Previous topic - Next topic

the destroyer

too many people r jokers on this gaa board

heurebag

totally agree too many people think there funny

thedestroyer

yep totally agree , while amount of bull shiters on this gaa board

Orior

Are you guys serious, or having a laugh?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

orangeman

ExiledGael

Sitting beside eachother giggling I'd say

Farrandeelin

What on Earth has this got to do with GAA? God help the teachers if this is the spelling that we have to put up with. Either that, or they don't give spelling tests.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

The Police

This is The Police.

The grammar on here is despicable. I may have to nick a few. There should be a question mark in the title for starters.

I want no trouble here. 

heurebag

i dont go to school, i was born in th jungle

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Fear ón Srath Bán

Perhaps not so much the jokers, but the one-liner post-click merchants... hmmm... and just not to be sure I'm not being pro-County here: orangeman, ziggy, hardstation: you lads are amongst the worst offenders. It's supposed to be a discussion board, not a competition to see who's rate of posting is the greatest; or whose overall total surpasses all others. A little bit of substance to what's posted now and again won't go amiss.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

stephenite

Quote from: hardstation on October 12, 2007, 01:10:26 AM
but merely added a bit of craic and humour

A quick read through your most recent posts certainly disprove that assertion in my opinion, however people are in general free to post what they want. In Hardstations case, I just don't bother reading any of it these days, if he makes a comment on a thread I simply don't read it.

Puckoon

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 12, 2007, 12:44:51 AM
Perhaps not so much the jokers, but the one-liner post-click merchants... hmmm... and just not to be sure I'm not being pro-County here: orangeman, ziggy, hardstation: you lads are amongst the worst offenders. It's supposed to be a discussion board, not a competition to see who's rate of posting is the greatest; or whose overall total surpasses all others. A little bit of substance to what's posted now and again won't go amiss.

Fear, of almost all the posters here, I have the greatest respect for yours. That said, I think you are being a little harsh on the boys above.
Think of it as a pub/community/discussion board,  whatever you want - and add in all the cliches you can think of:
Familiarity breeds contempt
Variety is the spice of life
One mans meat is another mans poison
so on and so forth.
It takes all shapes and sizes to make this board work. I for one would rather read a million posts of ziggys or scrawl through 100 smart emoticons than read for example ANY of the really serious threads that become stagnant (the Denationalisation of the irish rugby thread particularly gets me), especially those where the poor horse is dead after the first 20 posts, and then continues to be flogged for months and months by the same lads. Some of these posters cant even wait for a response to their initial post, and so they post and post and post after themselves. Yet, I dont start a thread asking if they are ruining the board, nor do I name them.
I realise Im highlighting the two extremes - but I think you can get my drift. Each of the named and shamed members you highlighted do contribute solid substance to the discussions of interest to them. In the interim, they entertain themselves, and many of the rest of us.  Its harmless and its fun, and when it steps out of line, the moderators are here to regulate. It really is one of the less wasteful/dangerous/offensive discussion board crimes to post a little fun now and then. Its easy enough to not read it, so Id expect a man of your calibre to be able to pick and choose, and move on to greener pastures (in terms of threads, dont leave the board) if things arent to your taste.

A more dissapointing note is that a thread of this nature goes unregulated, and trawls posters like yourself into a net where no one wins and regular posters could potentially end up bickering among themselves instead of ignoring such tripe.

new devil

Isn't hardstation the c**k who was giving updates from match of the day?? think some people just don't have much else going on in there life's so they just hang out here...we should feel sorry for them not frown upon them

new devil

:-[ :-[ got stuck on match...but spell check helped me out
What part of the world are you in hardstation?