RTE on Freeview

Started by Lazer, December 13, 2010, 11:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gander

I have a samsung TV and getting all RTE1&2/TV3/TG4 on digital freeview. I live in Armagh

Bensars

Quote from: gander on June 10, 2011, 10:48:40 AM
I have a samsung TV and getting all RTE1&2/TV3/TG4 on digital freeview. I live in Armagh

Same as and have for some time. Perfect picture

Hereiam

Have a samsung as well and get RTE 1,RTE 2,TV3,TG4,3E,RTE NEWS NOW,RTE+1. All great picture quality.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: J OGorman on June 10, 2011, 10:46:00 AM
Quote from: Newbridge Exile on June 10, 2011, 07:10:32 AM
Picked up RTE/TV3 recently via freeview on my BTvision box, I only get the RTE Radio stations on another freeview tv I have in the house ,

you getting the sport on rte HD Newbridge? Magners League Final, CL Final, GAA on free HD, what a treat
Na dont have a HD TV , good to get the games on TV3 though, where I'm at you are unable to get TV3 on Analogue

FermGael

I have a Sky dish on the side of the house.
Was looking at Bt vision and Sky today and would be inclined to head for Bt vision.
But was wondering is the any combo boxes that combine Saorview and Freesat with a TV recorder??
Not to keen on locking into a 18 month contract with either.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Rocky Mc Guigan

If you are buying a tv with built in freeview if it is Mpeg4 then you can get perfect picture quality on on RTe1,network 2,tv3 tg4 and 3e

AZOffaly

Lads, I have a Samsung Series 7 LCD TV, bought just after Christmas. I can't find the manual, so I don't know what it has re. MPEG4 or whatever. How would I go about trying to Tune in the RTE channels without an aerial?

FermGael

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on June 21, 2011, 09:28:37 PM
If you are buying a tv with built in freeview if it is Mpeg4 then you can get perfect picture quality on on RTe1,network 2,tv3 tg4 and 3e
Tv has built in freeview but not for southern channels

FermGael

Fionntamhnach what about something like this??
Am i right in thinking that if you attached a portable harddrive you could record?

http://www.satellite.ie/acatalo/Free_to_air_HD_Satellite_and_Terrestrial_Digital_Ferguson_HD_Ariva_Combo_Box.html

clarshack

I have 2 tvs in house with built in freeview and both are unable to pick up the southern channels. I looked at the saorview coverage map and my area is covered in red which means i shouldnt be able to pick up the signal. however my brother who lives down the road was able to pick it up with the built in freeview on his tv.

anyway i did a bit more research and found out that the technika hd box (model: STBHDIS2010) currently on sale at £30 in tesco would be able to pick it up. therefore i went and bought it yesterday (had to buy a separate hdmi lead though) and lo and behold it picked up the southern channels right away including rte2 hd. so now i can look forward to watching the all-ireland final in hd on sunday  :)

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: clarshack on September 14, 2011, 10:55:21 AM
I have 2 tvs in house with built in freeview and both are unable to pick up the southern channels. I looked at the saorview coverage map and my area is covered in red which means i shouldnt be able to pick up the signal. however my brother who lives down the road was able to pick it up with the built in freeview on his tv.

anyway i did a bit more research and found out that the technika hd box (model: STBHDIS2010) currently on sale at £30 in tesco would be able to pick it up. therefore i went and bought it yesterday (had to buy a separate hdmi lead though) and lo and behold it picked up the southern channels right away including rte2 hd. so now i can look forward to watching the all-ireland final in hd on sunday  :)

Sounds like your tvs have an MPEG2 tuner built in, they will pick up the UK Freeview but to pick up Saorview you need an MPEG4 tuner. Enjoy the final in HD, not much joy to be had watching the 3 Nualas in even greater clarity though.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

J OGorman

Quote from: clarshack on September 14, 2011, 10:55:21 AM

some treat Clarshack..have been on the rte HD for a a wee while...GAA, rugby, soccer ball,, some job

men in black

Quote from: clarshack on Today at 10:55:21 AM

anyway i did a bit more research and found out that the technika hd box (model: STBHDIS2010) currently on sale at £30 in tesco would be able to pick it up. therefore i went and bought it yesterday (had to buy a separate hdmi lead though) and lo and behold it picked up the southern channels right away including rte2 hd. so now i can look forward to watching the all-ireland final in hd on sunday 

My TV is HD ready. Will this make it full HD

clarshack

Quote from: men in black on September 14, 2011, 12:48:40 PM
Quote from: clarshack on Today at 10:55:21 AM

anyway i did a bit more research and found out that the technika hd box (model: STBHDIS2010) currently on sale at £30 in tesco would be able to pick it up. therefore i went and bought it yesterday (had to buy a separate hdmi lead though) and lo and behold it picked up the southern channels right away including rte2 hd. so now i can look forward to watching the all-ireland final in hd on sunday 

My TV is HD ready. Will this make it full HD

if you see the 'HD Ready' logo on a display screen it means the screen has sufficient resolution to support HD images and can play HD sources. However it may not display the full resolution from 1080p sources.

my main tv is hd ready and supports 1080i but it doesnt support 1080p. however sky and freeview hd both broadcast in 1080i.

FermGael

I have Bt Vision and have also been able to pick up rte digital
Noticed last week that for some of the rte programmes there was a HD logo displayed beside the channel name in the top right hand corner when the programme was on.
does this mean i am receiving these stations in HD??