Tailteann Cup 2022

Started by twohands!!!, April 24, 2022, 07:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Rossfan

Great excitement in Carrick but Sligo should have wrapped it up in normal time.
A load of wides and conceding last 4 scores.
I'd say they're damn glad they have 2 weeks to next game.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

FermGael

Where to start on that display.
Cavan by far the better team.
Yet again we concede a goal from the throw in.
I think that's the third or fourth this year.
Got our match ups wrong in the first 15 minutes and Cavan got off to a real flyer .
Battled back well after we made some positional switches to be only 2 points down and then conceded another awful goal
After that we just didn't count..
Cavan twice went down to 14 men with black cards and we didn't do anything with the extra man.  In fact they second time they outscored us.
We hit an awful lot of bad wides and most of our key men were kept very quiet.

Cavan were much sharper and will be hard stopped
They look a class above ( as hard as it is for me to type those words )
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

SLIGONIAN

I am delighted that we are in the semi-final and our players get to experience Croke Park.

Make no mistake Leitrim were atrocious, I have never seen a team give away such cheap turnovers consistently and give us that much space in the middle third. On the Sligo hand, I have never seen us make such hard work of winning (although it was a draw) when you are about 7/8 pts better team. I know the Leitrim disallowed goal should have stood so that's tough on them but 17 wides, 3/4 dropped shorts 3 clear goal chances all missed made it close.

We are masters of self-sabotage sometimes and my feet remain very much on the ground after that. I did have one continuous thought throughout the match in that we have beaten Leitrim underage teams convincingly and consistently last 15 years and we still end up not being that far ahead at senior. Shows all the underage success not counting for much. I have a lot of other serious thoughts on that but I'll keep them for another day.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Itchy

Strong solid display for Cavan in Brewster today. Thomas Galligan stomping around knocking fellas like skittles is a sight to behold. Our lads looked well up for it and stormed into an early lead but then we seemed to ease off and Fermanagh got themselves back into it only to concede a goal you might see at an U12 game where Fermanagh full back couldn't pick the ball up allowing galligan to poke it to Faulkner to goal.
Fermanagh stuck at it and I expected a big push from them in the 2nd half as there were only 4 points on it but it never happened which is a bit of a mystery. That allowed Cavan to canter to the finish line and over all the years we've never had such a comfortable win against Fermanagh. Happy enough with the display, on to the semi.

Westside

Good win for Cavan and much more comfortable than expected. Fermanagh fought back after an initial burst by Cavan and I thought we were in for the usual arm wrestle to the finish.
Fermanagh were so sloppy though and Cavans second goal came against the run of play and Fermanagh kicked 4 wides in a row after it and it sapped the life out of them.
Cavan managed the game well and spent 20 minutes of the game with 14 men.

Thomas Galligan looked like a men amongst boys today, his strength and power on a different level and hes a marvellous footballer on top of that. Gearoid kicked into life after Quigley bizzarely came out the field to rip his jersey in the first half. He looks like a man determined to finish his Cavan career on a high.

Not a vintage display from Cavan by any means, lots to improve on for Croke Park in 2 weeks time.

Dreadnought

Westmeath v Offaly
Sligo v Cavan

As we all expected I think...

Blowitupref

Sunday July 19th both in Croke Park live on RTE

1:45pm Sligo v Cavan
4pm Westmeath v Offaly

25 euro for tickets and it looks like only the lower Hogan stand will be open in unreserved tickets.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

snoopdog

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 06, 2022, 02:26:51 PM
Sunday July 19th both in Croke Park live on RTE

1:45pm Sligo v Cavan
4pm Westmeath v Offaly

25 euro for tickets and it looks like only the lower Hogan stand will be open in unreserved tickets.
I'd say the good people of all 4  ounces would rather a neutral stadium near to both at 15 euro entry.  A secondary  competition with Sam maguire prices.

Itchy

Disappointing that kids aren't free, it would have meant a decent crowd, I can see families staying away to some extent

For pricing had been as follows

Rd 1 - adult 15e, children  free
Rd 2 - adult 20e, children 5e
Semi - adult 15e, children 5e

Seems a bit all over the shop and unplanned.

Westside

Think adults are 25 Itchy. It's an expensive day out for a family. They'll be lucky to see 20,000 at this. It's a good carrot for the players but it will be a sad looking scene in Croker.

Itchy

Quote from: Westside on June 10, 2022, 10:02:32 PM
Think adults are 25 Itchy. It's an expensive day out for a family. They'll be lucky to see 20,000 at this. It's a good carrot for the players but it will be a sad looking scene in Croker.

Is it! The GAA really shooting themselves in the foot. Even if they kept it down for the 1st year to promote it and get it off the ground.

From the Bunker

The GAA are in trouble on the football side of things revenue-wise. Prices in the Tailteann are hoped to re-coup some revenue.

Cunny Funt

Saturday July 9th the final set for in Croke Park, at 3pm

On before the senior semi final Galway or Armagh v Derry or Clare, at 5.30pm

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 12, 2022, 11:04:40 AM
The GAA are in trouble on the football side of things revenue-wise. Prices in the Tailteann are hoped to re-coup some revenue.
They're not going to recover much at the Tailteann semis anyway.