Missing dogs

Started by tyrone girl, November 14, 2010, 02:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

Quote from: gerry on November 14, 2010, 03:45:11 PM
Keep the chin up tg. My sisters dog and my brother in laws pup have both went missing in the last fortnight and both came back.

Thanks Gerry how long were they missing for

gerry

Over a week, hopefully your dog be the same
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

tyrone girl

Have they any idea where they were for the week they were missing? Im trying to hold out the hope that maybe someone has taken him in and feeding him and whatever and thats why he hasnt left and that he will come home again. Think the chances of that are minute but im crying like a bloody baby all weekend so its only thing takes me round , the hope that he will come back  :(

spanner

TG,

Have you thought about asking your local radio to mention it on air?

Ball Hopper

Collar on the dog with contact number?  Bit of a lesson there if not.

Also...anyone have a link to the Lost cat email chain where a lass was looking for assistance from the graphics dept...maybe a poster will help?

WeeDonns

TG you could post here, mighten be much use but you never know
http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/

QuoteAlso...anyone have a link to the Lost cat email chain where a lass was looking for assistance from the graphics dept...maybe a poster will help?
http://www.27bslash6.com/missy.html

gerry

The dog was locked into a neighbours shed by mistake for over a week until the farmer came back to open it. The other dog was a 5 month old puppy and came back in 5 days. They have no idea where the puppy was for that time.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Hardy

Is he an "entire" dog? If he is, the likelihood is 90% that he's preoccupied with some bitch somewhere within a five mile radius and he'll be home in his own good time. Either way, a small ad in the local paper and on the local radio is your best way to go. Our lad went missing one time (from a boarding kennel!). It took us two weeks of searching, notices in shops, etc. to think of putting an ad in the paper. Got a call within a few hours of the paper coming out and got him back.

vav

Hope he returns home safe soon TG :) .. good call posting on here for help.. whoever told ya to do that must be a genius ;)

tyrone girl

Quote from: Hardy on November 14, 2010, 07:45:42 PM
Is he an "entire" dog? If he is, the likelihood is 90% that he's preoccupied with some bitch somewhere within a five mile radius and he'll be home in his own good time. Either way, a small ad in the local paper and on the local radio is your best way to go. Our lad went missing one time (from a boarding kennel!). It took us two weeks of searching, notices in shops, etc. to think of putting an ad in the paper. Got a call within a few hours of the paper coming out and got him back.

Yep hes an entire dog alright! Hope thats the case that hes preoccupied with a bitch somewhere. If that was the case though how long would they usually stay away. Dunno where else we could search at all. Phoned the pound and wardens and no sign of him.
Gonna put an ad in courier and democrat and observor this week and hope that someone has seen him. I feel absolutely ridiuclous but can hardly eat or anything with worry over him.  :(

screenmachine

Send the gerry anderson show an email TG. I've heard him call out requests like this before with a fair bit of success. Just mention the area your in and when it went missing etc. They'll put anyone in touch who has any info so you'd prob be best to leave a contact number with them as well. Hope it turns up!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

tyrone girl

In shock here now. Just phoned the courier offices there to see what time id need to have ad in for to go in wednesdays paper and the woman says to me what kind of dog have u lost. I said labrador and she said whereabouts? I said outside coalisland so she says my friends mother found a golden labrador last wednesday night and has him in her house and she would get him to phone me. Womans after phoning me this minute i gave her his name and she said he jumped up wagging his tail. So my dads gone to the house now to see if its him. Im praying to god it is

ballygawleyman

Quote from: tyrone girl on November 15, 2010, 10:16:17 AM
In shock here now. Just phoned the courier offices there to see what time id need to have ad in for to go in wednesdays paper and the woman says to me what kind of dog have u lost. I said labrador and she said whereabouts? I said outside coalisland so she says my friends mother found a golden labrador last wednesday night and has him in her house and she would get him to phone me. Womans after phoning me this minute i gave her his name and she said he jumped up wagging his tail. So my dads gone to the house now to see if its him. Im praying to god it is

Even if its not take him anyway. Did you still put the ad in the paper?

screenmachine

At least you know it's potentially safe and has had a woof over it's head for the past few days...

I'll get me coat...

Let us know if it's your dog!  Happy endings rock, especially on a Monday morning.  Is there anything that Gaaboard can't solve.  Maybe we should set up a political party... ;)
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Banana Man

that's brilliant news, st anthony has the answers to everything...