Living in Dublin and want to hurl in 2013?

Started by themaninred+black, September 13, 2012, 08:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themaninred+black

Hi all,

Unfortunately Réalt Dearg were recently beaten in the county semi final of the Junior D championship halting our progress up the ranks. However we still remain in contention for the league final and with it promotion to AHL6 for next year.

Essentially Réalt Dearg is a club set up by players, for players. That sounds cliché but we really are run by the players. We currently field two adult Junior teams in League, Cup and Championship. A problem we face in the future is that as the players age and retire we may run out of players as our plans for underage teams are some way down the road yet. We're not here to poach anyones players, we offer a route into hurling for people who haven't hurled for a while due to work, travel etc or for people who can no longer afford to be going home to play while working in Dublin.

Our aim is to keep the club progressing up the divisions, right up to senior long term. To do this we will need an underage set up and this is something we are working on. However for now we to get more adult players involved. If you think you would enjoy junior hurling in Dublin or are just looking to try out hurling next Spring then please contact us and we'll stay in touch over the winter to let you know when we start back.

I appreciate this is very early to advertise for next season but even if you haven't hurled since U-16 you'd need a transfer form so we'd like to sort them out over the winter months so you're ready to go for the cup competitions in February. To contact us please email realtdearg.hurlingclub@gmail.com or visit www.realtdearg.ie and text/call one of the committee. Thanks for your support.

homeofhurling8

Fair play to ye, looks an excellent set up, unfortunately my sceilpin,pullin,draggin,duntin,diggin etc.. days are a distant(but vivid) memory but i will mention ye to a few lads, as i said, fair play to ye preaching the gospel in rugby country.