Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markl121

Aaron Boone

The likes of Kieran McKenna and Ipswich had better be careful what they wish for.

Joining the Premier League is a massive step up.

square_ball

Quote from: Aaron Boone on March 04, 2024, 09:07:37 PMThe likes of Kieran McKenna and Ipswich had better be careful what they wish for.

Can't be fun for Sheff Utd fans watching that week in week out. Despite what Sky say being in the Premier League isn't the be all and end all.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: square_ball on March 04, 2024, 09:51:36 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on March 04, 2024, 09:07:37 PMThe likes of Kieran McKenna and Ipswich had better be careful what they wish for.

Can't be fun for Sheff Utd fans watching that week in week out. Despite what Sky say being in the Premier League isn't the be all and end all.

Should teams that win promotion not go up?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

square_ball

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 04, 2024, 09:57:32 PM

Where did I say that?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: square_ball on March 04, 2024, 10:29:04 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 04, 2024, 09:57:32 PM

Where did I say that?

You said it's not the be and end all

Sheff Utd fans are living the dream

For a club like them to be hosting teams like City Arsenal Liverpool it's why they wanted promotion

Stuffings will come for sure but not that long ago they were fight for relegation in the championship
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

square_ball

Living the dream 4-0 down after 25 minutes - really? Yeah I think you're right that's an evening they'll tell the grandkids they were there. And probably tell them about the last home game - a 5-0 defeat by Brighton. Or maybe the home game before that - a 5-0 defeat by Villa.

As you say living the dream. . .

Milltown Row2

Quote from: square_ball on March 04, 2024, 10:39:22 PMLiving the dream 4-0 down after 25 minutes - really? Yeah I think you're right that's an evening they'll tell the grandkids they were there. And probably tell them about the last home game - a 5-0 defeat by Brighton. Or maybe the home game before that - a 5-0 defeat by Villa.

Playing in the premiership is everything

They'll go down but will get the parachute money and keep their players and build..

Same points as Burnley, I suppose they are not enjoying life in in the premiership too this year

Armagh18

Quote from: square_ball on March 04, 2024, 10:39:22 PMLiving the dream 4-0 down after 25 minutes - really? Yeah I think you're right that's an evening they'll tell the grandkids they were there. And probably tell them about the last home game - a 5-0 defeat by Brighton. Or maybe the home game before that - a 5-0 defeat by Villa.

Weird take on it. Whats the point in trying to get promoted at all then?

square_ball

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 04, 2024, 11:34:26 PM

Weird take on it. Whats the point in trying to get promoted at all then?

I'm not saying there's no point I'm just saying being in the Premier League isn' t the be all and end all that Sky like to protray for football fans. Its not that controversial a take to be honest.

Similar sentiment shared here.

https://x.com/footballramble/status/1759922096954605954?s=46

imtommygunn

For those players though - most of whom will have no kind of hometown relationship with their club - it'll fairly elevate their wages for whatever period of time they're in it and if they negotiate their contracts right (e.g. no pay decrease on relegation) it's very lucrative for them.

For the fans I would say it'd be great for a while but then you'd soon get sick of getting tanked regularly.

Burnley and Sheffield United the two worst in it in a while. Kompany looked this great up and coming manager with how they did in the championship but he has really blotted his copy book now.

quit yo jibbajabba

Collymore was on saying the mistake these two are making is trying to play football similar to Pep etc and simply don't have the players, be better off becoming a dogged hard to beat team, few dogs of war in the middle, pace up front etc. Don't follow the two closely but found it interesting. They deffo haven't been good.

Armagh18

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 05, 2024, 11:13:31 AMCollymore was on saying the mistake these two are making is trying to play football similar to Pep etc and simply don't have the players, be better off becoming a dogged hard to beat team, few dogs of war in the middle, pace up front etc. Don't follow the two closely but found it interesting. They deffo haven't been good.
Yeah think thats the only hope, get a year or 2 under the belt and maybe try to bit by bit improve the style of play but results are always priority.

trailer

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 05, 2024, 10:05:57 AMFor those players though - most of whom will have no kind of hometown relationship with their club - it'll fairly elevate their wages for whatever period of time they're in it and if they negotiate their contracts right (e.g. no pay decrease on relegation) it's very lucrative for them.

For the fans I would say it'd be great for a while but then you'd soon get sick of getting tanked regularly.

Burnley and Sheffield United the two worst in it in a while. Kompany looked this great up and coming manager with how they did in the championship but he has really blotted his copy book now.

They are an absolute disgrace and I am beyond belief how some of these players made it as pro.

Look at the first few goals last night. Ball watching, not tracking runs, hands by side shrugging shoulders. f**king U12 stuff. Pathetic. SU fans have every right to be pissed. Running, tracking runs, getting close to people takes zero talent, it is just hard work. Their Keeper also had a shocker. Whole team has given up.

imtommygunn

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 05, 2024, 11:13:31 AMCollymore was on saying the mistake these two are making is trying to play football similar to Pep etc and simply don't have the players, be better off becoming a dogged hard to beat team, few dogs of war in the middle, pace up front etc. Don't follow the two closely but found it interesting. They deffo haven't been good.

I thought the sheffield united boy would have changed that though. Kompany almost seems a bit deluded trying to play that football and stay safe.