The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Look-Up!

I suppose contact is contact now. It makes no difference whether it was an innocuous tug on the arm or a defender catching a "trailing leg". It's buying a free. If a defender gives the forward a chance to look for contact then the referee has a choice to make. Unfortunately part and parcel of the game. Not my idea of fair play but you cannot ban a player for it under the current definition of cheating.

Over the Bar

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 27, 2018, 10:27:37 AM
It's the hope that kills me .... would it be better to have Over the Bar sneering at is now or in May?  I want to believe but....

You're gonna win the league. I lumped £300 on you yesterday at 4/5 after a nice boxing day treble came in.   ;D.  City imploding atm so as good as in the bag.  May as well hand the trophy over now!

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

GJL

Spurs are 6 points behind. City 7. 57 points to play for. Nothing is near over yet.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Over the Bar on December 27, 2018, 04:25:09 PM
It's the hope that kills me .... would it be better to have Over the Bar sneering at is now or in May?  I want to believe but....

You're gonna win the league. I lumped £300 on you yesterday at 4/5 after a nice boxing day treble came in.   ;D.  City imploding atm so as good as in the bag.  May as well hand the trophy over now!

FFS a complete scud  ;D

sid waddell

Quote from: seafoid on December 27, 2018, 07:41:57 AM
If Man City are focusing on the CL Liverpool might have a realistic chance of winning the League. Liverpool need to win the League . Man City need to win the CL
You'd be surprised at the attitude among a lot of Manchester City supporters towards the Champions League. They almost have a disdainful attitude towards it, like they don't care. That's ultimately what they are, though - a small time club with small time support.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: J70 on December 27, 2018, 03:00:08 PM
Or, as mentioned earlier, they'll also be aware of the times that he has stayed on his feet when other players go down after a clear foul. His second goal against Bournemouth the other week when Cook took a swing (and connected with) his ankle as he was running into the box.

He went down way too easily yesterday, but he was also clearly pulled back by the arm. Where is the line? Can the ref give a free/penalty AND discipline the fouled player for exaggerating the impact of the foul? Being fouled and exaggerating the effects of the foul are not mutually exclusive. Does one override the other (it may do - I'm not alway up to date on current interpretations or rule changes).
what other players in the league were banned for 'simulation' earlier in the league?
obviously, the same rules don't apply to every club

imtommygunn

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 27, 2018, 05:10:30 PM

What that post means is that he is now scared you will win the league and if you win he is now covered as he will claim to be "happy" because he has also won money when he is clearly extremely pissed...

FFS a complete scud  ;D

Boycey

Quote from: sid waddell on December 27, 2018, 05:57:47 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 27, 2018, 07:41:57 AM
If Man City are focusing on the CL Liverpool might have a realistic chance of winning the League. Liverpool need to win the League . Man City need to win the CL
You'd be surprised at the attitude among a lot of Manchester City supporters towards the Champions League. They almost have a disdainful attitude towards it, like they don't care. That's ultimately what they are, though - a small time club with small time support.

They religiously boo the Champions League anthem in protest at UEFAs 'rough' treatment of them 😀

J70

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 27, 2018, 06:05:32 PM
Or, as mentioned earlier, they'll also be aware of the times that he has stayed on his feet when other players go down after a clear foul. His second goal against Bournemouth the other week when Cook took a swing (and connected with) his ankle as he was running into the box.

He went down way too easily yesterday, but he was also clearly pulled back by the arm. Where is the line? Can the ref give a free/penalty AND discipline the fouled player for exaggerating the impact of the foul? Being fouled and exaggerating the effects of the foul are not mutually exclusive. Does one override the other (it may do - I'm not alway up to date on current interpretations or rule changes).
what other players in the league were banned for 'simulation' earlier in the league?

I don't know which other players were banned for simulation. I'm aware some picked up yellow cards. I'm aware Niasse got a retro ban last year.

But go ahead and tell us.

And tell which clubs were "victimized".

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 27, 2018, 06:15:38 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 27, 2018, 05:10:30 PM

FFS a complete scud  ;D
What that post means is that he is now scared you will win the league and if you win he is now covered as he will claim to be "happy" because he has also won money when he is clearly extremely pissed...
Spot on  ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Quote from: GJL on December 27, 2018, 05:06:12 PM
Spurs are 6 points behind. City 7. 57 points to play for. Nothing is near over yet.
No shit Sherlock  ::)

J70

Quote from: laoislad on December 27, 2018, 06:40:51 PM
Quote from: GJL on December 27, 2018, 05:06:12 PM
No shit Sherlock  ::)

Apparently (going by some here) all Liverpool fans are already celebrating the end of the league title drought. Open top bus is already being painted. Liverpool city centre already making plans for the homecoming.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: J70 on December 27, 2018, 06:28:53 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 27, 2018, 06:05:32 PM

I don't know which other players were banned for simulation. I'm aware some picked up yellow cards. I'm aware Niasse got a retro ban last year.

But go ahead and tell us.

And tell which clubs were "victimized".
only one club are ever the'victims'

laoislad

Manfromdelmonte and Over the Bar both need serious help.
The anger issues they have towards Liverpool FC is unhealthy.