Portarlington v The Harps
Portlaoise v Barrowhouse
Killeshin v Graiguecullen
O'Dempsey's v Camross
Spink v Ballyroan-Abbey
Kilcavan v Park-Ratheniska
Ballylinan v Castletown
Stradbally v The Heath
I'll predict wins for Port, Barrowhouse, O'Dempseys, BA, PR, Castletown and Heath.

Rusty

Ballyroan had a very good junior team out against Spink today

Silkyskillssunshinee

I seen Stradbally just fell short of neighbours The Heath in their match. Sure 49 points is just a kick of a ball really  :D ;D

High Fielder

A frightening scoreline really. I'm not sure how it's even possible for a team to get beaten by 49 points. Maybe I'm being unfair. Was there a good reason does anyone know?

Helix.

Quote from: High Fielder on July 29, 2019, 03:39:00 PM
A frightening scoreline really. I'm not sure how it's even possible for a team to get beaten by 49 points. Maybe I'm being unfair. Was there a good reason does anyone know?

Depleted team from last year. Between missing 7 off last year's senior team and whoever went up to senior on Friday night aswell as injuries. That team they put out would struggle to win a junior c match let alone junior A. At least they fulfilled the fixture. I see Graiguecullen's second team conceded to Killeshin. The Heath have a decent junior team though will struggle to meet the 1st teams ability and realistically lose 1-2 off senior team.

I see Cathal Og Greene back for Park Ratheniska. A massive addition for that level. I'd be very surprised if they didn't win it this year. They threw away chance vs Annanough last year.

BallyroanAbu

I'd give us a good chance of making semi final unlikely to lose many to Senior.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: Helix. on July 29, 2019, 04:08:36 PM
Quote from: High Fielder on July 29, 2019, 03:39:00 PM

Depleted team from last year. Between missing 7 off last year's senior team and whoever went up to senior on Friday night aswell as injuries. That team they put out would struggle to win a junior c match let alone junior A. At least they fulfilled the fixture. I see Graiguecullen's second team conceded to Killeshin. The Heath have a decent junior team though will struggle to meet the 1st teams ability and realistically lose 1-2 off senior team.

I see Cathal Og Greene back for Park Ratheniska. A massive addition for that level. I'd be very surprised if they didn't win it this year. They threw away chance vs Annanough last year.

Park-Ratheniska look the the team to beat alright. Saying that, they have failed to get over line at this grade for the last four years or so. It will be interesting to see if they can come out on top of any matches that go down to the wire.

I wouldn't write off Kilcavan just yet, but Barrowhouse look like they've fallen back a bit. The Harps have a few decent players, but will focus on the hurling later in the summer and football will take a hit.

I feel a bit sorry for Robert Tyrell. A terrific talent that is being wasted at a hurling club that barely tolerates football in Camross. If he is to play football for Laois at Senior level he will need to be competing in the Senior championship. I wouldn't be an advocate for transfers, but in this case it might be necessary.

Of the second teams, O'Dempsey's, Portarlington, Ballyroan Abbey and The Heath look best placed to challenge. Even though it's hard to know how strong The Heath are considering how poor the opposition was in round one.

SCFC

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on July 30, 2019, 12:51:45 AM
I feel a bit sorry for Robert Tyrell. A terrific talent that is being wasted at a hurling club that barely tolerates football in Camross. If he is to play football for Laois at Senior level he will need to be competing in the Senior championship. I wouldn't be an advocate for transfers, but in this case it might be necessary.
They love their football in Camross...  ::)

The PRO

Ogie Greene is a huge boost for Park Ratheniska. And young Brian Dunne looks a big find along with the lad who transferred from Waterford. I can't seem them slipping up this year.
Amazed at the Barrowhouse result though. Portlaoise's third team really shouldn't be turning them over. They are a club I have great time for and they've been badly treated in relation to player poaching. Hard to keep things going really but I know they will.

on the hop

would tyrell not look for a move to the nearest senior team which I think is ballyfin, he would be a great fit with portlaoise.  :)

SCFC

Quote from: on the hop on July 30, 2019, 06:21:53 PM
would tyrell not look for a move to the nearest senior team which I think is ballyfin, he would be a great fit with portlaoise.  :)
Portlaoise would not be a good move for Robert. He might not make their team. Ballyfin might work but I'm not convinced as to their future in senior football.

Joeythelips

It is not good to see hammerings at any level but if any team is missing a few of its main players for whatever reason it's going to struggle badly. I'm from Kilcavan and down the years like any club with a small pick we would struggle if we missed 1 or 2 but if we lost 3 or more of our main players we would be open to a bad beating.

High Fielder

Quote from: SCFC on July 30, 2019, 06:48:19 PM
Quote from: on the hop on July 30, 2019, 06:21:53 PM
Portlaoise would not be a good move for Robert. He might not make their team. Ballyfin might work but I'm not convinced as to their future in senior football.

He'd make the team alright.

Jd

Donal Miller Niall Donoher Fergal Byron Derek O Connell Darren Rooney all kicked with intermediate/ junior clubs. If tyrrell is good enough he'll be fine. Doubt if he'd be allowed transfer to Pl anyway