The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 13, 2019, 01:37:42 AM
United play Tottenham at Wembley on sunday. I know we should be cheering for Utd if we want to win the league but I can't. The draw might be the best result as they both lose ground.
Look at it this way, it's not about wanting that shower to win, it's about wanting Spurs to drop points,  which I see they did.
Excellent news. Hopefully another of the teams outside the top 4 can cause a shock tomorrow night and take points off City.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

stiffler

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2019, 11:44:22 AM
United play Tottenham at Wembley on sunday. I know we should be cheering for Utd if we want to win the league but I can't. The draw might be the best result as they both lose ground.

Even money Spurs, you won't get a better bet this year.. Spurs will implode so I wouldn't worry about them.. sort of two horse race

Poor call
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stiffler on January 13, 2019, 06:30:37 PM

Even money Spurs, you won't get a better bet this year.. Spurs will implode so I wouldn't worry about them.. sort of two horse race

Poor call

Yes, bar Degea it would have been 4-1
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stiffler

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2019, 06:34:05 PM
Quote from: stiffler on January 13, 2019, 06:30:37 PM

Poor call

Yes, bar Degea it would have been 4-1

Bar Rashford it would have been 0-0
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Boycey

Serious question..

Has Milltown ever done a bet that came up?

laoislad

I see Ryan Babel has joined Fulham! Couldn't believe it when I read he is only 32!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on January 13, 2019, 06:54:22 PM
Serious question..

Plenty! And plenty lost too! You couldn't have seen that result going into today's game ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kidder81

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2019, 07:19:24 PM
Serious question..

Plenty! And plenty lost too! You couldn't have seen that result going into today's game ?

Yeah United a massive 2/1 or 9/4, huge outsiders

Milltown Row2

5/2 away to Spurs who in fairness were goal difference, league points and player personal better off, and have been playing better than Utd..

even the most optimistic Utd supporters were accepting a draw as a good result.

The board must be wondering, WTF! Utd rode their luck for some of that and the keeper did his job, Spurs keeper was on point also

Boycey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2019, 07:19:24 PM
Serious question..

Strictly for betting purposes, a team rejuvenated under a new manager winning 5 on the bounce away to a team who had a tough cup game the other night (which they were lucky to win) and had lost their last home game to Wolves I'd of given United a squeak but I didn't think 9/4 attractive enough.

I prefer to trade nowadays, I'd have laid the draw to bet on it when the 1st goal goes in but because the underdogs got it I'd have made no money

seafoid

Psy ops and the beal bocht from Guardiola

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/pep-guardiola-tells-players-to-forget-about-liverpool-1.3758564

Jürgen Klopp's side have 57 after 22 games and City claimed last season's title with 100 points. After two goals from Gabriel Jesus and a late Conor Coady own goal Guardiola was asked what tally might be required to be champions again.
He said: "I don't have a magician's ball to discover how many. I said to them [PLAYERS]don't look at the schedule, don't look at the calendar for the Liverpool games. Forget about it, [OTHERWISE]normally when this happens in my experience you then lose your own games. And then it's over. All we can do is win our games and be there and maybe one day they [LIVERPOOL]fail; but if we don't win, they will be champions.
"The best way is to look at the next game – [AT]Huddersfield [ON SUNDAY], who have a new manager. If Liverpool win the title, then I am sure I will congratulate Jürgen because it will be well deserved."

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hound

Trent out for 4 weeks and Wijnaldum very doubtful for Palace.

Going to stretch the squad! At least Matip is back, although it usually takes him a few games to get up to speed.
So either Milner or Fabinho to right back v Palace, with the other in midfield.
Zaha will be up against whichever one is RB   ???

Poor decision to let Clyne go!

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hound on January 15, 2019, 12:59:24 PM

Going to stretch the squad! At least Matip is back, although it usually takes him a few games to get up to speed.

I presume you can recall Clyne if you need to? But it will be Milner at Right Back I'd say. That's grand.

laoislad

Quote from: Hound on January 15, 2019, 12:59:24 PM

Sky Sports saying TAA only out for 2 weeks.
Gomez fit again also.

Aaron Boone

Another niggly squad injury though. Not what's needed for title-chasers.