Weather

Started by Lucius Fox, August 07, 2008, 02:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Weather grand today!

Finally got to get the paving around the house and patio done with a grass cutting! Drain and gutter cleaning done!

Thankfully can look out and not be embarrassed!!

Think the decking needs changed! Prices are through the roof for materials. That two days in summer you get to sit outside!! Sometimes ya wonder if it's worth it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Must be 8 months straight now of this. Took the day off to go cycling but you darnt go out that day.

illdecide

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 10, 2024, 09:22:35 AMMust be 8 months straight now of this. Took the day off to go cycling but you darnt go out that day.

I feel your pain...We're for Spain at end of the month (Cycling) and between a cold and a chest infection and the rain every other day it's impossible to plan anything or prepare properly for it.
We got a great last week of May and first week of June last year and I believe it has rained every other day since that
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tones

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 10, 2024, 09:22:35 AMMust be 8 months straight now of this. Took the day off to go cycling but you darnt go out that day.

Our tumble dryer has never seen so much action, no doubt in for a drowning on Sunday at the Armagh match too!

lurganblue

Golf memberships have been a waste of money

JimStynes

Quote from: lurganblue on April 10, 2024, 09:49:33 AMGolf memberships have been a waste of money

Lurgan closed flat out atm

johnnycool

Quote from: JimStynes on April 10, 2024, 10:45:57 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on April 10, 2024, 09:49:33 AMGolf memberships have been a waste of money

Lurgan closed flat out atm

Local links courses are fine.

armaghniac

the 19th hole has a roof.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Lubo Moravcik

Quote from: illdecide on April 10, 2024, 09:29:55 AM

I feel your pain...We're for Spain at end of the month (Cycling) and between a cold and a chest infection and the rain every other day it's impossible to plan anything or prepare properly for it.
We got a great last week of May and first week of June last year and I believe it has rained every other day since that

Mini heat wave at start of September as well but all bad since then

LC

https://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2024/0409/1442598-weather-mass/

Have to feel for the farmers at the minute whether it be trying to plant potatoes of those trying to lamb sheep.

A concerning fact when it is stating as less than 50 acres of the usual 21,000 acres have actually been planted so far.

No doubt we will see this in food prices later on in the year.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: LC on April 10, 2024, 03:20:07 PMhttps://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2024/0409/1442598-weather-mass/

Have to feel for the farmers at the minute whether it be trying to plant potatoes of those trying to lamb sheep.

A concerning fact when it is stating as less than 50 acres of the usual 21,000 acres have actually been planted so far.

It has been brutal for farmers and food producers. There have been very few dry spells at the back end of harvest last year and that is continuing into this year. It's mad how little crops have been planted yet and even if it stopped raining today it'll take a week of dry weather to get ground into any kind of shape that can be worked. Can't even get cattle out and lots getting it tight for fodder. There doesn't appear to be any spell of dry weather in the forecast for the next week to 10 days. 

RedHand88

Went out cycling anyway. It felt like a winters day. Wet cold mucky. In mid April.

From the Bunker

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on April 10, 2024, 03:27:34 PM
Quote from: LC on April 10, 2024, 03:20:07 PMhttps://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2024/0409/1442598-weather-mass/

It has been brutal for farmers and food producers. There have been very few dry spells at the back end of harvest last year and that is continuing into this year. It's mad how little crops have been planted yet and even if it stopped raining today it'll take a week of dry weather to get ground into any kind of shape that can be worked. Can't even get cattle out and lots getting it tight for fodder. There doesn't appear to be any spell of dry weather in the forecast for the next week to 10 days. 

+1

seafoid

Orior

Unfortunately the same costs still occur irrespective of whether you get to play or not.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians