The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Both defences well on top here.

I know they're saying the young lad is playing well but he's only solid and doesn't offer the variation you'd have with Sexton or Carbery.

Wildweasel74

50mins gone and easily the worst game of rugby I can ever remember, centre pairing not as good as Aki and Henshaw, poor without Sexton, and can't get possession. Very poor.

Walter Cronc

Horrific. A bad game of rugby is the pitts!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 19, 2022, 09:32:13 PM
Horrific. A bad game of rugby is the pitts!
Pure pish. Sometimes defensive arm wrestles are entertaining but this isn't one of those - both teams toothless.

ONeill

Dunno what it is but I love these games. Probably growing up studying the George Graham offside system did it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Wildweasel74

JPGJOHNNYG

Some of the brain dead penalties ffs. That try was all from that idiot being on the wrong side for no reason

screenexile

Good to win a game without playing well!!!

mrdeeds

Rugby games are way too long. Clock stopped all the time now.

Capt Pat

Complacency from Ireland and losing Sexton before kick off are the reasons for the poor performance. 40% of the viewers in the survey before the match thought Ireland would win the world cup next year. This performance should reduce that 40% in the next survey.

gallsman

Quote from: gallsman on November 19, 2022, 07:59:43 PM
I thought he released without making a massive show of it.

Watched the replays. Tackles him, gets to his feet, releases and goes for the ball again. Bullshit yellow.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on November 19, 2022, 09:46:46 PM
Dunno what it is but I love these games. Probably growing up studying the George Graham offside system did it.
The "Boring Boring" Arsenal era will do that to you.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Capt Pat

Quote from: gallsman on November 19, 2022, 10:47:39 PM
Quote from: gallsman on November 19, 2022, 07:59:43 PM
I thought he released without making a massive show of it.

Watched the replays. Tackles him, gets to his feet, releases and goes for the ball again. Bullshit yellow.

England actually scored the try right there and then. Its not like he killed the try scoring opportunity. I don't understand why he needed to be yellow carded.

In the rugby league earlier on. The star Aussie winger Addo Carr deliberately knocked the ball on to prevent a Samoan try. That looks like a yellow card and penalty try in my rugby union brain. But no in league it is allowed and applauded, Addo Carr was jumping up and down in celebration.

I think all this means I need to read up more on the rules of these games.

seafoid

In the 2019 RWC Ireland could only play one style.  They were blindsided by Japan. The point of the November matches was to expose the group to different styles and get data. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU