New York

Started by Karl Kennedy, May 21, 2009, 09:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

sure Waldorf Astoria always does the trick  :D
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

heganboy

ach sure a bit like the Plaza, its not what it was...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Caid

Heading to NYC for 6 months myself next month with work.  Was going to ask for good bars to watch the GAA but i'm sure that's on other threads so i'll just do a search instead!
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

sammymaguire

any of the Connolly's would do the trick
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Declan

Any recommendations for a few jars and a bite to eat on a Friday evening in the Big Apple. Heading over with work and will be in midtown so I'm sure there's plenty of options but if anyone knows anywhere it'd save the old legs on a crawl!!!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Declan on February 16, 2010, 02:40:10 PM
Any recommendations for a few jars and a bite to eat on a Friday evening in the Big Apple. Heading over with work and will be in midtown so I'm sure there's plenty of options but if anyone knows anywhere it'd save the old legs on a crawl!!!
virgils just off times square-  bbq house
enjoyed it when I was over there last sept

Carmen Stateside

Perfect pint on 45th between 2nd and 3rd good grub and ask for Caroline, she might get you a little discount if you mention me.

Declan

Thanks Lads - duly noted

wicked

I love Perfect Pint. Haven't been to a lot of NYC bars, but it's top notch. There's an upscale place selling itself as an Irish pub that I think is somewhere in the neighborhood of 61st Street and First Avenue (been a few years, don't remember the name) and near the Midtown Tunnel that seems to be hopping, too.

(For those going longer, definitely suggest a side jaunt to Philly or Boston, can take the train/bus to either pretty easily and for cheap.)

heganboy

Quote from: Declan on February 16, 2010, 02:40:10 PM
sure why don't you give us a shout and sure a few of us could show you the ropes...
much as id love to bust his balls- carmen makes a strong point- and sure maybe he'd join us?
other than that I'll try my best...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

new devil

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 16, 2010, 03:01:34 PM
Perfect pint on 45th between 2nd and 3rd good grub and ask for Caroline, she might get you a little discount if you mention me.

I might try that too  ;)

Declan

Quotesure why don't you give us a shout and sure a few of us could show you the ropes

Well if there's a few around on Friday 26th that could be a plan OK.

JUst retired

The Pig and Whistle  just off Times Square is another good Irish pub with good food. :)

5 Sams

I know there's probably a lot of info on here within several threads but I always found this thread on Football 365 to be very informative about NYC. Enjoy yourself you luck bastid :'(

http://forum.football365.com/index.php?t=msg&th=160701&

The Aristocrat Years

Declan

Any of our New york based contributors feel up to a pint tomorrow or Friday night drop me a PM though I beileve weather is miserable over there at the moment.