Missing dogs

Started by tyrone girl, November 14, 2010, 02:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

Anyone know do wardens pick up dogs about the place if they think they have no home or what? Would they just take a dog if they saw it along the road? And if a dog was knocked down who would lift the body? Would the council do this or would they know if dogs been knocked down?
Our dogs gone since tuesday. Devastated

oakleafgael

If a dog is wandering along the road the council dog warden will lift it and it will end up at the council pound. Depending on the council area the dog will be kept for a period of time, this varies between 2 and 7 days before being pts if it is unclaimed. You need to ring the council dog warden straight away. Are you Dungannon or Armagh council area?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: tyrone girl on November 14, 2010, 02:07:13 PM
Anyone know do wardens pick up dogs about the place if they think they have no home or what? Would they just take a dog if they saw it along the road? And if a dog was knocked down who would lift the body? Would the council do this or would they know if dogs been knocked down?
Our dogs gone since tuesday. Devastated
yeah they'll lift dogs wandering about, we'd one go missing one time and she was found in the dog shelter - give them a ring.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

tyrone girl

Would be Dungannon Council area. Would it just be Dungannon Council we would ring? Im just scared hes been knocked down and killed or someone has taken him

tyrone girl

Thanks for that valuable contribution Hardstation. Hilarious as always

pintsofguinness

Quote from: tyrone girl on November 14, 2010, 02:18:05 PM
Would be Dungannon Council area. Would it just be Dungannon Council we would ring? Im just scared hes been knocked down and killed or someone has taken him

http://www.dungannon.gov.uk/index.cfm/area/page/pagekey/554

I'd start there.

Do you know where the local shelter is - I've a feeling the RSPCA and not the council runs ours so maybe try with them as well.

tyrone girl

Ta very much Pints much appreciated. We didnt ring anyone cos he went off for couple days before a few years back and he came back so we were convinced he would come back this time. Our ones have driven the roads looking him this past couple of days, just fear hes been taken or killed. Have him a long time.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: tyrone girl on November 14, 2010, 02:26:25 PM
Ta very much Pints much appreciated. We didnt ring anyone cos he went off for couple days before a few years back and he came back so we were convinced he would come back this time. Our ones have driven the roads looking him this past couple of days, just fear hes been taken or killed. Have him a long time.
Probably in some punter's Chinese last night.

spanner

Have you checked the local "halting site"?

gerry

Keep the chin up tg. My sisters dog and my brother in laws pup have both went missing in the last fortnight and both came back.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Carmen Stateside

Your not in NY? Walking my own dog this morning in the park and seen the remains of a dog dumped in one of the bins. How anyone could do this is beyond me!

fitzroyalty

Quote from: spanner on November 14, 2010, 03:22:17 PM
Why Spanner, did you take him?

TG my ex's dog went missing and in the end they reckon he was stolen. Doesn't bear thinking about but it does happen, what breed was yours? My own dog went awol on Thursday and although only for a few hours it had me panicking.  hope yours shows up.

Puckoon

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on November 14, 2010, 04:53:23 PM
Your not in NY? Walking my own dog this morning in the park and seen the remains of a dog dumped in one of the bins. How anyone could do this is beyond me!

Some cruel c***ts about. Some hewer killed, skinned, and hung a dog from a street light just outside Reno at a high school football ground last week - just in time for parents turning up the following morning with their kids to a soccer game. Sick fucks.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Puckoon on November 14, 2010, 05:37:06 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on November 14, 2010, 04:53:23 PM

Some cruel c***ts about. Some hewer killed, skinned, and hung a dog from a street light just outside Reno at a high school football ground last week - just in time for parents turning up the following morning with their kids to a soccer game. Sick f**ks.
It'll be a human in a few years  :-\

tyrone girl

Quote from: fitzroyalty on November 14, 2010, 05:24:53 PM
Quote from: spanner on November 14, 2010, 03:22:17 PM
Why Spanner, did you take him?

TG my ex's dog went missing and in the end they reckon he was stolen. Doesn't bear thinking about but it does happen, what breed was yours? My own dog went awol on Thursday and although only for a few hours it had me panicking.  hope yours shows up.

Thanks - im devastated. Loved that dog like he was one of the family. We think hes been stolen also, well we can only presume. Either stolen or knocked down, theres nowhere else he could be. What breed was hers that was stolen? This was full bred labrador.