Queen Elizabeth to visit Croke Park

Started by Eamonnca1, April 07, 2011, 05:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

GAA will welcome Queen Elizabeth to Croke Park during her state visit. Details at eleven.

gerry

Its a fecking disgrace it was bad enough with gstq being played a few years back. What next will the gaa do for a few cents.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Seamroga in exile

I guess I'll still go to games whether she comes to croker or not. No big deal really.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Orior

Will her host be telling her "And here m'am, is where your soldiers shot completely innocent Irishmen"?

Well, I hope she enjoys the trip. Imagine that one is visiting Croke Park and one has never been to Windsor Park. Does one not know the occupied six counties exist? Shame on you unionists!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rossfan

Will continue to support Gaelic games and hope to have good reasons to visit Croke Park many times in future years.
Meanwhile hopefully the visiting Head of State of a neighbouring island will offer an official apology for the behaviour of her Country's soldiery in Croke Pk in 1920.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

Quote from: Orior on April 07, 2011, 06:12:26 PM
Will her host be telling her "And here m'am, is where your soldiers shot completely innocent Irishmen"?

You think she is a dissident then?
MWWSI 2017

Denn Forever

Flags, hats or Headbands?

]

(sorry LL, couldn't resist)
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Eamonnca1

Let the past be the past.  The head of state of the country next door should be able to visit without it being a big deal.

Let's not forget, there's plenty of English and Scottish children playing Gaelic games nowadays. They're as much a part of the GAA as the rest of us.  Imagine one of them being disrespectful to our head of state over something that happened 80 odd years ago (before you were even born) and you'll start to see how silly you'd look if you did likewise.

SHEEDY

the head of the british armed forces being welcomed to croke park. think its a disgrace.
nil satis nisi optimum

Mike Sheehy

I am quite impressed with the GAA administrations ability to wind up the Nordies. They take it to a whole new level  ;D

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Its like Jurassic Park in here sometimes.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 07, 2011, 07:00:58 PM
Its like Jurassic Park in here sometimes.
+1

If Stephen Hawking wanted to prove that time travel was possible, he should have a look in here. Some people seem to be caught in a temporal rift where it's still 1920.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: muppet on April 07, 2011, 06:23:12 PM
Quote from: Orior on April 07, 2011, 06:12:26 PM

You think she is a dissident then?

True Muppet, the only Irishmen getting shot are by the filthy terrorist scum.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 07, 2011, 07:03:48 PM
If Stephen Hawking wanted to prove that time travel was possible, he should have a look in here. Some people seem to be caught in a temporal rift where it's still 1920.

We can do better than that - there are a whole bunch up here that think its still 1690!  ;D
i usse an speelchekor

ONeill

Full statement from the GAA:

The Gaelic Athletic Association has for well over a hundred years embodied and taken its stand with the mood of the nation, culturally, socially and politically. In unity with our players, administrators and supporters throughout the island and abroad, we were strongly committed advocates of the peace process, and we have welcomed, supported and celebrated the developing reconciliation which has resulted from the Good Friday Agreement and its endorsement by the people, North and South, in referenda.

We now welcome the further development of this process, and the consequential deepening of relationships, which will flow from the invitation by President McAleese to Queen Elizabeth to pay a State visit to Ireland. The GAA is pleased to have been asked to receive Queen Elizabeth, accompanied by President McAleese, at our headquarters in Croke Park and to showcase our stadium and facilities to the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and their accompanying party. We believe that this request reflects and acknowledges the special place of the GAA in the life and history of the nation.

We are confident that this historic visit to Croke Park will be welcomed by those who play, administer and support our games, at home and abroad, including of course throughout Britain. We hope also that it will encourage a greater interest and participation in our games by our fellow Irishmen and women of the Unionist tradition.

The visit to Croke Park will provide the Uachtarán of Cumann Lúthchleas Gael with the opportunity to convey to the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh a sense of the history and values of the Gaelic Athletic Association, and its unique and leading place in Irish society.

In the best traditions of our Association, we will extend a warm welcome to Croke Park - a Céad Míle Fáilte - to Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh, accompanied by the President and Dr. McAleese and Philip Jordan.

The GAA will be making no further comment.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.