Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Quote from: gallsman on September 07, 2018, 09:26:22 AM
Quote from: general_lee on September 07, 2018, 09:19:59 AM
Quote from: gallsman on September 06, 2018, 06:41:58 PM
Quote from: general_lee on September 06, 2018, 04:21:28 PM
Quote from: gallsman on September 06, 2018, 04:13:12 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 06, 2018, 04:12:13 PM
Who was yer man on BBCNI news yesterday, Jesus he wasn't impressed.

Was it the CEO of Argento, the jewellery store that can't open? Saw him on the BBC website.
My heart bleeds for this poor millionaire

Maybe you could consider the employment and well-being of the employees in the store, genius.
They've been relocated, I don't see the big deal. It's four months. Not ideal, but tearing down what's left of one the city's most iconic buildings so they can get back to trading ASAP would be a much greater shame.

You're on a roll. What about all the Zara staff? Have they been relocated too?
If there were fatalities would he have been so keen to rip what's left of it down? Apologies for caring about preserving what's left of Belfast's built heritage. It's 4 f**king months. Again, I'm sure multinationals like Zara will cope

gallsman

Again you miss the point. What about their employees?

I'm sure you'd be happy to be out of a job for 4 months.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Armamike on September 07, 2018, 09:30:20 AM
His anger is understandable.  Pete Boyle started Argento from nothing (a market stall).  Like many others he would have built his business with a lot of blood, sweat and tears and a lot of initiative.  He's a good guy who gives a lot back.  Why wouldn't he be frustrated if something outside of his control is threatening his business and the livelihood of his staff.

You obviously never worked for him, or watched him in action with any managers who displeased him!

screenexile

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on September 07, 2018, 06:42:19 PM
Quote from: Armamike on September 07, 2018, 09:30:20 AM
His anger is understandable.  Pete Boyle started Argento from nothing (a market stall).  Like many others he would have built his business with a lot of blood, sweat and tears and a lot of initiative.  He's a good guy who gives a lot back.  Why wouldn't he be frustrated if something outside of his control is threatening his business and the livelihood of his staff.

You obviously never worked for him, or watched him in action with any managers who displeased him!

Read all about it . . . Boss gives out to employees shocker!!!

general_lee

Quote from: gallsman on September 07, 2018, 05:33:34 PM

What about them? 0 hour contracts and minimum wage? How many of the 300 staff are full time? They're being paid for the rest of the year regardless. Tearing the thing down and rebuilding isn't exactly an overnight job either

gallsman

Quote from: general_lee on September 07, 2018, 09:28:24 PM
Quote from: gallsman on September 07, 2018, 05:33:34 PM

What about them? 0 hour contracts and minimum wage? How many of the 300 staff are full time? They're being paid for the rest of the year regardless. Tearing the thing down and rebuilding isn't exactly an overnight job either

What, all the employees in the 14 businesses that can't trade are being paid to the end of the year?

You know this how exactly?

RedHand88

Saw a tour guide with a bunch of rain soaked Americans the other day at the top of Donegall place pointing down the street saying "this is Belfasts biggest shopping street, we will meet back here in an hour".
She was deadly serious too. I pitied them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 12, 2018, 08:54:54 AM
Saw a tour guide with a bunch of rain soaked Americans the other day at the top of Donegall place pointing down the street saying "this is Belfasts biggest shopping street, we will meet back here in an hour".

Victoria Square would be the biggest shopping area in Belfast, well the area with the most amount of retailers and decent places to eat!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 12, 2018, 09:02:49 AM

Victoria Square would be the biggest shopping area in Belfast, well the area with the most amount of retailers and decent places to eat!

that's gonna change soon, "Royal Exchange", the area from Royal Avenue round to North Street and Donegall Street, will be given the go ahead to be redeveloped. this will involve lots of demolition, realigning roads and rebuilding

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tyrdub on September 12, 2018, 09:06:54 AM

that's gonna change soon, "Royal Exchange", the area from Royal Avenue round to North Street and Donegall Street, will be given the go ahead to be redeveloped. this will involve lots of demolition, realigning roads and rebuilding

Aye heard about that, badly needed in that area, and then they can take those dirt bags off the streets..

Had an incident with a pair of them yesterday in my branch, I was in the kitchen area and heard the door opening, thought it was the postman dropping off mail, looks round and two cracked out alcoholics where checking the rooms and looking for gods knows what! Had to remove them, could have got nasty but I was lucky enough that they left with little fuss, but I did have to phyiscally usher them out!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

HiMucker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 12, 2018, 09:57:33 AM

Aye heard about that, badly needed in that area, and then they can take those dirt bags off the streets..

Had an incident with a pair of them yesterday in my branch, I was in the kitchen area and heard the door opening, thought it was the postman dropping off mail, looks round and two cracked out alcoholics where checking the rooms and looking for gods knows what! Had to remove them, could have got nasty but I was lucky enough that they left with little fuss, but I did have to phyiscally usher them out!
What a show of humanity  ::)

trailer

Quote from: HiMucker on September 12, 2018, 10:16:08 AM

What should he have done?

imtommygunn

House of fraser going away will fairly dent victoria square too.

The city centre is a mess at the minute. Made it down castle street the other day - those businesses are not doing too well down there by the sounds of it and there certainly weren't too many about.

HiMucker

Quote from: trailer on September 12, 2018, 10:21:53 AM

Maybe just do the above without referring to alcoholics as "dirt bags"? Also I have never had any interaction with street alcoholics and my first thought was that I am lucky it didnt turn nasty. Generally its more like I am lucky not to be in their shoes.

Keyser soze

Quote from: HiMucker on September 12, 2018, 11:01:49 AM
Quote from: trailer on September 12, 2018, 10:21:53 AM

Maybe just do the above without referring to alcoholics as "dirt bags"? Also I have never had any interaction with street alcoholics and my first thought was that I am lucky it didnt turn nasty. Generally its more like I am lucky not to be in their shoes.

Maybe he was referring to them as dirtbags because they came onto his premises looking to steal whatever they could!!