Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Quote from: screenexile on August 21, 2018, 11:06:50 PM
Quote from: michaelg on August 21, 2018, 06:45:15 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on August 21, 2018, 02:24:06 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 21, 2018, 12:21:37 PM
Quote from: Orior on August 21, 2018, 11:04:50 AM
Can anyone confirm or deny that there was "F*#% the pope" songs at Windsor Park on Saturday night?

To be fair anyone going to Windsor Park and getting offended by that type of chanting would need to take a look at themselves.

Spoke to numerous people who attended and heard the chanting inside but more so outside the ground.

Was to be expected. Along with the usual stand up for the ulster men chant that fairly splits the audience.

Thought Frampton looked sharp tbh, even taking into consideration his opponent.  I'd expect him to have too much for Warrington.
Unbelievable Jeff.  In similar news, I was mortally offended by the repeated Ole, Ole, Ole chants.

Indeed!! What exactly is offensive about Stand up for the Ulstermen?

Where did i say i was offended? I'm not. I (along with many of the spectators) just dont stand up and join in. hence it seems to split the audience.

bennydorano

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 22, 2018, 08:06:41 AM
Fury isn't a bug one punch knock out artist but he still stops a lot of fighters.  Chisora is a tough man but look at the hiding Fury gave him in their second fight.  Before the weekend I thought it would be too early for Fury and it would be better if he had another 2 fights, but as has been well documented it will likely be the guts of 18/24 months before he gets another shot at Wilder so he has to take it now.  He will beat Wilder too.
Wilder is definitely vulnerable, Ortiz had Wilder in bother shortly before he got stopped but he could punch, Fury's lack of relative power will be exposed here I think, he can paw and slap all he wants but Wilder will walk through those shots and ultimately chin him.

Don Johnson

Has anyone seen Nathan Cleverly's twitter feed lately? Something not right with him.

https://twitter.com/NathanClev

nrico2006

Quote from: bennydorano on August 22, 2018, 11:13:22 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 22, 2018, 08:06:41 AM
Fury isn't a bug one punch knock out artist but he still stops a lot of fighters.  Chisora is a tough man but look at the hiding Fury gave him in their second fight.  Before the weekend I thought it would be too early for Fury and it would be better if he had another 2 fights, but as has been well documented it will likely be the guts of 18/24 months before he gets another shot at Wilder so he has to take it now.  He will beat Wilder too.
Wilder is definitely vulnerable, Ortiz had Wilder in bother shortly before he got stopped but he could punch, Fury's lack of relative power will be exposed here I think, he can paw and slap all he wants but Wilder will walk through those shots and ultimately chin him.

Fury is a far more polished technician who is not as easy to hit clean as is made out.  He switches stances, makes use of his reach, his weight and his stance is frequently narrow and he employs the shoulder roll to deflect most meaningful punches coming his way.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bennydorano

He's also been on the sauce for 3 years of his prime and fought 2 dummies in preparation. Collosall step up in class. I wouldn't fancy the Fury of 3 years ago never mind this version.

nrico2006

Nuts. Saw something as mad the other week, Scottish boxer Lee McAllister jumping up 5 divisions to knock Danny Williams out.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/boxing/44997688
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Syferus

KSI and Logan Paul drew..

Boycey

gallsman

gallsman

nrico2006

I said years ago that the only thing that beats GGG at MW is age or size. Spike O'Sullivan fighting too, has been outclassed big time any time he has fought top level opponents in the past.

charlieTully

is the draw at 20s worth a punt?

BennyHarp

Mayweather reckons he's making a come back to fight Pac-Man. It's nearly as if he is deliberately trying to piss off Amir Khan.  ;D
That was never a square ball!!

Boycey

Only fight left for Khan is Kell Brook?

Anyone know what time Spike is in the ring at?