Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Happy Christmas to all and here's to a good 2010!!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Mr. Pain

A Christmas Message From Mr. Pain

At this time of year Mr. Pain's  Paininis are snuggling up to a warm fire, drinking wine and eating turkey. Gifts are exchanged and kids make a hell of a lot of noise after Santy has arrived. A cold air sweeps outside and this year a white landscape blesses the day. It is a wonderful time of year for most but not for all.

Mr. Pain asks you to spare a thought for Mr. Pain himself. Today began like every other Christmas Day. Mrs. Pain got up early to sort out the turkey. The Paininis got their usual colouring book that came free with a magazine, or Santy if you wish. Great you would think. However, the Pain Dog hates Christmas. When you live in a council estate it is not very pleasant at Christmas. Mr. Pain is constantly bombarded with snowballs, usually with a stone hidden inside. One kid even threw a yellow snow ball which landed in Mr. Pain's mouth. The little trees outside the Pain residence were taken Christmas Eve and presumably placed in the homes of the unruly. Mrs. Pain burned the turkey as usual. That woman must have taken cookery classes from a bum and has the tenderness of Hollow Man. Dessert consisted of a small tub of Muller Rice or a Tangle Twister. Now, as the irked Pain-master-general sits in the cold his only respite is that Christmas is almost over.

So, Mr. Pain hopes that you all choke on your turkey sandwiches, especially Ballyhaise Man.

Christmas Rant Over!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

beer baron

At this time of year Mr. Pain's  Paininis are snuggling up to a warm fire, drinking wine and eating turkey. Gifts are exchanged and kids make a hell of a lot of noise after Santy has arrived. A cold air sweeps outside and this year a white landscape blesses the day. It is a wonderful time of year for most but not for all.

Mr. Pain asks you to spare a thought for Mr. Pain himself. Today began like every other Christmas Day. Mrs. Pain got up early to sort out the turkey. The Paininis got their usual colouring book that came free with a magazine, or Santy if you wish. Great you would think. However, the Pain Dog hates Christmas. When you live in a council estate it is not very pleasant at Christmas. Mr. Pain is constantly bombarded with snowballs, usually with a stone hidden inside. One kid even threw a yellow snow ball which landed in Mr. Pain's mouth. The little trees outside the Pain residence were taken Christmas Eve and presumably placed in the homes of the unruly. Mrs. Pain burned the turkey as usual. That woman must have taken cookery classes from a bum and has the tenderness of Hollow Man. Dessert consisted of a small tub of Muller Rice or a Tangle Twister. Now, as the irked Pain-master-general sits in the cold his only respite is that Christmas is almost over.

So, Mr. Pain hopes that you all choke on your turkey sandwiches, especially Ballyhaise Man.

Christmas Rant Over!

You living in kells?

beer baron

put-it-up

I think il join you in the beer mobile for a day trip to the pub/bookies!

Today is going to be my lucky day ;D

Dougal

some stuff i heard round the town last night.john lyng and rory donohue are moving to killygarry for next year.two very good club players.does anyone know,do either of them live in killygarry,or why they might be moving there?any other transfers?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Celt_Man

Quote from: Dougal on December 27, 2009, 01:18:14 PM
some stuff i heard round the town last night.john lyng and rory donohue are moving to killygarry for next year.two very good club players.does anyone know,do either of them live in killygarry,or why they might be moving there?any other transfers?

A pinch of salt is definitely required for all stories and rumours heard around this part of the year...

Celt_Man

Anyone else hear that the leagues are meant to be starting on the same date as this year??  End of February or so.... (Again see above post)

Dougal

lyng is a dead cert,i know the lad who signed his transfer papers well,and donohue wasnt invovled with belturbet this year and might be looking to play football again.il find out later on if the fixtures list has been sent out to the clubs

jonb_cúl

lyng leaving crosserlough, you sure???? that's a big loss for them, thats a few players they have lost now. some interesting appointments already, i know very little about any of the new faces but alot coming in from other counties, killygary going for 2 monaghan men, mullahorn gone for the fermanagh option.
any truth that pat holmes is heading to the gaels?
You can't win derbies with donkeys.
Babs Keating
Before Tipp played Cork in 1990.

tierworker blue

Hope ye all had a good Christmas folks...Happy New Year and all that jazz! Hopefully we'll see some improvements in 2010!

BallyhaiseMan

There must be serious problems in the Crosserlough club,
You had their best midfielder Declan Gaffney not playing for alot of the year in 2009,
Now John Lyng,a very good club footballer is leaving????
Add in their struggles this year,and questions must surely be asked.
Their is alot of talent in that club.

boojangles

I don't think John Lyng is going to Killygarry unless something has changed. Maybe a Dublin club though.

boojangles

Another tragedy for the Killinkere club with the news of the death of Tommy Clarke,brother of James. Not too sure about the cause of death but my condolonsces go out to all his family and friends. A very decent,honest and unassuming lad who represented Cavan at Minor level in 2002 and 2003.
May he rest in peace.

Dougal

Quote from: boojangles on December 29, 2009, 09:29:15 PM
I don't think John Lyng is going to Killygarry unless something has changed. Maybe a Dublin club though.

boo,im certain of it,i work with the lad who got the letter from lyng asking for a transfer to killygarry,and papers were signed friday before xmas.i remember him telling me months ago that gaffney was looking for a transfer to duleek(i think) next year,but i couldnt tell you how much of that was true.

Quote from: boojangles on December 29, 2009, 10:27:56 PM
Another tragedy for the Killinkere club with the news of the death of Tommy Clarke,brother of James. Not too sure about the cause of death but my condolonsces go out to all his family and friends. A very decent,honest and unassuming lad who represented Cavan at Minor level in 2002 and 2003.
May he rest in peace.

very sad news indeed.
may he rest in peace.