The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

The morning after the night before.

seafoid

Quote from: ballinaman on May 27, 2018, 07:09:24 AM
Quote from: seafoid on May 27, 2018, 06:54:15 AM
The champions league now is about who has the most money. Klopp is a great manager but he was not able to overcome that.
It also helps not being reliant on one player, and a manger who doesn't ignore glaring deficiencies in his squad for years.
Juve and Atletico also came up short. Neither are moneybags
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Jesus there are some hard ons for Ronaldo  ;D

Game is over, Liverpool met a decent side and were dicked! Someone actually did there homework on Salah, not the injury but up to that point he was well marshalled, the injury was a fluke.

The squad was eventually shown up to be bare! They need to buy minimum  6 players this summer, and Klopp needs to know how to win finals!

All teams are way behind City though so it could be a years before anyone touches them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Dubh driocht on May 27, 2018, 01:55:53 AM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 26, 2018, 11:35:56 PM
V quiet in here tonight.   Ukraine now central to a huge Merseyside dole fraud investigation apparently.... scousers moonlighting by claiming benefits in Liverpool while begging on the streets of Kiev to pay for the flight home.... ;D
St Galls, I enjoy the discussions we have on here and I give and take as much as anyone, but this must be the most stupid,pointless,, irrelevant and pathetic post in the history of this board. Do you want to stand over this or do you want to admit that you were tired/emotional/stupid when you posted?

Ach not my best joke I'll admit.  Here's a better one.

How do Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck tell the time?

On their Liverpool Kiev 2018 watches of course!! ;D ;D

Estimator

Quote from: seafoid on May 27, 2018, 08:29:06 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on May 27, 2018, 07:09:24 AM
Quote from: seafoid on May 27, 2018, 06:54:15 AM
The champions league now is about who has the most money. Klopp is a great manager but he was not able to overcome that.
It also helps not being reliant on one player, and a manger who doesn't ignore glaring deficiencies in his squad for years.
Juve and Atletico also came up short. Neither are moneybags

Despite having excellent financial backing, they don't seem to have a massive turn over of players in recent years. 
Madrid started the same team in consecutive Champions League finals.
They only had two changes from the 2016 final - Pepe and Bale started that game.  But the two that replaced them for the next two finals Isco and Varane were already at the club.
And of the team that started in 2014 final: Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Modric, Bale, Benzema and Ronaldo all started, with Isco and Marcelo coming off the bench

Compare that to the Liverpool team that reached the Europa league final in 2016 with the 2018 CL final:
Only Lovren, Milner and Firmino started both games
Can and Lallana started in 2016 and appeared as subs last night.
Henderson was on the bench in 2016 and Captained the team last night.

Having a shed load of money helps, but I'd say having a settled team for the big games matters more in games like this.  And where this is concerned, Liverpool are a work in progress.  Keita's arrival, along with maybe three/four others in central positions will certainly improve upon what they have.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 27, 2018, 08:55:57 AM

Game is over, Liverpool met a decent side and were dicked! Someone actually did there homework on Salah, not the injury but up to that point he was well marshalled, the injury was a fluke.

The squad was eventually shown up to be bare! They need to buy minimum  6 players this summer, and Klopp needs to know how to win finals!

All teams are way behind City though so it could be a years before anyone touches them

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 27, 2018, 09:16:40 AM
V quiet in here tonight.   Ukraine now central to a huge Merseyside dole fraud investigation apparently.... scousers moonlighting by claiming benefits in Liverpool while begging on the streets of Kiev to pay for the flight home.... ;D
St Galls, I enjoy the discussions we have on here and I give and take as much as anyone, but this must be the most stupid,pointless,, irrelevant and pathetic post in the history of this board. Do you want to stand over this or do you want to admit that you were tired/emotional/stupid when you posted?

Did you make that up Geeky? tell the truth?

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on May 27, 2018, 09:57:13 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 27, 2018, 08:55:57 AM

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 27, 2018, 09:16:40 AM

Did you make that up Geeky? tell the truth?

Soooo... How did it feel to waken up this morning knowing that the rest of the footballing world is laughing at you?  ;D

Carmen Stateside

Surely thats a daily occurrence for you Geeky  ;D

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on May 27, 2018, 10:11:23 AM
Surely thats a daily occurrence for you Geeky  ;D

Browsing social media today is like Christmas come early for United and Everton fans.  LFC forums littered with death threats for Karius, Bale and Ramos from your supporters which is definitely not on,  but some of the  headlines are to treasure -  "Chicken Kiev",  "Klopp's Liver Failure" and "Karius the Klown" among the pick of them.     ;D ;D

laoislad

Salah apparently should be ok for the World Cup.
Hopefully he will be.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: laoislad on May 27, 2018, 10:58:52 AM
Hopefully he will be.

+1

Armamike

Would rather have got hammered than lose like that.  Were doing great up until the Salah injury, albeit without getting a goal.  The game changed after that.  Maybe Real would have found their feet and grown more in the game anyway, who knows.  Madrid mix the sublime with the dark arts well. 

The way Ramos dealt with Salah reminded me of Meath on Canavan in the 96 AI semi.  Ramos was going to do Salah one way or the other it seems.  Pulling an opponent down like that and landing with your full weight on him is reckless and inviting serious injury, and i suspect he knew exactly what he was at.  Much more 'incidental' rather a high tackle.  This is Ramos ffs, the same guy we've seen at shite for years in big matches but more often than not it pays off for him.  There's also the small matter of him sticking the elbow in Karius's head just 2 minutes before the first goal, which was missed by the officials too. Liverpool players didn't have the nous to at least crowd the ref and put pressure on him to watch out for Ramos.  In the days of Souness a Ramos wouldn't have lasted the match after that.  Liverpool don't have that winning mentality in the current set up to deal with these things.

Mixed feelings on Karius. Wouldn't wish that on anyone and it's a burden he will have to carry a long time.  I hope he can deal with it.  But he shouldn't have been in the spotlight in a massive game like that. Klopp should have had the goalkeeping situation sorted by now.  Ultimately he has done Karius no favours.

That's just, like your opinion man.

quit yo jibbajabba

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on May 27, 2018, 10:58:52 AM
Hopefully he will be.
AC joint , he'll be sound.

J70

No problems personally with the idea of losing to Real, but the manner of the defeat will take a while for them to get over. Wouldn't wish what happened to Karius on any person on any team. Maybe Ramos's thuggery right before the first had something to do with it, maybe it was nerves. Hopefully for the lad he can recover from it - I can only imagine what he is going through after making those mistakes in that stage, no doubt with all his family there to watch with pride as he played on the biggest stage in club football.

Chickens came home to roost with the squad, which has been threatening for a while. Once Salah went off, the game changed completely, with no replacement even close to his level available. Hopefully the owners will keep building out the squad to give them a decent chance of making it back to the latter stages on a regular basis and even putting in a serious challenge to City. I don't give a f**k what the village idiots of the gaa board say, sympathy for Karius on a personal level aside, I think this has been an excellent season for Liverpool, with Klopp building an exciting team while making serious progress on the challenging front. Liverpool are in a good spot for the future.