Lockdown memories

Started by Truth hurts, June 30, 2022, 12:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on July 02, 2022, 11:30:56 AM
Quote from: Saffrongael on July 02, 2022, 11:10:07 AM
Quote from: Gmac on July 01, 2022, 11:19:55 PM
Enjoyed reading the coronavirus thread and how some guys were showering after getting the mail or burning their clothes after grocery shopping like they had committed a murder .

Lol forgot about that

perfect example here of what I remember GMAC over exaggerating everything and been wrong about nearly everything and making a fool of himself/herself.

not sure why I wasted my time but searched grocery/groceries and shower/showering in the thread and no poster was suggesting anything close to what you said... (apart from one poster who was not doing it but giving an example)
if you search a bit more you will find  I called it exactly as it played out .

Farrandeelin

Checking worldometer every now and then and seeing how other countries were getting on.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Eire90

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on June 30, 2022, 04:27:47 PM
discovering people were actually virologists, then 2 years later you find out they are international war experts before quickly moving on to become economists

i see a lot of them have now move onto abortions and lgbt stuff they claim not to be sheep yet they all seem to follow what each other and what american right wingers are doing.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 02, 2022, 11:03:13 AM
Quote from: AustinPowers on July 01, 2022, 11:10:49 PM
A number of weeks before lockdown, we took in a dog from a relative who Had  got fed up with it. I was reluctant as I'm not really a dog person, but the wee thing would have ended up in the pound so we  relented

When lockdown hit,  herself was working from home, and I was off so  had a lot of time on my hands, so I started taking the dog walking around the local roads. It was a great way of meeting and chatting to people especially with nobody visiting early days.

Started growing some fruit and vegetables  down the back field  and took the dog everyday with me. Weather was great, and she kept me company  while I tried my hand at all sorts of plants ( mostly badly). She spent her time  lying in the sun, digging holes,   keeping an eye on the sheep/cows next fields and running around the place and sometimes getting in my way and walking all over my plants  ;D I have great memories of those few months with her

Unfortunately a few months back she started going downhill. Tried different meds from vet but decline continued. Just over a month ago we lost her. Came down early one morning and she was gone.  I buried her in the back field  where we spent many memorable  days that summer., she probably kept us sane during those lockdown days, especially me. I'm absolutely heartbroken that she's gone.

Sorry to hear that.

Oh that's breaking my heart!! I'd be lost without my furry buddies!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

RadioGaGa being right about an awful lot of things

imtommygunn

The paranoia on vaccine passports changing everything forever then they disappeared and so did the people saying that ;D

toby47

£0.99 a litre of diesel.......

From the Bunker

This is a (not so fond) memory from Lockdown.

People like this show you just how the lynch mob work!

Luckily Youtube has historically recorded this moment of madness.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPlWF4gp0r8

Orior

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 04, 2022, 05:54:14 PM

I totally agree with Joe O'Shea 100%.

My own memories surround working from home, and walking, and being able to do more research. In other words, I made it into a benefit.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

From the Bunker

Quote from: Orior on December 04, 2022, 06:22:32 PM

My own memories surround working from home, and walking, and being able to do more research. In other words, I made it into a benefit.

Do you agree with the present lockdowns in China?

bennydorano

Cycling on empty roads, carryouts & takeaways are my lingering memories.

I see Damo & Ivor social media pages have all turned a tad rightish.

Orior

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 04, 2022, 06:49:30 PM
Quote from: Orior on December 04, 2022, 06:22:32 PM

Do you agree with the present lockdowns in China?

If the latest strain is like that in the West i.e. mild, then no.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians