Tailteann Cup 2022

Started by twohands!!!, April 24, 2022, 07:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Who would have thought that the 2 Ulster teams would be drawn against each other, its a real shock.

Dreadnought

So Leitrim v Sligo, Fermanagh v Cavan, Carlow v Westmeath, and Offaly v New York. North section as you'd expect, it was always going to happen that these would draw each other

Dreadnought

Quote from: Itchy on May 30, 2022, 08:45:51 AM
Who would have thought that the 2 Ulster teams would be drawn against each other, its a real shock.

Huge shock. Imagine all 4 teams are looking forward to these new and novel pairings

Westside

Quote from: Westside on May 29, 2022, 08:11:56 PM
Is it an open draw for the Semi Final or is it one North v one South?

I predict shenanigans tomorrow and Cavan drawing Fermanagh.

Predictable.

imtommygunn

Do New York come to Offaly?

Leitrim
Cavan
Westmeath
Offaly for me.

Fermanagh would be challengers but Longford seem poor this year and they seemed lucky enough to beat them. Sligo struggled with London too. (Though I have a feeling London are better than they used to be).

Dreadnought

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 30, 2022, 08:55:26 AM
Do New York come to Offaly?

Yes, they are travelling here regardless. That was the (silly) idea about bringing them in at this level. They will travel for every match, so if they win the QF, it gives them 2 weeks until the SF.

imtommygunn

Seems a bit silly.

Hard to see past Cavan winning this I would think.

marty34

Quote from: Westside on May 30, 2022, 08:49:31 AM

Predictable.

Very predictable indeed.

Dreadnought

Quote from: Westside on May 30, 2022, 08:49:31 AM

Predictable.

Some hot and cold balls used there!  ;)

Westside

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 30, 2022, 09:16:40 AM
Seems a bit silly.

Hard to see past Cavan winning this I would think.

There's never a lot between Cavan and Fermanagh. We'll be favourites but not overwhelmingly so. We look up for this competition and will want to pay Fermanagh back for last year's defeat. I still think it will be tight though.

FermGael

Last year Fermanagh got incredibly lucky against a very wasteful Cavan team in a Covid national League game with nobody there.

Was Riceys second and last win as a manager .

Ricey now with Cavan which will add to it.

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Farrandeelin

First has home advantage I take it?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Westside

Quote from: FermGael on May 30, 2022, 09:41:25 AM
Last year Fermanagh got incredibly lucky against a very wasteful Cavan team in a Covid national League game with nobody there.

To be fair, I don't think it could be described as incredibly lucky. Cavan were wasteful but Fermanagh were sharper on the day and fully deserved the win.

Different game this time around. Cavan over the post Ulster slump, there will likely be a healthy crowd.

Dreadnought

Quote from: Westside on May 30, 2022, 09:53:16 AM

To be fair, I don't think it could be described as incredibly lucky. Cavan were wasteful but Fermanagh were sharper on the day and fully deserved the win.

Different game this time around. Cavan over the post Ulster slump, there will likely be a healthy crowd.

It was Cavans first game back after lockdown. Fermanagh, being in the North, were out of lockdown over a month earlier, and had challenge matches, more collective training etc. James Smith was sent off, and Cavan were stone cold and got it hard to get up to speed. And we're still unlucky to lose. A Cavan up to speed right now should be different like you say.

Westside

Quote from: Dreadnought on May 30, 2022, 10:24:06 AM
Quote from: Westside on May 30, 2022, 09:53:16 AM

It was Cavans first game back after lockdown. Fermanagh, being in the North, were out of lockdown over a month earlier, and had challenge matches, more collective training etc. James Smith was sent off, and Cavan were stone cold and got it hard to get up to speed. And we're still unlucky to lose. A Cavan up to speed right now should be different like you say.

As I recall we started Oisin Brady, Paddy Lynch and Caoimhin McGovern for their league debuts, Thomas Galligan was injured too. We are in a much healthier place this time out.

Hopefully we get a Sunday game and a big Cavan crowd will travel with it being a BH weekend