are tyrone the worst thing to have ever hit the gaa?

Started by smcafee, August 04, 2008, 08:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

I actually like to see us getting abuse because it means we're winning. Things had went a bit quiet this past couple of years with only limited abuse directed at Tyrone but it does seem to be coming back. I just hope it increases and continues for another couple of months.

his holiness nb

Quote from: smcafee on August 04, 2008, 09:24:49 AM
also the supporters are the biggest muck savages i have ever seen.i hope some of them go to hill 16 for the dublin game and see what will happen to them.

Well he aint a Dub anyway.
On the contrary, I'd urge as many Tyrone fans as possible to get hill tickets, the banter is great when theres a decent contingent of away fans. Armagh 2002 and Kerry last year being prime examples.
But dont be hoping to score some cocaine while there, its not as readily available as some might suggest  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

maggie

Wat a pile of tripe.
Mickey Harte is the LEAST arrogant man you could ever meet, and he actually guided Tyrone to Two All-Ireland Senior championships as well as winning AI at Minor and Under 21 levels. After the match on Sat he acknowledged (a) that Tyrone weren't great  (b) they scrapped through and have a lot of improvements to make before the next game.
They aint called the dirty dubs for nothing................

corn02

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 04, 2008, 07:08:13 PM
Quote from: smcafee on August 04, 2008, 09:24:49 AM
also the supporters are the biggest muck savages i have ever seen.i hope some of them go to hill 16 for the dublin game and see what will happen to them.

Well he aint a Dub anyway.
On the contrary, I'd urge as many Tyrone fans as possible to get hill tickets, the banter is great when theres a decent contingent of away fans. Armagh 2002 and Kerry last year being prime examples.
But dont be hoping to score some cocaine while there, its not as readily available as some might suggest  ;)

Bounce for that, 02 was mighty craic on the hill in the semi.

goh4205

Quote from: smcafee on August 04, 2008, 08:16:06 AM
over the years watching gaa i have seen some teams that play dirty,get involved in gamesmanship,always complain and win at all costs.i thought that the current dublin team are bad and they do get a lot of stick but i dont think they even come close to this tyrone team of the past few years.lets look at them.

they are known all over ireland for their diving and overacting to win free kicks and get players booked and sent off.the so called great peter canavan always dived easy to win frees and penalties and tried to get two kerry defenders sent off in 2003 before he went off himself after hurting himself diving. brian mc guigan got dan gordon from down sent off in the ulster final in the same year and did a great dive in the all ireland final to earn an easy free.sean cavanagh likes flopping about the field and got a derry man sent off that year too.if he had took that afl contract with brisbane he wouldnt last five minutes.philip jordan got away with the best dive of all time against marsden and also dives about.brian dooher is a disgrace of a captain who recently got two westmeath players sent off.well done brian.

ricey mc menamin and conor gormley are two of the most skilless players to ever win an all ireland medal.gormley pulled off a fluke block in 2003 that hides how he tries to just bully and foul the players he marks.how he didnt get sent off against mayo on saturday i do not know.ricey is someone who even a dublin player would not do the things he does.if it isnt trying to break a players neck by sticking his knee in or biting the hands of a kerry forward hes always telling players on the other team how great there mums are in bed or racing up the field to injured players and roaring in their face cheered on by thousands of muck savages in red and white in omagh.pascal mc connell is another idiot who almost caused a riot on hill 16 in 2005 and poked the eyes out of gooch cooper in the all ireland final that year.

then you have mickey harte,the most arrogant man to ever take a team to all ireland glory who feels he can tell the rest of ireland how to win all irelands just because at the time he won one.like wenger he sees nothing wrong with what any of his players do on the field no matter how bad it is and tells the tyrone county board not to suspend dooher after he picked up a red card in a club game this year.he brought in the blanket defence which has killed football as a spectator sport.he encourages his players to surround the referee if he blows up anything against tyrone as well as getting them to waste time in holding the ball.in fact i believe too many referees are scared and intimidated of the tyrone players and their fans who think they invented football in 2003.

i have no love for dublin.i think that they are full of themselves and will shit it on the big stage.the quarter final on 16 aug looks to be the worst game of all time but by god if they kick the shit out of tyrone all over croke park they will be doing the gaa and football a big favour.

finally does anyone know if the tyrone team are staying in several caravans off the m50 before the game?

Your views are probably what alot of others are thinking, however they do have a few decent lads on their.  a good friend of mine asked a tryone panelists what sort of a clown that Ricey was & his reply was "every county has one"  meaning he's a complete w**ker on and off the pitch.  As for Gormley I think he is a brilliant player that doesn't need to do the things he does.  He should have walked against Mayo for persistant fouling & then belting Mortimer in the back of the net.  Cowardly way to do it, but thats just the it is.
I was at the Dromore/Crossmaglen match last year in the Ulster club match and Ricey was giving McConville shit, I guess about the book, and when John McEntee got his chance he gave him a belt and he never opened his mouth the rest of the game.  So point been they will bully you if they think they'll get away with it. 

