American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Terrible clock management from the Cowboys to give him the chance but f**king hell Rodgers is something else altogether.

Thought Elliott was away there for a second on the lateral play too!

declan85

Quote from: gallsman on October 09, 2017, 12:36:11 AM
Terrible clock management from the Cowboys to give him the chance but f**king hell Rodgers is something else altogether.

That's a little bit harsh, the Cowboys final drive took almost 9 minutes off the clock.
Was it just me or when there was over a minute on the clock + 1 timeout i felt the Packers were definitely going to win it. Seen it so many times before!

gallsman

They took plenty off the clock alright and then inexplicably stopped it by throwing on second down. Ridiculous decision.

Minder

I went to bed after first Packers TD but that TD throw from Rodgers was something else.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on October 09, 2017, 10:43:29 AM

I went to bed after first Packers TD but that TD throw from Rodgers was something else.

He'd made the same throw the play before too and left it short and low. Went right back at it and perfected it. He's obscene.

AZOffaly

God the Cardinals are awful

gallsman

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 09, 2017, 01:35:17 PM

Whole division is very underwhelming at the minute.

AZOffaly

Quote from: gallsman on October 09, 2017, 01:36:10 PM

The NFC Worst again.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 09, 2017, 01:36:35 PM
Quote from: gallsman on October 09, 2017, 01:36:10 PM

The NFC Worst again.

I'm loving this season and how it's shaping up. Think the playoffs are going to be brilliant (long time away I know) as it's going to be very hard to predict winners. Everyone with a good offence has a crap defence and vice versa. KC are interesting - putting up big scores but conceding lots of points too. Most would have expected their defence to be much better and maybe they will improve (think they've struggled with injuries so far). Russell Wilson normally takes 5 or 6 weeks to get going and the Seattle defence looks good again so they should emerge as a contender. Patriots and Packers due to their amazing QB's will be there or thereabouts but both have weak defences, especially NE. No one to hang your hat on though.

Looking forward to tonight. Bizarrely, there's a bit of a family connection to Mitch Trubisky so hoping he can do well. Bears without Trevathan and Willie Young is disappointing as the defence is overall not bad and I'd have fancied them against Case Keenum but with a few guys gone already and those two out it could be difficult.

AZOffaly

A family connection? Do tell?

magpie seanie

Mitch's sister is child minder for my brother and his wife.

AZOffaly

magpie seanie

lurganblue

Nasty looking injury for OBJ

Oraisteach

Seanie, Mitch is the pride of Mentor, Ohio, a Cleveland suburb.  His sister doesn't still live there, does she?