Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: hardstation on September 17, 2020, 09:56:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 17, 2020, 09:53:04 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 17, 2020, 09:23:09 PM
Quote from: Bronco on September 17, 2020, 06:16:20 PM
There are indeed. Not sure why that has you so riled up that you need to portray it as a Bellaghy/Cargin v St Enda's/Creggan final.

Most clubs have someone involved from outside these days in some capacity. Personally I wouldn't be in favour of that situation but it is what it is. Your facetious comments however indicate a rather unseemly jealousy of both teams reaching the final. Which is sad to see.
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 17, 2020, 05:50:56 PM
Are there members not heavily involved IN the final bronco ?
unseemly jealousy ! U sound like A st brigids chap ! Just don't like paid coaches, and clubs who pay them,  when 99 percent do it for Free  . Simple to understand

99% percent?

So in Antrim let's say we have 30 clubs, how many are paying?
I think he's talking about people involved in clubs who aren't paid rather than clubs who don't pay.
Some facts for most clubs

We need new kit for Camogs.. Do a wine night fundraiser
U10s need footballs.. Organise a raffle
U16 hurlers need sliotars.. Organise a car wash
U14s away to Feile...Ask local businesses for donations
Senior Manager is paid... Ssshhhhhhhh ffs do not let on
Piss on the volunteers

BrendanAntrim

Plenty of football entertainment for facebook fans this weekend. MFC & IFC on facebook tomorrow and the SFC final on Sunday.

imtommygunn

Are st Brigid's much good at minor level? Cargin look like strong favourites though I don't know much about the age group.

Great again by Antrim board to get all these streamed - and they're free at that.

BrendanAntrim

Cargin strong favourites for the minor. Only 4 NB players still in minor from last years final, i think the majority of Cargin are. Still, could be a good game.

Na Glinntí Glasa

got a ticket for our game tomorrow. looking forward to it compared to last weekend!

Last weekend i couldn't settle for the fear of losing to Loughgiel lol so this weekend the expectation isnt as high so i can try and enjoy it :D
hurl like f**k boi!

City watcher

Quote from: hardstation on September 17, 2020, 10:05:05 PM
Quote from: Dunsilly King on September 17, 2020, 09:55:38 PM
There are indeed. Not sure why that has you so riled up that you need to portray it as a Bellaghy/Cargin v St Enda's/Creggan final.

Most clubs have someone involved from outside these days in some capacity. Personally I wouldn't be in favour of that situation but it is what it is. Your facetious comments however indicate a rather unseemly jealousy of both teams reaching the final. Which is sad to see.
unseemly jealousy ! U sound like A st brigids chap ! Just don't like paid coaches, and clubs who pay them,  when 99 percent do it for Free  . Simple to understand

You must dislike every senior and intermediate club in Antrim because at some stage they have all done it. You'll soon need therapy  8) :o
I can't say for certain that it hasn't happened but a paid Rossa manager doesn't come to mind.

But a paid strength and conditioning coach does come to mind hs ;)

imtommygunn

Fair play to the Antrim board or Sean Kelly if it is him streaming the Pearse's match.

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 18, 2020, 08:11:19 PM
Fair play to the Antrim board or Sean Kelly if it is him streaming the Pearse's match.

Great stuff for Mick

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunsilly King on September 19, 2020, 02:17:50 PM
The commentary in the minor game is so anti Cargin. Congratulations Cargin

Well maybe if you'd have stepped in and offered you're services then we'd have a unbiased commentary  ;)

Fair play to the lads and giving us the game.

On the game, so many poor decisions and bad handling.. some going at Cargin now
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Our pitch is in pristine condition for tomorrows holding of county football final. RTE have a scaffolding going up today as well with Marty Morrissey expected to be  providing live commentary to the nation. Should be a cracking final.

Kidder81

Quote from: bannside on September 19, 2020, 02:24:12 PM
Our pitch is in pristine condition for tomorrows holding of county football final. RTE have a scaffolding going up today as well with Marty Morrissey expected to be  providing live commentary to the nation. Should be a cracking final.

Reason to mute then

BrendanAntrim

There were two of us, each asked to concentrate on the club we  knew best. Neutrality in commentators is vastly overrated!

City watcher

Quote from: hardstation on September 18, 2020, 08:23:59 PM
Quote from: City watcher on September 18, 2020, 04:47:27 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 17, 2020, 10:05:05 PM
Quote from: Dunsilly King on September 17, 2020, 09:55:38 PM

You must dislike every senior and intermediate club in Antrim because at some stage they have all done it. You'll soon need therapy  8) :o
I can't say for certain that it hasn't happened but a paid Rossa manager doesn't come to mind.

But a paid strength and conditioning coach does come to mind hs ;)
Rossa employ a S&C coach? That surprises me!

As far as I'm aware yes they did. For both senior hurling and football teams this year.. are you not a Rossa man?

Bronco

Agreed. I generally find Brendan quite positive and even-handed but that was shockingly biased from him today. The commentary wasn't helped by them talking over each other either.

Still it's a great service and these are small quibbles with an otherwise excellent initiative from Antrim. Thanks to all involved.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bronco on September 19, 2020, 06:41:37 PM
Agreed. I generally find Brendan quite positive and even-handed but that was shockingly biased from him today. The commentary wasn't helped by them talking over each other either.

Still it's a great service and these are small quibbles with an otherwise excellent initiative from Antrim. Thanks to all involved.

Just turn it off, some bellends on here
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea