" And why does one call it the Hogan Stand?"

More likely: "Why does one sit in a stand?"
MWWSI 2017

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Tubberman

Quote from: Gaffer on April 07, 2011, 07:33:59 PM

"And how many decades ago was that? What terrible times. Thank God they're in the past and we can all move on."
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Tubberman on April 07, 2011, 07:44:51 PM

"And how many decades ago was that? What terrible times. Thank God they're in the past and we can all move on."

And they tell us to get over the Civil War, a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 07, 2011, 07:47:37 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on April 07, 2011, 07:44:51 PM

And they tell us to get over the Civil War, a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Britain's case of 'divide and conquer' really has been a success for them I must say. ::)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

thejuice

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12992540

Its official we can blame the Brits for everything!!

QuoteDavid Cameron has suggested that Britain and the legacy of its empire was responsible for many of the world's historic problems. Answering questions from students in Pakistan on Tuesday, the prime minister said: "As with so many of the problems of the world, we are responsible for their creation in the first place."

As for Lizzy, she'll come, she'll go, being treated like any other head-of-state. This normalisation might even change the perception of the Republic and the GAA in the minds of some (however few) within the Unionist community. I think if Unionists can see that their traditions and culture can be respected then perhaps even a small chink of light may shine on the idea of a united Ireland. Small steps.

I know her presence there will be difficult for some and unlike some here who like to make judgements while living a safe distance from the six counties, I don't think its fair to be calling people backward, you don't know how they suffered or what they have seen.

How long before Mayo get over 1996?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Tubberman

Quote from: thejuice on April 07, 2011, 08:13:32 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12992540

Its official we can blame the Brits for everything!!

QuoteDavid Cameron has suggested that Britain and the legacy of its empire was responsible for many of the world's historic problems. Answering questions from students in Pakistan on Tuesday, the prime minister said: "As with so many of the problems of the world, we are responsible for their creation in the first place."

As for Lizzy, she'll come, she'll go, being treated like any other head-of-state. This normalisation might even change the perception of the Republic and the GAA in the minds of some (however few) within the Unionist community. I think if Unionists can see that their traditions and culture can be respected then perhaps even a small chink of light may shine on the idea of a united Ireland. Small steps.

I know her presence there will be difficult for some and unlike some here who like to make judgements while living a safe distance from the six counties, I don't think its fair to be calling people backward, you don't know how they suffered or what they have seen.

How long before Mayo get over 1996?

Hold on, I wasn't judging anyone or trying to suggest anyone is backward for having misgivings about this.
I was just giving my own opinion on it i.e. that they were terrible times, but a long time ago and I have decided to let that lie in the past and not get worked up about the visit (in general, not just to Croke Park).

Re 1996, we won't get over that until we've beaten Meath in a major championship game, and/or win the All-Ireland.
The ideal scenario is that we accomplish both on the same day  ;D
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

wanderer

At some stage people have to move on, and with recent events I for one think it can't be a bad thing. Even with an apology it wouldn't be enough for some

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ExiledGael

Quote from: ONeill on April 07, 2011, 07:25:45 PM
In the best traditions of our Association, we will extend a warm welcome to Croke Park - a Céad Míle Fáilte - to Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh, accompanied by the President and Dr. McAleese and Philip Jordan.

The GAA will be making no further comment.

Philly has had a lot on his mind lately.

ziggysego

Quote from: ExiledGael on April 07, 2011, 09:48:19 PM
Quote from: ONeill on April 07, 2011, 07:25:45 PM
In the best traditions of our Association, we will extend a warm welcome to Croke Park - a Céad Míle Fáilte - to Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh, accompanied by the President and Dr. McAleese and Philip Jordan.

The GAA will be making no further comment.

Philly has had a lot on his mind lately.

Yeah, internet rumours.
Testing Accessibility

Orangemac

Maybe they could be given a couple of Meath jerseys.

Whats the odds Philip comes out with 1 of his sensitive remarks?

ONeill

It'll be interesting to hear her thoughts on the Marsden incident.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.