Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Saffrongael

So youse all swallowed Rodgers bullshit about "living the dream" etc ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

cornerback

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 26, 2019, 05:44:08 PM
Quote from: cornerback on February 26, 2019, 01:05:53 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 26, 2019, 12:38:43 PM
Should go for Steve Clarke straight away.

Lennon may have issues from when he left.

Same issues of non funding that Rodgers is considering leaving for.

It coukd be a ploy to shake the board into spending money.

I can't believe he would go to Leicester. Ok more wage and loads more money to spend... but the only glory there will be getting them promoted back into English premier next season...
So I can't believe it's a pure footballing decision.
More likely his bird wants back to engerland

What are you talking about?
If they are relegated... apologies for not spelling it out

( Leicester that is..)

If Leicester are relegated from their current position I'd be very surprised if Rodgers will be given the chance to get them promoted!!

red hander

Quote from: trailer on February 26, 2019, 07:36:59 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 26, 2019, 05:48:50 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 26, 2019, 03:09:43 PM
Rafa would be an obvious choice for a club with money and ambition, even if that club has such a puny ethos like Leicester :)
Possibly Rafa's not available or not willing to down tools right now or waiting for another call.
It can't be just for the spending money he would get...

Has to be his bird wanting back to Blighty... this whole thing doesn't make sense ... to jump ship for a tiny minnow like Leicester ( Ok they have millions more in spending money than celtic)  .. it does t add up from footballing perspective..

But if he goes then that's fine

As jock Stein once said.. no one person is bigger than Celtic football club

You do know they have won the Premier League more recently than Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs...... They're a massive club in relation to Celtic.

f**k, you talk some balls

screenexile

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 26, 2019, 05:48:50 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 26, 2019, 03:09:43 PM
Rafa would be an obvious choice for a club with money and ambition, even if that club has such a puny ethos like Leicester :)
Possibly Rafa's not available or not willing to down tools right now or waiting for another call.
It can't be just for the spending money he would get...

Has to be his bird wanting back to Blighty... this whole thing doesn't make sense ... to jump ship for a tiny minnow like Leicester ( Ok they have millions more in spending money than celtic)  .. it does t add up from footballing perspective..

But if he goes then that's fine

As jock Stein once said.. no one person is bigger than Celtic football club

Lads the reality is the Celtic job is like shooting fish in a barrel. It's easy to someone like Rodgers domestically and the challenge has completely gone.

The board have shown they're not interested in even trying to become competitive in Europe so when you take all that in why would he stay??

charlieTully

Quote from: Saffrongael on February 26, 2019, 07:39:38 PM
So youse all swallowed Rodgers bullshit about "living the dream" etc ?

Unfortunately so. Took the man at his word. Turns out he is just a hoor. Hope he gets the English team relegated next season.

screenexile

The hyperbole on social media is ridiculous you'd think he shagged every Celtic supporters missus. He's taken Celtic as far as he can and he's moved on... I don't see why he's gonna be such a hate figure now!

ned

Usual pricks out today.
BR had something good to build on but the intransigence of the board has put paid to any chance of him wishing to continue.
However, going to Leicester proves he is a complete spoofer and bullshitter and I'm not ashamed to admit he had me conned. Money is obviously his motivator as Leicester are just another in a long line of English clubs who have ridden on the crest of the EPL moneybags league.
Celtic are bigger than almost every club in England in every way except in being able to suckle from the Sky/Bt money teat.

yellowcard

He will do the same to Leicester, get them to a certain level then upgrade to a better, newer model.

What doesn't help him is his press conferences where he proclaims undying love and commitment for his latest club. I find him very insincere and full of corporate management speak. In his opening press conference for Leicester he is at it already.

BennyCake

Quote from: yellowcard on February 26, 2019, 08:58:49 PM
He will do the same to Leicester, get them to a certain level then upgrade to a better, newer model.

What doesn't help him is his press conferences where he proclaims undying love and commitment for his latest club. I find him very insincere and full of corporate management speak. In his opening press conference for Leicester he is at it already.

What manager doesn't do exactly that?

screenexile

What are you taking about?? Every manager and player does it sure how many times did Robbie Keane's dream come true.

The level of delusion from Celtic fans on this is crazy I know you want to believe you're more than just a football club and a brand but besides the green brigade you're really not!!

Main Street

Talk about delusion
Leicester are a minnow club with money. Money does not endow  a club with greatness.
Celtic are one of the great clubs,  respect from real fans around the world -  not franchise supporters.

thebar

Quote from: screenexile on February 26, 2019, 09:19:48 PM

What are you taking about?? Every manager and player does it sure how many times did Robbie Keane's dream come true.

The level of delusion from Celtic fans on this is crazy I know you want to believe you're more than just a football club and a brand but besides the green brigade you're really not!!

Really? What are you talking about??

yellowcard

Don't think anyone would have batted an eyelid if he had gone in the summer, it's the timing of the move and the haste with which it was carried out. It didn't just happen overnight, this was something that was obviously in the offing for some time.

I accept that there is no loyalty in professional football but what I don't get is why he walked out now in the middle of a title race when he could have waited 2 or 3 months. It's not like Leicester have anything at stake for the remainder of the season.

From the Bunker

Neil Lennon is the best short term solution. He knows the League, the teams in it and has a great idea of the politics of Parkhead. He'll do ok.

Being a Celtic Manager is a horrible bag of contradictions. Celtic are a huge fish in a very small pond in Scotland and a tadpole in a lake that is Europe. The Board know they don't need to over spend to dominate Scotland and hope that what they have will help them trickle into the European competitions. It works most of the time. But with such limited investment, the higher standard games in Europe are beyond us and always will be unless Celtic leave the Scottish game.

I do believe Rogers fulfilled a dream in managing Celtic. But his teams have looked stale this season. How do you sell winning to a squad that is going for the triple triple? With all this domestic dominance - there was only one way Rogers team could go. And this was probably the best time to jump ship.

yellowcard

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 26, 2019, 09:38:07 PM
Neil Lennon is the best short term solution. He knows the League, the teams in it and has a great idea of the politics of Parkhead. He'll do ok.

Being a Celtic Manager is a horrible bag of contradictions. Celtic are a huge fish in a very small pond in Scotland and a tadpole in a lake that is Europe. The Board know they don't need to over spend to dominate Scotland and hope that what they have will help them trickle into the European competitions. It works most of the time. But with such limited investment, the higher standard games in Europe are beyond us and always will be unless Celtic leave the Scottish game.

I do believe Rogers fulfilled a dream in managing Celtic. But his teams have looked stale this season. How do you sell winning to a squad that is going for the triple triple? With all this domestic dominance - there was only one way Rogers team could go. And this was probably the best time to jump ship.

I would agree with all of this except the last bit. The summer would have been the ideal time for him to go and he could have walked away with an unblemished record and among the best managers the club had ever seen. His domestic 69 unbeaten run was phenomenal by anyone's standards and he had probably taken the team as far as he could but walking now was very poor judgement on his part.