TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Theresa May plagiarised the West Wing in her speech today...

Main Street

4th episode of The Deuce, I find I can't not watch it, even if it's just taking its time, looking as if it's going nowhere interesting. This series needs some serious taxi driver retribution to counter the effect of the one way relentless sexploitation and crude gutter mafia gangsterism.

TabClear

Quote from: gallsman on October 04, 2017, 09:22:21 PM

Rewatched a couple of the earlier series over the summer. Awesome show even after so many years. Acting and scripting was top notch. Definitely in my Top 5 boxsets ever.

gallsman

Quote from: TabClear on October 05, 2017, 11:31:03 AM

Rewatched a couple of the earlier series over the summer. Awesome show even after so many years. Acting and scripting was top notch. Definitely in my Top 5 boxsets ever.

Basically it's great up until Rob Lowe and Sorkin left. Have watched it a good few times and the dip in quality is very noticeable.

Boycey

Quote from: gallsman on October 05, 2017, 01:24:40 PM

Basically it's great up until Rob Lowe and Sorkin left. Have watched it a good few times and the dip in quality is very noticeable.

Ah its still top quality entertainment right til the end.... I'm about to start at the beginning again!!!

screenexile

I doubt you'll have many arguments there. Having said that without Sorkin it was still better than half the stuff that's out there today!!

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on October 05, 2017, 03:00:19 PM

Ah its still top quality entertainment right til the end.... I'm about to start at the beginning again!!!

I watched it again last year and realised it was only the second time I'd watched seasons 5, 6 and 7. Will and Kate are awful and the rubbish about Leo going to Cuba etc makes me cringe. They ruined Toby too. There's no way he'd have betrayed Jed like that.

That said, the campaign is great and Santos and especially Vinick are brilliant characters.

Tony Baloney

Is the West Wing readily available for a lazy bastard like me as I have the box set and fancy watching it without the hassle of hoking DVDs. File under First World Problems.

gallsman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 05, 2017, 04:54:08 PM
Is the West Wing readily available for a lazy b**tard like me as I have the box set and fancy watching it without the hassle of hoking DVDs. File under First World Problems.

If you know how to use Kodi or how to access US Netflix it's all there.

laoislad

Is the West Wing readily available for a lazy b**tard like me as I have the box set and fancy watching it without the hassle of hoking DVDs. File under First World Problems.

https://terrariumtv.com 
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on October 05, 2017, 05:11:28 PM

If you know how to use Kodi or how to access US Netflix it's all there.
Will check Kodi. I think I watched the first 3 or 4 series and then knocked it on the head so might start again.

JimStynes

I'm still trying to get past season 1. But slow or something for me. Going to try get through it at some stage though. Watching Queen of the South on Netflix. It's ok just but I've f**k all else to watch now.

Boycey

Anyone look at the new incarnation of Porridge tonight on the Beeb? Porridge was on of the all time great shows and Fletcher one of the great characters..

bennydorano

3rd series of BBC sitcom Josh started last night. An unappreciated gem, consistently funny.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: screenexile on October 05, 2017, 03:06:37 PM

I doubt you'll have many arguments there. Having said that without Sorkin it was still better than half the stuff that's out there today!!

Speaking of Sorkin,
I really enjoyed The Newsroom.
Its a pity they didn't make more series of it.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either