Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

And the banks lent the money to Fianna Fáil's builder and developer friends.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Real Talk

Where has Sean Quinn and the "Quinn Group" gone to ??   

screenexile

bannside

I don't give Quinnbet any chance at all. They obviously think the gambling industry is a soft touch. Big guns will swallow them up until they give more and more away to obtain their market share....until it's not sustainable any longer.

Syferus

It takes a special kind of ego to still stick the Quinn name on your company after it's been ran into the mud many times over.

AQMP

Quote from: bannside on December 12, 2017, 10:04:30 PM
I don't give Quinnbet any chance at all. They obviously think the gambling industry is a soft touch. Big guns will swallow them up until they give more and more away to obtain their market share....until it's not sustainable any longer.

This about sums it up.  It's the insurance business model all over again.

mouview

Defeat in the Commons for May over Brexit bill. Some Tory's (sensibly) rebelled. Further obstruction and confusion to the situation.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Syferus on December 12, 2017, 10:09:40 PM
It takes a special kind of ego to still stick the Quinn name on your company after it's been ran into the mud many times over.

What did we want him to do? Retire and do F All? Fair play to him. The Irish Govt tried to make him a scapegoat for all that was wrong with the Celtic Tiger. Ask around Fermanagh/Cavan what they think of him.

thebigfella

Quote from: Therealdonald on December 13, 2017, 09:58:32 PM

What did we want him to do? Retire and do F All? Fair play to him. The Irish Govt tried to make him a scapegoat for all that was wrong with the Celtic Tiger. Ask around Fermanagh/Cavan what they think of him.

I love this shite .....  ::) 

I think he'll be well suited to the gambling industry with the rest of the cnuts in it.

Syferus

Firstly he shouldn't be trusted with any investor's money, and secondly he should keep his name as far away from the brand of any company he's running as it's as toxic as any asset in NAMA.

I don't give a fûck what any Cavan or Monaghan lads think about him - he's as much of a gangster as the likes of Fingers and FitzPatrick.

Rossfan

Did ye hear Fingers' defence?
It's like a bank robber  blaming the Guards for not stopping him in the first place😠
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

omaghjoe

Congrats Sean Quinn you've managed to hijack this thread...

No mention of yesterdays vote? Very significant IMO. Not for the bill itself but the fact that it now shows May she doesnt have a majority on Brexit

Shows the fine line she is threading, she saw off the Brexiteers and DUP last week and looking very powerful in the process, only to be blindsided by the Remainers this week

Syferus

Quote from: omaghjoe on December 14, 2017, 08:12:44 PM
Congrats Sean Quinn you've managed to hijack this thread...

No mention of yesterdays vote? Very significant IMO. Not for the bill itself but the fact that it now shows May she doesnt have a majority on Brexit

Shows the fine line she is threading, she saw off the Brexiteers and DUP last week and looking very powerful in the process, only to be blindsided by the Remainers this week

She looked scared of her own shadow.

None of this is surprising or even terribly note-worthy. The sooner this Tory government collapses the better.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Syferus on December 13, 2017, 11:31:10 PM

Firstly he shouldn't be trusted with any investor's money, and secondly he should keep his name as far away from the brand of any company he's running as it's as toxic as any asset in NAMA.

I don't give a fûck what any Cavan or Monaghan lads think about him - he's as much of a gangster as the likes of Fingers and FitzPatrick.

Yeah why wouldn't you trust him with money? Complete BS. The man built an empire from the ground up, got caught up with a gangster and got greedy as a result. Id imagine he has contributed far more to the local area than you did to yours syf? My only regret for him is that he didn't get more of his money hid away in the Ukraine or Bulgaria.

Syferus