Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soup an Samajiz

have yet to see it myself but goin to give it a whack on Friday, heard tho it glosses over a fair bit, the drugs, the women beating and all sorts but a good watch, just don't go expecting a documentary
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

STREET FIGHTER

Anything out there worth watching?

CiKe

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 01, 2015, 01:44:39 PM
Watched Southpaw, started well but flattened out a bit.  Also watched San Andreas which was better than I expected.  The latest Avengers was average enough, just like the previous one.

Watched Southpaw last night. Solid enough 7/10.

bennydorano

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: bennydorano on September 07, 2015, 12:30:58 AM
Gone Girl is a great movie.

No it isn't.  It's totally shit.  Poorly acted, and completely predicable.

blewuporstuffed

I watched 'The Judge' Over the weekend and thought it was very good.
7.5/10
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

bennydorano

Ach yer hole. It certainly wasn't completely predicitible & was fairly original, it was well received by critics & it was a box office success. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: screenexile on September 01, 2015, 01:51:31 PM
Well lads... Straight Outta Compton any use?

Streamed a good quality version. Dunno if I'd pay to go to the cinema but def worth watching!

JoG2

What We Did On Our Holidays - 7.6/10 (Billy Connolly and David Tennent and a reck of wains): enjoyable show, the child actors were brilliant craic

Southpaw - 8.5/10: superb show

Straight Outta Compton - 8/10: not into the old hippity-hop, but really enjoyed this

screenexile

Quote from: JoG2 on September 07, 2015, 10:01:03 AM
What We Did On Our Holidays - 7.6/10 (Billy Connolly and David Tennent and a reck of wains): enjoyable show, the child actors were brilliant craic

Straight Outta Compton - 8/10: not into the old hippity-hop, but really enjoyed this

Well you've called it hippity-hop for a start!!!

JoG2

Quote from: screenexile on September 07, 2015, 10:25:25 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 07, 2015, 10:01:03 AM

Well you've called it hippity-hop for a start!!!

yo, fcuk you and the poooolice !

JoG2

The Secret In Their Eyes: Argentinian movie from a few years back.  Excellent show.  8.8/10.  It's on Netflix

theticklemister

Anyone see      'The Return Of The Man Who Never Came Back?'

bennydorano

Quote from: JoG2 on September 08, 2015, 11:25:19 PM
The Secret In Their Eyes: Argentinian movie from a few years back.  Excellent show.  8.8/10.  It's on Netflix
Great show. If you're partial to foreign language movies u should check out The Lives of Others, a German movie.

Soup an Samajiz

Must say im very excited for the new Star Wars film, think its shaping up to be very good and miles away from the over kill computer graphics of the previous 3.

Few good films on that imdb site coming it seems too, Colin Farrell in a In-Bruges-esque dark comedy "The Lobster" seems good. The new Macbeth film and Will Smiths "Concussion" caught my eye too
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people