supersarsfields

Quote from: goh4205 on August 05, 2008, 10:22:26 AM
over the years watching gaa i have seen some teams that play dirty,get involved in gamesmanship,always complain and win at all costs.i thought that the current dublin team are bad and they do get a lot of stick but i dont think they even come close to this tyrone team of the past few years.lets look at them.

they are known all over ireland for their diving and overacting to win free kicks and get players booked and sent off.the so called great peter canavan always dived easy to win frees and penalties and tried to get two kerry defenders sent off in 2003 before he went off himself after hurting himself diving. brian mc guigan got dan gordon from down sent off in the ulster final in the same year and did a great dive in the all ireland final to earn an easy free.sean cavanagh likes flopping about the field and got a derry man sent off that year too.if he had took that afl contract with brisbane he wouldnt last five minutes.philip jordan got away with the best dive of all time against marsden and also dives about.brian dooher is a disgrace of a captain who recently got two westmeath players sent off.well done brian.

ricey mc menamin and conor gormley are two of the most skilless players to ever win an all ireland medal.gormley pulled off a fluke block in 2003 that hides how he tries to just bully and foul the players he marks.how he didnt get sent off against mayo on saturday i do not know.ricey is someone who even a dublin player would not do the things he does.if it isnt trying to break a players neck by sticking his knee in or biting the hands of a kerry forward hes always telling players on the other team how great there mums are in bed or racing up the field to injured players and roaring in their face cheered on by thousands of muck savages in red and white in omagh.pascal mc connell is another idiot who almost caused a riot on hill 16 in 2005 and poked the eyes out of gooch cooper in the all ireland final that year.

then you have mickey harte,the most arrogant man to ever take a team to all ireland glory who feels he can tell the rest of ireland how to win all irelands just because at the time he won one.like wenger he sees nothing wrong with what any of his players do on the field no matter how bad it is and tells the tyrone county board not to suspend dooher after he picked up a red card in a club game this year.he brought in the blanket defence which has killed football as a spectator sport.he encourages his players to surround the referee if he blows up anything against tyrone as well as getting them to waste time in holding the ball.in fact i believe too many referees are scared and intimidated of the tyrone players and their fans who think they invented football in 2003.

i have no love for dublin.i think that they are full of themselves and will shit it on the big stage.the quarter final on 16 aug looks to be the worst game of all time but by god if they kick the shit out of tyrone all over croke park they will be doing the gaa and football a big favour.

finally does anyone know if the tyrone team are staying in several caravans off the m50 before the game?

Your views are probably what alot of others are thinking, however they do have a few decent lads on their.  a good friend of mine asked a tryone panelists what sort of a clown that Ricey was & his reply was "every county has one"  meaning he's a complete w**ker on and off the pitch.  As for Gormley I think he is a brilliant player that doesn't need to do the things he does.  He should have walked against Mayo for persistant fouling & then belting Mortimer in the back of the net.  Cowardly way to do it, but thats just the it is.
I was at the Dromore/Crossmaglen match last year in the Ulster club match and Ricey was giving McConville shit, I guess about the book, and when John McEntee got his chance he gave him a belt and he never opened his mouth the rest of the game.  So point been they will bully you if they think they'll get away with it. 

I think Ricey will be the first to hold his hand up to what he does on the football pitch. And it's true most counties do have someone like that. However, of the pitch the few times I've met him, he has been a very down to earth and geniune fella. So you can say whatever you like about him and his expolits on the pitch which is fair enough as it's there for all to see. But to start calling him a complete w**ker off the pitch is a bit rough especially as you don't seem to know him and are relying on a comment made by someone else. And a comment I would suggest is more aimed at his on field activities and not of the pitch as you state. 

shamateur gaels

You can add to this ball grabbing by Mc Menamin and Mc Guigan.

ExiledGael

Oh Christ don't dig all this crap up again.
This doesn't constitute discussion.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Ah feck, the battered partners are out in droves tonight all right!  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

moysider

Quote from: Ball Hopper on August 04, 2008, 08:59:02 AM
Clearly not a Tyrone fan.  Maybe a frustrated Mayoman?
All articles need to be reviewed from where the source is from...helps validate the opinion if nothing else.

Must be from the North on further reflection...Bank Holiday in Mex-i-land.

Derryman...yeah..that's it.

Cop yourself on ffs. Sure we re frustrated but we ve no gripe with Tyrone or anybody else. The causes of our frustration are very much our own doing. Please edit that bit. Where are you from then? I m from Mayo.
And if Mcawhatever is from anywhere near me I apologise unreservedly.

thejuice

I just want to add that it was Tyrones fault for our indiscipline in the '96 semi-final. They also caused the fight in the final replay.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: thejuice on April 03, 2009, 02:24:59 PM
I just want to add that it was Tyrones fault for our indiscipline in the '96 semi-final. They also caused the fight in the final replay.

You cant really blame the Meath Bogmen for well acting like Bogmen, so you have a point there Juice  ;D

new devil

Jealousy gets you no where lad!!!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: new devil on April 04, 2009, 02:16:47 AM

Jealousy gets you no where lad!!!!
He won't see it as he hasn't been posting in months. In fairness though everything he said is spot on.