The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Without Tadgh Furling and Gibson Park, both nailed on starters too...

Wildweasel74

Henshaw would been seen as a starter too.

gallsman

Cracking game, Ireland great value for that win. French back row were kept anonymous. Definite ref card and Lowe was definitely in touch. Thought Bealham was outstanding. Hands for the Keenan try were superb.

One potential concern is the inabilty to close out from short range. Doris and Porter seem to be the only ones really able to drive over the line and there were a good few points left out there today.

Tubberman

Lowe's boot tickled the blades of grass, but if he had touched the ground, his foot would have changed trajectory. 
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Nanderson

Good to see Farrell throwing casey and byrne into the melting pot. Probably the toughest challenge they could face before heading to the world cup

gallsman

Quote from: Tubberman on February 11, 2023, 04:42:50 PM
Lowe's boot tickled the blades of grass, but if he had touched the ground, his foot would have changed trajectory.

His toe dragged across the ground, that's in touch.. Because it was given originally it was going to be impossible to overturn but he was in touch.

Tubberman

Quote from: gallsman on February 11, 2023, 04:54:18 PM

His toe dragged across the ground, that's in touch.. Because it was given originally it was going to be impossible to overturn but he was in touch.

Why would it have been impossible to overturn? that happens all the time
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

gallsman

Quote from: Tubberman on February 11, 2023, 05:00:42 PM

Because it was razor thin. In those circumstances, it's almost never overturned as the question asked is "is there any reason not to award the try?" so they look for cast iron evidence of the ref having got it wrong.

screenexile

Quote from: gallsman on February 11, 2023, 05:09:29 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on February 11, 2023, 05:00:42 PM

Because it was razor thin. In those circumstances, it's almost never overturned as the question asked is "is there any reason not to award the try?" so they look for cast iron evidence of the ref having got it wrong.

Is the rule touching the grass or touching the ground??

He may have touched the grass but definitely not the ground I can't see how you're so sure about it.

Gold

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 11, 2023, 03:48:20 PM
Casey alot quicker passing than Murray

Absolutely he was

Murray is so slow plus  greedy ...went for 3 tries himself when didn't have the power too

A d don't me tion his box kicking....
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Wildweasel74

I watched the lowe try 4/5 times, still not sure if he touched the grass or not.

Bord na Mona man

Lowe's toe skimmed the turf:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1624419178709909504

Even more blatant, Ringrose threw a very forward pass to him:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1624418745556013059
Look at the grass stripe where Ringrose threw vs where Lowe received it.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Ghost on February 11, 2023, 03:31:49 PM
Hard to picture Sexton's body holding up for the duration of a world cup. Man's crippled.
Sexton should be rested for some of the group games. Maybe even rested for the South Africa game and instead Ireland target beating Scotland to secure 2nd place.

Capt Pat

That was a great win on the face of it but the world cup is a different matter. Ireland have some top players to come back in, Furlong and Sheehan in the front row and Gibson Park and Henshaw in the backs.

The world cup is what counts this year but I won't turn my nose up at a grand slam.

Estimator

Wales gettin destroyed again this week.
Didn't work with the old men against Ireland, hasn't work with the young ones against Scotland.

Ireland v Scotland at Murrayfield for the Grand Slam!!
Ulster League Champions 2009