Started by Gold, April 04, 2017, 08:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 05, 2017, 12:00:45 AM
Quote from: Hardy on April 04, 2017, 11:48:33 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on April 04, 2017, 09:08:36 PM
Quote from: Hardy on April 04, 2017, 08:20:17 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on April 04, 2017, 07:46:44 PM
Look at the finals Kerry won and lost over that period. All close games were lost!

:D :D
Wind-up of the week.

Well played Colm Cooper - one of the best I've seen.

Don't believe that Gooch hid in big games, however, this statement is pretty close to the truth. Outside of the 2014 final when Durkan handed the game to them Kerry haven't won a close final since the 90s.

... or in other words, Kerry, when they don't win, lose only narrowly.

..........or in other words they lose tight games.

OK. I understand. They'd be a better team if they lost by more.

The Stallion

"Yer hole!! What cowardly treatment???"

Sly digs, constant slabbering from the usual suspects etc. The sort of unmanly stuff some players do when they know they're afraid of not being able to match an opponent playing the game fairly.

mouview

Quote from: 5 Sams on April 05, 2017, 08:19:22 AM
Panic over lads...Breheny has it all sorted out.... :-\ :-\

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/martin-breheny-why-colm-cooper-is-the-fifth-greatest-forward-of-them-all-35594573.html

F&ck sake. Moderate talents like Brogan, Giles, McHugh, Rock, Tompkins, Keaveney ahead of the likes of Ja or Ml. Donnellan?

Jinxy

All those lads were winners, not fancy dans.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mouview

You can be both you know! :-)

Hardy

Ah now Padraig Brogan was a hell of a player.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 05, 2017, 09:36:15 AM
Not a peep out of the GPA wishing the Gooch well in his retirement. Stems back to Cooper sticking to the Lucozade Sport when the GPA were pushing Club Energise and Donal Og was threatening to throw the Lucozades out of the Cork dressing room if the county board pushed them in. Very petty on the GPAs behalf compared to when other greats of the games who were company men retired. Then again a Leopard doesn't change its spots.

Either we have some GPA lurkers or the Fancy Bears are at it again https://twitter.com/gaelicplayers/status/849570630001463296
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

thebuzz

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 05, 2017, 03:18:29 PM
Not a peep out of the GPA wishing the Gooch well in his retirement. Stems back to Cooper sticking to the Lucozade Sport when the GPA were pushing Club Energise and Donal Og was threatening to throw the Lucozades out of the Cork dressing room if the county board pushed them in. Very petty on the GPAs behalf compared to when other greats of the games who were company men retired. Then again a Leopard doesn't change its spots.

Either we have some GPA lurkers or the Fancy Bears are at it again https://twitter.com/gaelicplayers/status/849570630001463296

The time on the message says 3:33 am - 5 Apr 2017 but that could be a server time in the US. If the time is correct they tweeted before the above message was written.

thebuzz

Quote from: thebuzz on April 05, 2017, 03:34:11 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 05, 2017, 03:18:29 PM

The time on the message says 3:33 am - 5 Apr 2017 but that could be a server time in the US. If the time is correct they tweeted before the above message was written.

It also says 4h at the top which means it was written more recently after all  :) :)

Avondhu star

Quote from: The Stallion on April 05, 2017, 11:29:55 AM
"Yer hole!! What cowardly treatment???"

Sly digs, constant slabbering from the usual suspects etc. The sort of unmanly stuff some players do when they know they're afraid of not being able to match an opponent playing the game fairly.

In other words the stuff Deenihan, Galvin, O Mahony and the O Se's got up to and away with
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

The Stallion

You can use other words if you want but I was specifically referring to the cowardly treatment dished out to Cooper in the 2005 final.

imtommygunn

Judy murray - that is a strange one.

I think he was better in the air than given credit for. Thankfully managed to see him in the flesh though only once. Even though kerry were stuffed that day still a joy to watch.

I womder will he ever tell us what happened his eye in 05??

phpearse

QuoteI womder will he ever tell us what happened his eye in 05??

No need I can tell you exactly what happened. I was sitting in the front row of the Davin stand top deck just to the left of the posts. McConnell was out at the edge of the small square and Ricey was out a bit further. Cooper was in on the end line and making shapes to dart one way or the other. McConnell was looking over both shoulders to see which way Cooper was going to make his run and then made himself big by holding out both arms and as Cooper made a run past his right he must have caught the edge of McConnell's glove. Ricey was nowhere the place. Umpires saw all and no action was needed.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hardy on April 05, 2017, 11:28:33 AM
Look at the finals Kerry won and lost over that period. All close games were lost!

Wind-up of the week.

Don't believe that Gooch hid in big games, however, this statement is pretty close to the truth. Outside of the 2014 final when Durkan handed the game to them Kerry haven't won a close final since the 90s.

No they'd be better if they won even one tight final.

Hardy

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 05, 2017, 09:22:59 PM
Quote from: Hardy on April 05, 2017, 11:28:33 AM

Wind-up of the week.

No they'd be better if they won even one tight final.

OK. I'm getting the hang of it. Winning by a lot is a sign of a bad team.