Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ose 14

garvaghey is the problem here it cant pay for itself. wheres the true cost figures its all a bit hush hush. garvaghey needs a bigger percentage of overall income. will mickey take a pay cut if hes given a further contract? if only tyrone had beaten dublin.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: hardstation on February 24, 2017, 11:43:56 PM
I remember at one stage last year, it was reported on this board that a bus was taking students from Belfast up and down to Garvaghey for Tyrone senior men & ladies training. The bus took them back to Belfast the same night but the ladies had to wait on the bus while the lads went in and got their dinner after training. I don't remember such an outrage.

Our association and players have lost the run of themselves completely.

Ladies football is played in front of a handful of people.

It requires nowhere near the levels of commitment and dedication of senior intercounty football.

I wonder do ladies teams at club level get as well looked after as their male counterparts. Highly unlikely.

Bring back club football

Quote from: redzone on February 24, 2017, 05:59:26 PM
Quote from: Napper on February 24, 2017, 02:11:27 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on February 24, 2017, 12:27:11 PM
Quote from: Napper on February 24, 2017, 08:11:33 AM
Quote from: redzone on February 23, 2017, 09:25:41 PM
Fair play to her, keeping a rein on the purse strings. That's part of her job u t**ts. Just cause other counties are spending foolishly doesn't mean we have to as well. Who ever send that email needs a good kicking. The players will be fuming as will Harte, ure right there.

Fair play to her? Really? Ask the Galbally club what they think of her. She sided with the Ulster council in hiding the fact that the Galbally lad was innocent of giving the Donegal player stick about his deceased father. Just to keep Donegal happy. She should have got the road then. U21
Management reappointment, Harte reapportionment... she's not up to it

I heard from the start the lad hadn't said anything to the donegal player regards the passing of his father (something I always thought would be a strange thing to hear about or find out about) but I always wondered why I hadn't heard much in terms of an apology to tyrone or the Galbally lad.  Therefore if what you are saying is true it's absolutely ridiculous and disgraceful on her part.....

Say nothing and it will go away. A behind the doors carve up which Roisin Jordan agreed to but didn't let Galbally know or the lad at the centre of the allegations. That's why Galbally were so unhappy. Rotten action. If the news hadn't of got out the Galbally lad would still have it hanging over his head.

Your talking shite now napper. Shit stirrer is all you are

It's 100% true that when further information leaked out around that handlin that the Galbally club was quite rightly rippin and so much so they asked for emergency county board meeting. Tyrone threw all the people implicated under the bus on that one. Disgraceful.

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 24, 2017, 07:17:00 PM
Obviously I'm not in possession of what exactly has gone on but I would be of the view that no player should be out of pocket for playing for his county. It is Roisin Jordan and the county board's job to ensure that the expenses are covered. Tyrone's expenses (latest figures i could find in 2015 http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/cost-of-running-county-teams-at-record-levels-34513426.html) were less than Down, Monaghan, Donegal, Derry, Armagh and 21 other counties, so the players aren't taking the piss. If the county board of a county as large as Tyrone can't source the finances to cover this, without charging the players (which is the lazy, can't be arsed to think of another way, option) then Roisin needs to take a look at her own ability to do her job.

In a previous post I stated it's a fact that underage players have had to pay for things in the past while representing Tyrone. That is 100% fact. I don't need a lecture on the volunteer ethos - I've been a volunteer in my club for all my life and am not of the opinion that money should be thrown at our county players but what really goes on behind the scenes up in Garvaghey is far removed from what the majority think.

Quote from: ose 14 on February 24, 2017, 09:40:03 PM
garvaghey is the problem here it cant pay for itself. wheres the true cost figures its all a bit hush hush. garvaghey needs a bigger percentage of overall income. will mickey take a pay cut if hes given a further contract? if only tyrone had beaten dublin.

Now your talkin !!

And it'll get far worse when they build this new bit to make up for the complete balls up made the first time.

RedHandTom

The media coverage over the last few days is embarressing. I don't think its going to end here either. The bit Im struggling with is, would a senior player really write to a radio station?? I have my doubts and would be suspicious about the whole thing.

As for our county boards handling of the sledging allegation with Donegal. Horrible stuff. We basically accepted a sweep it under the carpet solution by the ulster council which means most neutrals still believe it happened, or no smoke without fire, as it was put to me on a few occasions.

southtyronegael

RHTOM, what is ur suspicion? do you think a tyrone senior player actually sent this email?

RedHandTom

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 25, 2017, 11:10:57 PM
RHTOM, what is ur suspicion? do you think a tyrone senior player actually sent this email?

I've nothing to base this on but my gut instinct tells me that no player sent an email. There are factions at county board level and I suspect this could be one of them trying to stir it up and expose things that are normally kept quiet.

southtyronegael

and who could possibly benefit from this smear campaign against county board, roisin jordan?

barelegs

Quote from: RedHandTom on February 25, 2017, 11:25:43 PM

I've nothing to base this on but my gut instinct tells me that no player sent an email. There are factions at county board level and I suspect this could be one of them trying to stir it up and expose things that are normally kept quiet.

The Newstalk report specifically said it was verified with a phone call to a member of the panel. There's no reason to doubt that. I know I heard of similar reports especially regarding mileage rates and expenses going back 4-5 years. It is odd that Jordan in particular was mentioned, I'd have thought the Treasurer might have taken more off the stick

Norf Tyrone

This is all well and good, but people will sneer, bitch and comment. Then come AGM time there will be no opposition to any of the main roles.

People cried and moaned about fixtures last year. Come December and the County AGM the best person available for the job was elected.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

lenny

Quote from: barelegs on February 25, 2017, 11:51:19 PM

The Newstalk report specifically said it was verified with a phone call to a member of the panel. There's no reason to doubt that. I know I heard of similar reports especially regarding mileage rates and expenses going back 4-5 years. It is odd that Jordan in particular was mentioned, I'd have thought the Treasurer might have taken more off the stick

I can't understand why the players are complaining, lots of club players have to make a contribution towards the cost of the manager. With the size of the backroom team there are obviously big salaries (expenses) to be paid.

Localexpert

Omagh pitch let's us all down again ...... ::)

RedHandTom

Quote from: Localexpert on February 26, 2017, 04:48:31 PM
Omagh pitch let's us all down again ...... ::)

Its beyond a joke at this stage. Far too many big games called off in Healy cos of a drop of rain.

bogball88

Quote from: lenny on February 26, 2017, 07:47:53 AM
Quote from: barelegs on February 25, 2017, 11:51:19 PM

I can't understand why the players are complaining, lots of club players have to make a contribution towards the cost of the manager. With the size of the backroom team there are obviously big salaries (expenses) to be paid.
Wholly concur

rrhf

On the face of it it looks a token gesture from the players, and much appreciated. Very few primadonnas I'd imagine. Nobody ever asks the costs of being a supporter of county or and club Gaa. Damn expensive!

Take Your Points

An article which appears to explain financial problems but then goes into the area of player issues..........

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/money-isnt-everything-but-it-would-damn-help-tyrone-face-150000-postbrexit-extra-bill-for-training-centre-35488469.html