, Antrim, the North and Ulster. Certain projects need to have strict budgets , but not a badly needed sports stadium for the largest sporting organisation in NI.