Author Topic: The IRISH RUGBY thread  (Read 1103354 times)

Capt Pat

• View Profile
Re: The IRISH RUGBY thread
« Reply #10755 on: November 20, 2022, 12:47:02 AM »
I thought he released without making a massive show of it.

Watched the replays. Tackles him, gets to his feet, releases and goes for the ball again. Bullshit yellow.

England actually scored the try right there and then. Its not like he killed the try scoring opportunity. I don't understand why he needed to be yellow carded.

In the rugby league earlier on. The star Aussie winger Addo Carr deliberately knocked the ball on to prevent a Samoan try. That looks like a yellow card and penalty try in my rugby union brain. But no in league it is allowed and applauded, Addo Carr was jumping up and down in celebration.

I think all this means I need to read up more on the rules of these games.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #10756 on: November 20, 2022, 05:55:31 AM »
In the 2019 RWC Ireland could only play one style.  They were blindsided by Japan. The point of the November matches was to expose the group to different styles and get data. 
Lookit

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #10757 on: November 20, 2022, 10:34:56 PM »
VdF named World Player of the Year.

Terrific achievement but the endless disrespect of Ardie Saves is astonishing. Wasn't even nominated and didn't make the team of the year.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #10758 on: November 20, 2022, 11:32:20 PM »
Ardie a great player but not a no. 8 not big enough, better, at 7,

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #10759 on: November 21, 2022, 08:47:05 AM »
VdF named World Player of the Year.

Terrific achievement but the endless disrespect of Ardie Saves is astonishing. Wasn't even nominated and didn't make the team of the year.
Great achievement for the Irish team reflected in this reward.
Only Keith Wood and Sexton have previously won this award for the green Jersey.
O'Driscoll was good enough to win but he didn't have the team to match.
Lookit

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #10760 on: November 21, 2022, 08:55:23 AM »
In the 2019 RWC Ireland could only play one style.  They were blindsided by Japan. The point of the November matches was to expose the group to different styles and get data.

A win is a win, but Ireland are probably in a healthy position within the camp as they know they'd a few poor enough performances in these Autumn Internationals so expectations have been dampened in the media which is a good thing.

Out half depth or more importantly quality of the depth is still an issue, Carbery sadly is every bit as fragile as Sexton, so is there any real point of continuing with him as second choice come the 6N's?

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #10761 on: November 21, 2022, 10:44:46 AM »

A win is a win, but Ireland are probably in a healthy position within the camp as they know they'd a few poor enough performances in these Autumn Internationals so expectations have been dampened in the media which is a good thing.

Out half depth or more importantly quality of the depth is still an issue, Carbery sadly is every bit as fragile as Sexton, so is there any real point of continuing with him as second choice come the 6N's?
The aim of exposing more players to game time was achieved. This will probably be the most thorough preparation for a RWC by Ireland.
Lookit

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10762 on: December 05, 2022, 07:45:21 PM »
Eddie Jones is gone mate!!

Capt Pat

• View Profile
« Reply #10763 on: December 05, 2022, 07:53:00 PM »
I am glad Eddie Jones is gone. I thought England did well getting to the world cup final with him last time.

Who are they going to get in to replace him?

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10764 on: December 05, 2022, 08:02:47 PM »
I am glad Eddie Jones is gone. I thought England did well getting to the world cup final with him last time.

Apparently Borthwick is back having been forwards coach under Jones for England and Japan in the last 2 World Cups!

seafoid

• View Profile
Lookit

Dag Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #10766 on: December 05, 2022, 10:17:15 PM »
There is a danger that England will improve if Jones goes. They are on the easier side of the World Cup draw too!

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #10767 on: December 05, 2022, 10:40:21 PM »

Apparently Borthwick is back having been forwards coach under Jones for England and Japan in the last 2 World Cups!
Not sure Borthwick is what they need! They've shown they can score when the shackles are off but when they play conservatively they can be beaten by just about anyone. Borthwick is a good man for conservative play, mauling and scrummaging all day but expansive play is what their fans want to see.

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #10768 on: Today at 12:14:23 AM »
They be sniffing for Farrell, they had sense they be looking at Robinson from New Zealand.