American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Minder on September 24, 2018, 05:42:05 PM
You would I think Trubisky has a lot more upside that Keenum, Goff shaping up to be very good & he seems to be in a good situation with the weapons and HC he has. I wouldn't be writing Trubisky off just yet.

Upside is what the Bears kept believing in with Cutler. I'd take the competent production of Keenum over what I've seen over the last year with Trubisky. Goff had turned the corner by this stage after a bad start himself.

Shoulda drafted Mahomes or Watson and saved their picks. A reach for a project is never a good idea, let alone #2 overall for what looks at best to be the third best QB in that draft.

magpie seanie

Bears almost won a Superbowl with Rex Grossman. Trubisky is already miles ahead of him. I don't think he's as bad as some people think. Last year he played in a team with terrible receivers and a stone age approach. A completely new system this season....he's learning and I expect it will eveloeve as the season progresses.

Carmen Stateside

Will "Fitzmagic" continue his rich vain of form tonight? Could be a shootout between himself and Ben, going on the last few weeks results.  Looking forward to it.

AZOffaly

Josh Rosen named casualty, I mean starter, in Arizona. God Speed young man.

Carmen Stateside

Steelers getting killed with the new roughing the passer rules. Think its to much myself.  When Fitzpatrick hangs in to the last seconds to throw how does a defender about to tackle at full speed do anything but land on him?

Syferus

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 25, 2018, 02:41:03 AM
Steelers getting killed with the new roughing the passer rules. Think its to much myself.  When Fitzpatrick hangs in to the last seconds to throw how does a defender about to tackle at full speed do anything but land on him?

Give me a safer sport rather than one that destroys payers' mindsnas well as their bodies. There's going to be teething problems along that road so strap in if this is getting on your nerves as the NFL is only gong to become more cautious.

Minder

Quote from: Syferus on September 25, 2018, 03:38:28 AM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 25, 2018, 02:41:03 AM

Give me a safer sport rather than one that destroys payers' mindsnas well as their bodies. There's going to be teething problems along that road so strap in if this is getting on your nerves as the NFL is only gong to become more cautious.

Safer for who? Tell that to William Hayes, the Dolphins DE who did his ACL trying to avoid putting his bodyweight on Carr after sacking him.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Crete Boom

Well being a Bears fan I was subconsciously waiting for Trubisky to be a bust even if it is too early to tell but with Bill Walsh Syferus or is it Bear Bryant Syferus writing him off I am all in on Mitchell now and expect barring injury at least 10 years of elite qb play!! Bear down , Superbowl baby!!!

Syferus

Quote from: Crete Boom on September 25, 2018, 01:52:16 PM
Well being a Bears fan I was subconsciously waiting for Trubisky to be a bust even if it is too early to tell but with Bill Walsh Syferus or is it Bear Bryant Syferus writing him off I am all in on Mitchell now and expect barring injury at least 10 years of elite qb play!! Bear down , Superbowl baby!!!

Are you that obsessed with someone else's opinion that this nonsense needed to be posted? That's pretty sad, tbh. I hope you can let go of that anger one day.

Capt Pat

Trubisky is off to a fast start today. He has 5 touchdown passes in the first half.

gallsman

Some great finishes in a few of the early games after all the blowouts.

Moronic stuff from Reich and the Colts to give the Texans the win.

magpie seanie

Nice work by Mitch Trubisky and da Bears today.

Capt Pat

What were the Raiders thinking trading Mack to the Bears? The Raiders are about to go 0-4 as a result.

Carmen Stateside

Raiders giving their best browns impression ever

passedit

Great final (not quite) day to baseball season. https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-playoff-picture-update/c-293413208

Much better than the bastardised rugby on now. BTW why can't they put a proper roof on their stadiums? Still drying out after watching the Eagles last week.
Don't Panic