Dermot Carlin

Started by DCR, October 28, 2009, 08:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCR

Have been to all Tyrone's NFL and Championship games this year (bar 1 x NFL).
Have seen all Div 1 and most Div 2 club teams in action. Have yet to see as good a defender / attacking defender as Killyclogher's Dermot Carlin. Yet he has spent most of Tyrone's season in the dugout.
Has he offended somebody?

Zapatista

This doesn't need a thread of it's own.

DCR

Quote from: Zapatista on October 28, 2009, 08:15:11 AM
This doesn't need a thread of it's own.
And if I had posted on "Tyrone Club Football and Hurling" you'd have said "nothing to do with Club football". What does it matter where I pose the question?
Unless you are the "Official Thread Policeman" - in which case I beg your forgiveness.

Get a life man and don't let everybody see your prejudices.

Zapatista

DCR

Tommo2

DCR - I think your correct on Carlin. Has great explosive pace going forward. Really came to the fore in the championsip giving Brian McGuigan a torrid time in the semi-final. I think he would be worth an extended run in the side during the league, but where do you play him? If he does'nt make the team this year, it will be hard to see him sit on the bench for another year.

Zapatista

No worries, Dermot Carlin Rules

BennyHarp

I still have nightmares of him spending all day trying to kick points from corner back a few years ago in Omagh in the NFL against Mayo while Conor Mortimor scored 3 goals off him!!
That was never a square ball!!

tyronefan

Also remember him playing a ulster final against Monaghan 2007 and had a great match, he came of the bench against Mayo the same year and played well. 

His best position imo is half back and this is the main problem because seemly no matter how bad Philly or Davey play they will not be dropped

umgolaarmagh

he probably could have been doing with Benny Harps right and left foot

DCR

Quote from: tyronefan on October 28, 2009, 10:32:05 AM
Also remember him playing a ulster final against Monaghan 2007 and had a great match, he came of the bench against Mayo the same year and played well. 

His best position imo is half back and this is the main problem because seemly no matter how bad Philly or Davey play they will not be dropped
I agree - and surely that is the problem. PJ had a poor year and I accept that he was carrying an injury. DH is good going forward but doesn't defend well. With Dermot you get the best of both.

mick the master

Sure Marty Swift can do the same as he showed well in the mc kenna cup and league last year,i think if harte gives him a good run at it these year hes a good call for coner back!!

DCR

tyssam5

Quote from: DCR on October 28, 2009, 08:02:11 AM
Have been to all Tyrone's NFL and Championship games this year (bar 1 x NFL).
Have seen all Div 1 and most Div 2 club teams in action. Have yet to see as good a defender / attacking defender as Killyclogher's Dermot Carlin. Yet he has spent most of Tyrone's season in the dugout.
Has he offended somebody?

Did you not get a good look at Sean O'Neill in the county final. Might have got a bit more time than Carlin this season, but if anyone is going to break into that half back line he would surely be first?

up tyrone

Quote from: tyronefan on October 28, 2009, 10:32:05 AM

More a less what your saying is that micky only picks a team on loyalty if dermy was in better form in training he`d be picked  ahead of either two if their form was poor,the reason dermy looks good is because is on the attack  so much, i`d doubt his defensive capabilities.Imo sean oneill would be streets ahead of him,i`ve noticed since th cork game davey and philly have come in for severe criticism within tyrone u`d nearly think their was nobody else from tyrone playing that day.Maybe in the case of Philly he was playing with an injury that was that severe it could keep him out of action for 6mths.