Premier League 2021-22

Started by Boycey, July 12, 2021, 09:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2021, 01:56:29 PM
Quote from: shark on October 07, 2021, 01:47:52 PM
It is quite clearly an example of "sportswashing". However, this is just one tiny part of a much bigger picture. The people involved in sports clubs, be it fans, owners, players. They are just a subset of society. A society which largely ignores the acts of (in this example) the House of Saud. Why should football, or any sport for that matter, be expected to be different or held to a higher standard? The UK Government is squarely behind this takeover.

While they are at it the should be banning all the betting firms that sponsors clubs and radio talkshows!!

I was on Talksport last Saturday and the referencing to bets and betting firms was out of order

100% yes. How many Premier League teams are sponsored by betting companies? A good few looking at MotD any Sat / Sun

shark

But why should he care , when non Newcastle fans don't really care either? What the Saudis do is of little interest to the vast majority of people in the U.K. , be they in Newcastle, London or Birmingham. Same can be said of Ireland, France, wherever. People care about local issues they affect them and their families.
I think it's wrong too. But I won't vote in the next GE based on a parties stance on Saudi.

johnnycool

Quote from: sid waddell on October 07, 2021, 01:45:29 PM
It'll be fun to see an army of Newcastle bots shilling for UKIP and proclaiming the evils of Islam and immigration by day, and then shilling for Saudi Arabia and Sharia law by night.

They'll chose not to see the connection like my Liverpool loving workmate give out about Muslims without even realising Salah was a Muslim..

As for human rights, when the Saudi's can bump off a journalist, cut him to bits and not one Western Government lifts so much as a cross word then why worry when they buy a football club in the North East of England?

They're spending a fortune on our missiles and the likes, so look away lads and ladies.

GiveItToTheShooters

Newcastle gonna end up like Man Citeh. Buying trophies and plastic fans. You'll see boys in India in a few years time with Newcastle jerseys on.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on October 07, 2021, 03:56:59 PM
Newcastle gonna end up like Man Citeh. Buying trophies and plastic fans. You'll see boys in India in a few years time with Newcastle jerseys on.

The one thing they don't have is plastic fans, the rest may happen, Christ they may end up with fans from Ireland
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Lads if it means 1 less horse gettin punched after their latest defeat then im all on for it

Jokes and human rights violations aside at least itll shake things up a bit. God knows their fans deserve rid of Ashley.

And apart from all that, football is couped

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2021, 04:01:58 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on October 07, 2021, 03:56:59 PM

The one thing they don't have is plastic fans, the rest may happen, Christ they may end up with fans from Ireland
Yea they don't now, but with the Arabs taking over there'll be a new breed of plastic gloryhunters for them, including from Ireland. Sure there are plenty of wee lads running about now with Citeh tops in Ireland ;D same thing will happen

nrico2006

I had high hopes of the Saudi's taking the Glazers out, disappointed now.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

brokencrossbar1

Money or no money I don't know if NUFC will really be the success people suspect they will. They are currently a mid to lower division team, they are going to have to basically buy a new team. Saint Maximan is the only player who any of the top 4-5 clubs would take. They have no Gaza's coming through and they have no history of success. The fans are fanatics but deluded. LFC, Man U, City end Chelsea are still going to be getting the top players as they are basically nailed on for CL for the next few seasons. LFC and United have the history, Chelsea and City the money and location. Does anyone really see the likes of Haaland moving to Newcastle no matter how much he's paid? 

It's fanciful to think they will really shake things up. It will take them 4-5 seasons to rebuild and the likes of the Saudis may not be patient for that. They may get a cup run or push for Europe but I can't see them breaking through anytime soon

Boycey

I'd sooner the Glazers than the Saudis and that's saying something.

But in the bigger scheme of things its all a bit meh at this stage and people are right in saying that after all the moaning and pontificating things will just carry on...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 07, 2021, 06:04:16 PM
Money or no money I don't know if NUFC will really be the success people suspect they will. They are currently a mid to lower division team, they are going to have to basically buy a new team. Saint Maximan is the only player who any of the top 4-5 clubs would take. They have no Gaza's coming through and they have no history of success. The fans are fanatics but deluded. LFC, Man U, City end Chelsea are still going to be getting the top players as they are basically nailed on for CL for the next few seasons. LFC and United have the history, Chelsea and City the money and location. Does anyone really see the likes of Haaland moving to Newcastle no matter how much he's paid? 

It's fanciful to think they will really shake things up. It will take them 4-5 seasons to rebuild and the likes of the Saudis may not be patient for that. They may get a cup run or push for Europe but I can't see them breaking through anytime soon

City were a yo yo before their owners came in, Chelsea did have some history but without the Russian they'd be a yo-yo team also.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Bcb - dunno. Wont happen overnight as you say but neither did Citys. It should improve gradually every year now then say 5to10yrs they could be up there

Boycey - correct, their supporters just on bbc there, theyre wettin themselves as they should be.

Its a dirty sport only gettin dirtier but the team thats winnin, will they really care..

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2021, 06:18:13 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 07, 2021, 06:04:16 PM

City were a yo yo before their owners came in, Chelsea did have some history but without the Russian they'd be a yo-yo team also.

Yes, remember all the sneering United and their fans did at the "noisy neigbours" in that period! It took City a couple of years (and a Robinho debacle) before the new owners translated to onfield success, but that amount of cash being available made it inevitable.

If the Saudis are going to plough limitless amounts of cash into Newcastle, the stars will follow.

Especially with the Spanish clubs currently in deep shit.

rodney trotter

First decision for them would be to stick with Steve Bruce for a while, or make a statement with a new manager. It will take a few transfer windows before they would obviously become a force, a big name manager would get interest from players.

Captain Obvious

Manchester Citys sugar daddy arrived September 2008,  first Premier league title won under those owners was in 2012. If history repeats itself Newcastles should win the Premier league in 2025.