Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

Armagh18

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 25, 2023, 10:39:38 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on January 25, 2023, 10:20:52 AM
Quote from: SHEEDY on January 25, 2023, 10:06:37 AM
Some people are losing the run of themselves on this thread, some of the wild theories being thrown about are clear nonsense. A mistake was made on the sideline by the officials not to notice the player hadn't come off simple as that. Anybody suggesting Crokes deliberately left the man on the field as some sort of last minute ploy that's been hatched since last years final needs their head examined.

If it was the other way round would there be the same social media pile on looking a replay?

There is a clear anti Dublin bias on this board. This thread is allowing people to express that with the county team having had a poor year - by their standards

There is and the Shane Walsh transfer hasn't helped the matter either.

The huge majority of people I know in the real world think Glen shouldn't be objecting.
Really? Anyone i've spoke to has. Whether they'd feel the same if it was the other way round who knows.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on January 25, 2023, 10:44:37 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on January 25, 2023, 10:20:37 AM
I think Glen have played their card and now it is back to the GAA to deal with it and decide on what course of action to take. Which will probably be to order a replay. What happens next then? Will Kilmacud refuse to play it and potentially forfeit the AI title and will Glen actually accept the replay offer and forfeit the game. If not this could drag on for weeks through an appeals process. Its messy for everyone and no matter the course of action there will be some people jumping up and down in fury.
I think it was on OTB that the GAA position was that the offended team has to object in order to limit the number of cases that reach the GAA.
But surely for an all Ireland final of national importance they could have a separate process.
The uncertainty must be difficult for the 2 clubs.

Conor Glass came back from Australia for days like Sunday. He couldn't have imagined this week.

He'd have enjoyed it more had he put that weak effort in the back of the net
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tyrone08

Some people are losing the run of themselves on this thread, some of the wild theories being thrown about are clear nonsense. A mistake was made on the sideline by the officials not to notice the player hadn't come off simple as that. Anybody suggesting Crokes deliberately left the man on the field as some sort of last minute ploy that's been hatched since last years final needs their head examined.

If it was the other way round would there be the same social media pile on looking a replay?

There is a clear anti Dublin bias on this board. This thread is allowing people to express that with the county team having had a poor year - by their standards

The huge majority of people I know in the real world think Glen shouldn't be objecting.

Paranoid much. Catch a grip a clear rule was broken and needs fixed, why should Glen be forced to suck it up. Shows how Dublin aren't used to get called out when one thing goes against them and its suddenly anti Dublin basis.

oakleaflad

The poll at the top of the page would roughly reflect the thoughts of people i've talked to. I have spoken to a few who think that Glen should have objected but not actually go ahead with a replay if granted, still a possibility I suppose.

tonto1888

Quote from: tyrone08 on January 25, 2023, 10:47:36 AM

Paranoid much. Catch a grip a clear rule was broken and needs fixed, why should Glen be forced to suck it up. Shows how Dublin aren't used to get called out when one thing goes against them and its suddenly anti Dublin basis.

Nobody is saying Glen should be forced to suck it up though are they?

seafoid

The only way we would know what happened would be in a court of law but the idea that there is no cheating in the GAA does not hold water.
Especially when the stakes are so high.

And a replay is in the rules. Social media are neither here nor there .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

yellowcard

I agree that Twitter gives a voice to the perenially outraged and is often not reflective of the wider society views. But I wouldn't underestimate the influence of Twitter in shaping some peoples views. There is definitely a certain element of peoples already inbuilt prejudices over Dublin football and the Walsh transfer at play here in the minds of public opinion. Not all but I would hazard a guess that it is a large part of it. Plenty of people would revel were Kilmacud to lose a replay and have to watch Glen lifting the cup that they had filled with cocktails only a few weeks previously.   

seafoid

OTB regarding an Evening Herald article that suggests that KC would refuse to take part in  a replay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh08-edCubM&t=638s
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trailer

A small referring error that did not effect the outcome of the game has been blown all out of proportion with Joe Wally leading the charge.

Take a step back and have a lie down if needs be.

Glen objecting is absolute desperation stuff. If the GAA succumb to loud mouths in the press and order a replay, KC should politely decline and send the cup up the road in a taxi.

Rossfan

Ah sure why have any oul rules at all so!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

gallsman

As I said in the other thread, people, primarily from Dublin, appear to think that Kilmacud are some big bogeyman club that is the envy of the rest of the country when the truth is most people couldn't a toss. They're not footballing royalty of the likes of Cross or Corofin or Nemo.

The suggestion that people are angling more for a replay, and otherwise wouldn't, because it's Kilmacud, especially after the Walsh transfer, is laughable.

Eire90

Eire90

Would the replay be  saturday 4th  if it happens

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 25, 2023, 10:47:31 AM
Quote from: seafoid on January 25, 2023, 10:44:37 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on January 25, 2023, 10:20:37 AM
I think Glen have played their card and now it is back to the GAA to deal with it and decide on what course of action to take. Which will probably be to order a replay. What happens next then? Will Kilmacud refuse to play it and potentially forfeit the AI title and will Glen actually accept the replay offer and forfeit the game. If not this could drag on for weeks through an appeals process. Its messy for everyone and no matter the course of action there will be some people jumping up and down in fury.
I think it was on OTB that the GAA position was that the offended team has to object in order to limit the number of cases that reach the GAA.
But surely for an all Ireland final of national importance they could have a separate process.
The uncertainty must be difficult for the 2 clubs.

Conor Glass came back from Australia for days like Sunday. He couldn't have imagined this week.

He'd have enjoyed it more had he put that weak effort in the back of the net
Classy.

HiMucker

Quote from: trailer on January 25, 2023, 11:01:03 AM
A small referring error that did not effect the outcome of the game has been blown all out of proportion with Joe Wally leading the charge.

Take a step back and have a lie down if needs be.

Glen objecting is absolute desperation stuff. If the GAA succumb to loud mouths in the press and order a replay, KC should politely decline and send the cup up the road in a taxi.
Why do people keep coming out with this line of tripe? We have no idea one way or the other if it had an impact or not on the outcome of the game. It certainly had impact on that passage of play, whether it changed the outcome or not. Even if only 1 in 20 of these last gasp chances end in goals, whos to say it wasnt to be Glens lucky shot? We have no idea and that much is 100% certain.